Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brembo 55D Springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 07:25 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Entaille
I don't really understand the folks that are gung ho about claiming the brembo package is special. it's not like it's limited edition because that's all they put out there - it's limited because only a few thousand a year typically opt for the Brembo package (and dealer's don't typically add it to their inventory cars). if you want something limited edition and unique, adding the brembo package isn't really the way to do it. I guess it's about as special as the california special package - not limited, anyone can get it, but only a few thousand were ordered that way.

that being said, the suspension tweaks I found absolutely horrible for daily driving. had I not swapped out the springs/struts/shocks, I probably would have started to dislike my car. it was silly how much me and my passengers were getting bounced around. I am surprised more haven't complained about that.
I don't have the brembo brake package, but I too have wondered why people make the package out to be so glorious. I mean yes, it's a good deal and a good upgrade, but I can go out and get nicer suspension components and a brembo brake kit and do it myself too. Plus at a few thousand a year, that's not really all that limited production IMO.

I mean grabber blue was the second least purchased color of mustang, but I don't feel special because my car is a rare masterpiece or something lol. I love the color but it doesn't make me feel special that not too many people order it.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

exactly. we all know the difference between true limited editions, and just options that didn't get made in high volume or sold in high volume. I think people just want to feel special.

like you said, it is a good bargain for what it costs, great option package.. but it's not a special model.

hell - I already replaced the suspension and wheels, I basically bought the package for the brakes themselves.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:28 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Ok. Not a special edition. But as u guys have said good optioned car for the price. Esp for customers who want just the performance options. And u can still get it in a 400 or 401 spec interior. For those customers who want the luxury options too.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:29 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

I have it and have not thought much about it, but damn you guys are killing this guy.

I had no clue about the extras it came with until I read a few post on here the day I bought it, but for the price it's a nice addition.

If you consider it special/limited - changing stuff out from OEM pretty much defeats the purpose of being special/limited ya know!
Old 05-10-2012, 12:30 PM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by shoeys08dkcandygt
springs for the 11-12 brembo cars with the premise of not losing any of the characteristics only found on brembo cars
The stock springs suck (Brembo or not). Why would anyone want to spend money on springs that maintain the already crappy stock spring rates? These 55D springs get rid of the 4x4 look and if that's all you want, go for it. But, if you want spring rates that actually improve the car's handling, get a set of Steeda springs for all four corners.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Thrashard340
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dcarlinf1
The stock springs suck (Brembo or not). Why would anyone want to spend money on springs that maintain the already crappy stock spring rates? These 55D springs get rid of the 4x4 look and if that's all you want, go for it. But, if you want spring rates that actually improve the car's handling, get a set of Steeda springs for all four corners.
These springs are for Brembo Mustang owners that actually enjoy the stock riding Brembo rate springs (which are slightly different than a stock GT). Not everyone wants to buy springs, shocks and HD strut mounts to upgrade their suspension over stock which would cost around $700. The 55D are just a rear set of springs with the stock rate to level it out for slightly over $100. your turning this into an apple-to-oranges comparison.

The stock Brembo package Mustang already goes toe-to-toe with an M3. That may not be good enough for the few that want to upgrade their suspension, but it's good enough for me.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:16 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Thrashard340
These springs are for Brembo Mustang owners that actually enjoy the stock riding Brembo rate springs (which are slightly different than a stock GT). Not everyone wants to buy springs, shocks and HD strut mounts to upgrade their suspension over stock which would cost around $700. The 55D are just a rear set of springs with the stock rate to level it out for slightly over $100. your turning this into an apple-to-oranges comparison.

The stock Brembo package Mustang already goes toe-to-toe with an M3. That may not be good enough for the few that want to upgrade their suspension, but it's good enough for me.
Exactly! Thank you for understanding that some of us like the factory ride quality and just want to level out the stance a little. Same reason owners with 05-09 s197 gt's put the roush rear springs on their rides. To lose the 4x4 look.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:34 PM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Thrashard340

To each his own. But the stock spring rates are something to get away from if you ask me. Not buy more.

I have a set of the "slightly different than a stock GT" Brembo springs to give away if anyone wants them.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:35 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Entaille
I had 4 different people make a comment about the harshness of the ride in mine. pretty crazy. maybe there was something wrong with my suspension : P
So you bought a "track/handling" package..and you were suprised it was stiff? That's kinda strange. What do you think the Boss feels like, a Caddy??
Old 05-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MrSandman
So you bought a "track/handling" package..and you were suprised it was stiff? That's kinda strange. What do you think the Boss feels like, a Caddy??
I bought the package for the brakes - I didn't know about the suspension changes and feel. there were no local brembo vehicles to drive beforehand, I drove a GT and a GT CS without the package.

aside from that - you can have a stiff, well handling car that can still deal with bumps and breaks in the road without jolting everyone. I lowered my car 2" on eibach products (including struts/shocks) and it still has a higher ride quality than the brembo package suspension did - typically lowering your car that much, you're killing any chance at a comfortable ride.

Quick Reply: Brembo 55D Springs