Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #81
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

To change the topic a little... Even though we have no idea what Ford has planned for 2015 at this point, I do know one thing, I would LOVE to see a true fastback again.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Whipple-12psi 10 Rib Pulley Kit-McLeod RXT & Steel Flywheel-UPR Rod End LCAs, UCA, Spherical Bearing, Panhard Bar, K-member + Front Swaybar Delete-Metco LCA Relo Brackets-BMR Xtreme Anti Roll-Spydershaft-Race Star Wheels-MGW-PMP Line Locks-Stanghi O/R X-Odyssey 10 lb Battery-Moroso Separator-Eibach Front/CJ Rear Drag Springs-Strange Adjustable Shocks and Struts-MSD 2 Step-etc. 11.29@123 1.59 60'
DRAG RACE? ASK ME ABOUT MY UPR SUSPENSION.
Diabolical! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #82
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 GT, 06 Vert
Send a message via MSN to Young_Gun Send a message via Yahoo to Young_Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical! View Post
To change the topic a little... Even though we have no idea what Ford has planned for 2015 at this point, I do know one thing, I would LOVE to see a true fastback again.
AMEN! AMEN! AMEN I SAY TO THAT!

Black 06 GT 5 speed, CAI, tuned, various electronics, scoops, nothing special

Red 06 v6 Vert

Tungsten 2007 v6 - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironh19 View Post
totally, if any animal hits my car, I will genocide that species. thats why there are no kids in my neighborhood now.
Quote:
It would be excellent on a presidential ballot: "None of the above. They're all idiots."
Young_Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #83
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: '08 S197 GT

Something else we should remember, sometimes concepts are just either a decoy or a thought into what could be (not should be).

Take a look at the link http://www.stangbangers.com/1964.htm the last pick is the ORIGINAL Mustang concept car. Released 2 to 3 years before the production car came to market.

http://www.supercars.net/cars/2409.html this one has specs, note the DISC front brakes and the drum rears with a 1.9L engine Neither were on the production vehicle.

My point is, until Ford says "this is the car we're going to call the mustang" it's all conjecture and guessing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoyz View Post
if you are getting 29mpg in your 5.0, you aren't driving it correctly
Derf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #84
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang Coupe

Quote:
+1 to that..

SMR# 2071
Eibach Pro Plus kit: Shocks, springs, swaybars - Adj. Panhard bar - Eibach LCA's
JLT CAI - Bama Tuner running 93R - 18x9 GT500 AM Wheels, 255 Sumitomo Shoes
JayyVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #85
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006, Ford, Mustang 4.0L v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf00 View Post
Something else we should remember, sometimes concepts are just either a decoy or a thought into what could be (not should be).

Take a look at the link http://www.stangbangers.com/1964.htm the last pick is the ORIGINAL Mustang concept car. Released 2 to 3 years before the production car came to market.

http://www.supercars.net/cars/2409.html this one has specs, note the DISC front brakes and the drum rears with a 1.9L engine Neither were on the production vehicle.

My point is, until Ford says "this is the car we're going to call the mustang" it's all conjecture and guessing...
Ah yes Philip T. Clark's mid engine Mustang 1. At least the tri bar pony from that concept stuck.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
X3xMONGOOSEx3X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #86
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ford Mustang GT

After looking at this picture several times, I've decided that I DO like the car pictured, however I don't think this represents what Mustang enthusiasts expect with the next gen Mustang. Take the concept car and call it a Falcon or a Probe or whatever but not a Mustang. If you look at sports cars in general, say the Porsche 911, anyone slightly interested in cars knows a 911 when they see one, if it is a '70s model or a 2012. Each new 911 model is a continuation of the previous style. This concept drawing really doesn't look like a continuation of the current Mustang, it looks like a cross between an Aston and a Nissan Z with a running horse emblem on the grill. Ford should leave the new "global look" to the Taurus, Focus and Fusion and put the Mustang in a category of it's own. What should the next gen Mustang be? I have no idea, I'm not a car designer but this concept definitely isn't making my excitable parts excited.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is “I have no interest in cars”. If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you are no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away" - Jeremy Clarkson
mph07alloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #87
CaptainRon
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mph07alloy View Post
After looking at this picture several times, I've decided that I DO like the car pictured, however I don't think this represents what Mustang enthusiasts expect with the next gen Mustang. Take the concept car and call it a Falcon or a Probe or whatever but not a Mustang. If you look at sports cars in general, say the Porsche 911, anyone slightly interested in cars knows a 911 when they see one, if it is a '70s model or a 2012. Each new 911 model is a continuation of the previous style. This concept drawing really doesn't look like a continuation of the current Mustang, it looks like a cross between an Aston and a Nissan Z with a running horse emblem on the grill. Ford should leave the new "global look" to the Taurus, Focus and Fusion and put the Mustang in a category of it's own. What should the next gen Mustang be? I have no idea, I'm not a car designer but this concept definitely isn't making my excitable parts excited.

And I agree with you 100%. I still feel that Ford should continue developing on the S197.
CaptainRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #88
potman
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 GT

I was talking to a dealer the other day and he told me the 15's will drop the retro all together. So if you like the retro, get' em' while they they're hot.

This leads me to ask, how will Chevy and Dodge respond? Will they ditch retro too?
Old 05-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #89
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by potman View Post
I was talking to a dealer the other day and he told me the 15's will drop the retro all together. So if you like the retro, get' em' while they they're hot.

This leads me to ask, how will Chevy and Dodge respond? Will they ditch retro too?
LOL The dealer told you that?!?!?! Ford tells the dealers nothing about what is coming out, much less about a design that is coming out 2 years from now!

08 GT Premium, Manual, 3.55s, HIDs, IUP, Premeir Trim, Amb Light
Appearance: HID Fogs, Smoked Fogs & Signals, 14" Ant, Black Mirror Caps, Sequentials, GT500 Spoiler & Rear Bumper
Steeda: UDPs, CMDPs, HD Motor Mounts, HD Strut Mounts, Tri-Ax Shifter, Alum DS, Billet LCAs, CAI w/CF Elbow
Other: Detroit Rockers, JBA Shorty Headers, Catch Can, Flow ATs, Koni STR.Ts, GT500 18" F/19" R Wheels, Brenspeed 93 Tune, Ethanol-Free Gas
jdmcbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #90
JThor
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mph07alloy View Post
If you look at sports cars in general, say the Porsche 911, anyone slightly interested in cars knows a 911 when they see one, if it is a '70s model or a 2012. Each new 911 model is a continuation of the previous style. . . Ford should leave the new "global look" to the Taurus, Focus and Fusion and put the Mustang in a category of it's own. . .
I agree. The "classic" Mustang was a winner. The subsequent iterations up to the S197 never had the same appeal. The S197 has been a winner again. Ford's sales proved it. I see plenty of twenty-somethings drooling over my GT. So, I doubt the S197 lacks appeal to the younger generation. They are just paying off student loans rather than plunking the money down on an expensive sports car. The 911 still has the appeal even though it is very reminiscent of the original 911.

Like Porsche, Ford ought to evolve the Mustang, rather than go the old American car manufacturers route of the '50's and '60's where the body style is radically changed often. It didn't work back then, and I doubt it will work now.
JThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:25 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2015, 37l, coating, concept, doors, forums, gt, gt500, mach, mustang, powder, red, str, tampacraigslist, wait