Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why so much?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 03:47 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

It pays to shop around. I have found items on amazon and summit that were significantly cheaper than our normal mustang vendors.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Summit doesn't offer tunes for any of the car parts they sell...so that's part of it.. I can understand a $150 difference (tune and Customer service) but over $260 seems pretty far out.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99gtstang
Yes, AM does price match - They were not too friendly when I did that a few months ago. It was a $600 part.

Complaining??? By no means... Just curious if anyone had a thought on price difference.... It's extreme.

AM has been excellent to me.

Summit has been excellent to me as well considering they're 15 minutes away... Just hate paying sales tax

My brother has spent a few thousand in the McDonough store this month building his stroker motor for the 77 C-10.

Waiting for the install for a race.... Going to be around 450 HP, but no traction I am sure.
I'm about to ride by that store. Small world lol.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:48 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Reason it's cheaper is cause you're not paying for AMs mark up. Summit racing is a much larger distributor and buys in much larger quantities which means better prices for the customer. But most sites are cheaper than AM, but not all.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:28 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Hey guys,

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention!

Ford Racing has had some pricing changes in the last few months that are pretty confusing. They've tried to get their retailers to adapt a new MAP pricing policy, and we worked with them and stuck to it. Some of the vendors just aren't having it.

It's not something we're doing intentionally to price gouge, and I hope you understand! We're not in this to make a killing off a single sale, and never have been. We're Mustang enthusiasts and know exactly what it's like to shop around for a deal! We have tons of return customers and have always been customer service-based and not about making a quick buck.

Between our price-match policy and our forums discount for active members of MustangForums, we'll always be the same price or cheaper than any of our competitors. We ship for free same-day if orders are placed before 5PM EST. We've got real-time inventory, free tunes for life, free mounting/balancing and a ton of other perks that have made us unique in the past!

I'll see if I can't get this feedback passed along to the right people. In the mean-time, if anyone is looking for this manifold... call us up! I'll never let us lose a customer over a single sale where we're not priced right. Give us a shout any time and we'll do whatever we have to do to keep you guys around!

Hope this helps!

Chris
Old 05-16-2012, 05:37 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
AM offers price match. Just call them. As far as Summit Racing is concerned, they are a great company! I live 30mins away from the Tallmadge store and I can honestly say I've never had any issues with them. This is however the first item that I've seen priced cheaper at Summit vs. the competition. They usually aren't that cheap unless you buy off brand cheap products. AM is strickly Mustangs...Summit has a much larger audience of enthusiasts from every manufacturer so they sometimes don't have items that you would see at AM, Late Model Restoration, Brenspeed, etc. If it's a better price, go for it. I never could understand why people bash other companies in defense of "their" company. As long as the customer service is good, I'll buy from them if the price is right.
+1 on Summit, I live about an hour from the McDonough location!
Old 05-16-2012, 06:07 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Because the FRPP just raised the price, I just logged in and checked my cost and it's far more then what SUMMIT is selling it for. I assume nobody has updated their site yet.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:03 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the response, Chris. Not trying to get everything stirred up. Odd to see a difference that big.

Cannot go wrong with price match.... Customer service is still present with AM. I have spent over 3k with your place and plan to continue.

Sparta - Maybe they're left over's which they intend to sell based upon the price they paid before FRPP'S markup.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:12 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
Hey guys,

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention!

Ford Racing has had some pricing changes in the last few months that are pretty confusing. They've tried to get their retailers to adapt a new MAP pricing policy, and we worked with them and stuck to it. Some of the vendors just aren't having it.

It's not something we're doing intentionally to price gouge, and I hope you understand! We're not in this to make a killing off a single sale, and never have been. We're Mustang enthusiasts and know exactly what it's like to shop around for a deal! We have tons of return customers and have always been customer service-based and not about making a quick buck.

Between our price-match policy and our forums discount for active members of MustangForums, we'll always be the same price or cheaper than any of our competitors. We ship for free same-day if orders are placed before 5PM EST. We've got real-time inventory, free tunes for life, free mounting/balancing and a ton of other perks that have made us unique in the past!

I'll see if I can't get this feedback passed along to the right people. In the mean-time, if anyone is looking for this manifold... call us up! I'll never let us lose a customer over a single sale where we're not priced right. Give us a shout any time and we'll do whatever we have to do to keep you guys around!

Hope this helps!

Chris
In case this helps anyone else, I ordered my exhaust today from AM, but not before finding them cheaper at another site... Well, I called AM and asked for the pricematch and while I was there on the phone, we looked up the site that had them for less and he matched the price right then and there. No muss. No fuss. And it shipped out from AM today (already have a tracking number). If you are worried about price, just ask for the price match.

Don
Old 05-16-2012, 10:16 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Awesome, Don.

Got my RP oil today from AM. Cannot beat 8 qts shipped free under $60.