Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got keyed...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 10:28 PM
Stuart McWilliams
2nd Gear Member

Angry Got keyed...

So, the other day, when I arrived home from school, I noticed a nice long, deep scratch along the driver side of my car, all the way past the primer, on three different panels. I go to a school of 2500 kids, so no telling whether it's someone jealous or some kid who has something against me. I immediately went back to school and basically got told by one of the assistant principals that there was nothing they could do but to come the next day and talk to security. So the next day I went in and talked to the main security guy and we looked at security footage. Of course, my car is nowhere to be seen on any of the views (I park far away from everyone else because of all the hit-and-runs and door-dings), but you are able to see the lot a parked in, so you would be able to see who goes in and out of the lot during the middle of the day and narrow it down. These are his exact words to my strategy, while he has the Packers website on his computer: "That would be too time consuming." Isn't that his god damn job? You are in charge of security at a high school and a crime happened on your property! I informed him that this is no "cute prank" and will be expensive to fix and that sort of made him realize the situation and he said he would look into it. Later I was going to go down and check if he had made any progress. If he hadn't, I was planning on cussing him out and taking the suspension because of how mad I was, but I ended up getting suspended for a different reason (silly reason, I'm not a bad kid) and I wasn't able to take another. So here I am, stuck with a hefty repair bill because some ***** thought they would be cool and key someone's car. Also, it would be one thing I was a rich little kid and my car was given to me by my parents, but I am paying for the whole thing: gas, insurance, and car payments. There ARE other kids with newer Mustangs and nicer cars whose parents did buy their cars, but I'm the one with a scratch... Just wanted to get that out somewhere...
Old 05-17-2012, 10:41 PM
CaptainRon
2nd Gear Member

First thing you need to do is call the police and have a report made, should have done that the moment you saw the damage. You need a written report to document the damage so it can be submited to your insurance company. pay the deductable, which is around $500 bux because thats a $1500 repair. they're gonna have to repaint the entire side of the car.

remember, 9/10 times when these types of vandalism occur, the person who did it, knows you. Pay the deductable, and keep your car at home til your out of school.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:45 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

One reason why I drive a 1983 mustang to school and leave the 10 at home.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:47 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

**** man, I really do feel bad for you. Good luck finding the back o' dicks that did it.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

I park under the security cameras.

Man, that sucks. Really hope you find the jackass who did it.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:06 AM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

I'd wager someone is jealous of your sweet ride. Do whats been said above. On another note, its reassuring when the head of security would rather be checking the websites of his favorite sports teams rather then doing his job that he is for some reason getting paid for. "Too time consuming" my ***, if it were the other way around he would be doing anything he could to find the vandal.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:39 AM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

I would tell the head of security, that I might mention it to the School Board and see if they were to busy to re-evaluate his postion and pay.

I was lucky I went to a school, where we had 300 kids, someone did something I knew it and I could figure it out on my own. Sounds like a total BS situation. I would defiinitly get ahold of the police and see if you can get any help.

I had a Grill blow down the side of my car in a storm a couple years ago, it cost 1700 to repair. I have Satin Silver which is a metalic so it made it slightly more. Still its gonna cost a crap load
Old 05-18-2012, 09:44 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear that bro, that sucks!
+1 on calling the police to write up a report and then go through your insurance for the repairs. Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 05-18-2012, 09:47 AM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CaptainRon
First thing you need to do is call the police and have a report made, should have done that the moment you saw the damage. You need a written report to document the damage so it can be submited to your insurance company. pay the deductable, which is around $500 bux because thats a $1500 repair. they're gonna have to repaint the entire side of the car.

remember, 9/10 times when these types of vandalism occur, the person who did it, knows you. Pay the deductable, and keep your car at home til your out of school.
I doubt the police will even entertain the idea of coming out and doing a report since it happened on private property.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:57 AM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by D'prived
I doubt the police will even entertain the idea of coming out and doing a report since it happened on private property.
Explain that.

Unless I am misunderstanding, If I follow your logic, I could have burned the car to the ground, murdered a teacher and raped a girl before I left BUT, the police would not come out to file a report cause it was on Private Property so it was ok.

A crime is a crime, no matter where it happens and no matter how minor or major.

Quick Reply: Got keyed...