Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random small things that other cars have and Mustangs should have

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 10:40 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

I wish the mycolor thinger was more red and less pink. That's about it.

You bring drinks into my car, they better be sealed because the way I drive cupholder placement isn't going to make a difference, you're holding them onto them anyways.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:56 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CMcNam
I wish the mycolor thinger was more red and less pink. That's about it.
Do you have it set on the pre-programmed red, or did you do Blue 1, Green 1, Red 5?

If you hit reset (I think) a couple of times it will cycle through a few pre-programmed colors with red being one of them..... and it is very, very red.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:58 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
Do you have it set on the pre-programmed red, or did you do Blue 1, Green 1, Red 5?

If you hit reset (I think) a couple of times it will cycle through a few pre-programmed colors with red being one of them..... and it is very, very red.
I'll try that right now...if it works my car's perfect. You can take your fancy cupholders!

Edit: Just tried all the preset colors, and also set it B1, G1, and R5. Latter setup is the reddest of them. It's red, but not red enough. Guess I would like it to match my red interior. It looks great, and I'm nitpicking, still not RED enough for me, but that's what it's set at.

Last edited by CMcNam; 11-16-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:31 AM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by baddog671
How about this

A "curtosy light" in the rear of the cabin like the classics had. It's like looking into a black hole back there.
sooo true, you cant see anything in the back at all at night, especially if you have tint or are on a dark road. There should be a light in the middle of the ceiling like other cars imo.

that, or some type of light on the back of the center console.. basically anything would help since its pitch black back there.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:14 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andy13186
sooo true, you cant see anything in the back at all at night, especially if you have tint or are on a dark road. There should be a light in the middle of the ceiling like other cars imo.

that, or some type of light on the back of the center console.. basically anything would help since its pitch black back there.
God yes +1000!

I have tint and was stupid enough to swap my dome lights to blue leds with terrible usable light, so whenever I get into my car at night all I can think about is the axe murderer back there that I'll never see coming.

That and the glove compartment needs a light. Come on Ford, rookie mistakes.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:10 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Hp for sure! I agree. The 3.7 has sent me to the moon! And I still am waiting to install
a 3.55:1 gear! Then this baby will Rocket!
Old 11-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Chevy Convert
2nd Gear Member

I would have really liked a real fold down rear seat option like the classic stangs.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:41 PM
iamgone
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by F0RD4LifE
Lights on the mirrors? You know....to appeal the females....
Agreed. My wife has mentioned this on numerous occasions when riding in my car.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:27 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
A light in the glove compartment. I dunno why there isn't one, maybe an oversight on the engineer's part but my 97 camry had one.
My wifes 97GT has one but I dont recall that on our original 97 nor any other mustang for that matter. Im sure a previous owner must have installed it.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:29 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
I have tint and was stupid enough to swap my dome lights to blue leds with terrible usable light, so whenever I get into my car at night all I can think about is the axe murderer back there that I'll never see coming.
One night there will be a midget axe murderer back there, just like a good Hitchcock flick. He'll go to swing to chop your head off, then the axe will hit the low ceiling, cheap headliner and get stuck, giving you time to leap out, hit the self destruct and watch him blow sky high.

You did order the self destruct option, right?

Quick Reply: Random small things that other cars have and Mustangs should have