Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anybody know this package?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Scoop is/modeled off of the Roush one.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:48 PM
HIS S-197
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by lawrencecar1
Damm, that is a cool link to get the window sticker..
Originally Posted by 99gtstang
H H H H H YAH that link is awesome, thanks for posting.
I can't remember if I originally stumbled across the link here or on AFM.
Either way, it's a really neat link that I'm more than happy share.

I use my window sticker as my desktop background at work.

FUN FACT #2:
The 13-digit number to the bottom right will tell you the production date.
Ignore the 1 and the next 8 numbers are a YYYYMMDD format production date.
I'm not sure if it's when the build began or finished.

Last edited by HIS S-197; 05-09-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:53 PM
CaptainRon
2nd Gear Member

That could be your base V6 with all the add ons for all you know. Just because it has Brembo wheels doesnt mean it has the Brembo brake package. Just use that link with the VIN number and it will tell you what it was and had originally.

Now from what I could see in the pics, it just looks like a 5.0 base Gt with a lot of add on done by the previous owner. These add on were not done by Ford and are not a factory option.

Last edited by CaptainRon; 05-09-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

That isn't a "Ford Package". It might be a dealer optioned car, but nothing that came from the factory or anything. It's not a Roush or Saleen car either.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:33 PM
CaptainRon
2nd Gear Member

It appears to be a base GT with aftermarket parts installed by the previous owner. The wheels, hood scoop and Boss 302 fascia and grill were never offered by Ford or a dealer as add ons. Those look like Brembo wheels but that doesnt mean it has brembo brakes. The way you can tell is if the calipers say Brembo.

Pop open the hood and make sure there's even a 5.0 v8 in there.

Last edited by CaptainRon; 05-09-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:38 PM
sharony1994
2nd Gear Member

def looks shady it a 5.0 with boss 302 front grill and the fascia

get it checked out by ford if u do plan on buying the car
Old 05-09-2012, 10:10 PM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

GT/CS front fascia, BOSS splitter, factory hood scoop, factory front grille with fogs blacked out, ugly aftermarket stripe

Look up its VIN to confirm it's a 5.0, not a 3.7 or worse - a 4.0 lol
Old 05-10-2012, 08:58 AM
AMustangHopeful

Well, the dealer/seller not giving much info definitely sounds a bit shady, but is it that much of a stretch to believe that that Mustang is just someone's car that is just modified, like everyone else's on this forum, and that they just traded in for a newer model/different car?

Cuz I think it looks awesome, though to me, that scoop just looks like a painted fake Ford scoop.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:29 AM
CaptainRon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMustangHopeful
Well, the dealer/seller not giving much info definitely sounds a bit shady, but is it that much of a stretch to believe that that Mustang is just someone's car that is just modified, like everyone else's on this forum, and that they just traded in for a newer model/different car?

Cuz I think it looks awesome, though to me, that scoop just looks like a painted fake Ford scoop.

Yes its stretching it mighty far if you actually believe that it came like that from the factory or was ordered like that. If the dealer is not telling you much about the car then ask your self a couple questions, 1. how much is the car, 2. how many miles does it have, 3. why doesnt the dealer know anything about this car?

What you are looking at is a base GT with add ons installed by the previous owner. The GT front lower fascia is interchangable with the Boss 302's and the california special is the same piece. The grill on the GT's are also interchangable and the worlds full of different grills to choose from. That hood scoop can be had painted or unpainted at A.M. and just because it has Brembo wheels does not mean it has brembo brakes. I already told you to get on your hands and knees and look at the front brake calipers. If they're not black or painted grey and say "Brembo" then theyre not brembo brakes.

Another thing, I noticed that car has California tags on it. Seems lately that everyone in California is copying the '07-'08' "Shelby GT" look and it definately appears that the previous owner attempted just that....

Your looking at a base GT with aftermarket add ons son.....
Old 05-10-2012, 02:46 PM
AMustangHopeful

Not trying to start an argument, but I do realize that that car is NOT from the factory.

When I asked if it was a stretch, I meant that people seem to be talking like that car is a fake, i.e. not a real GT, or that maybe its got crap internals, and I wondered if its just someones baby that they sold/traded. Maybe the dealer doesn't want to divulge any info about it because he knows its got mods, and either doesn't know what mods it has, or doesn't want the customer to be turned away by the fact that it isn't stock.

Quick Reply: Does anybody know this package?