Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Special Order for '13?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 12:44 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

Talking Special Order for '13?

Does anyone have any idea, or is in the know of if it's possible to special order at all like the old days?

I'm looking to buy a '13 Mustang, and I am dead set on a Sterling Grey, Manual Trans, GT Convertible. I want the California Special and Shaker Pro w/ the interior comfort package. I really don't want the $2,300 Nav, nor do I want the rear parking sensors or cam.

What I really am interested in though, is the track package, that seems to be coupe only. Is there a way I can sneak a special order through to have the track package on a vert?

Also, hello, first post, never had a Mustang before, my ex had one that I loved ('06 PP). I just sold my '05 GTO (full bolt-ons, cammed) and am thinking about trading in my '04 Beetle Convertible on a new Mustang which will bridge what I loved about my GTO and what I love about my Beetle.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:38 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

A friend of mine that lives in the DC area ordered his from the factory, but there was nothing unique about his order. However, I can see if I can get him to chime in about the dealer he used and if that is at all possible.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

you can probably get a better suspension in the after market if you wanted. How much does the track package run? You can get springs and shocks for like 900$ install is like 300-400

what else in the track package do you want? Rims and tires you can get after market too, but the wheels that come on the brembos are pretty nice.

Last edited by Andy13186; 05-20-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:22 PM
GT50GO
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andy13186
How much does the track package run?
what else in the track package do you want?
I just picked up a 2013 coupe with the track package .

It’s a $2,495 option that consist of the following (includes the Brembo package)

3.73.1 rear axle, oil cooler, upgraded radiator (from the Boss 302), the same Torsen rear differential as is available on the Boss, performance friction brake pads, Brembo 4 piston calipers, 14" vented front discs, 11.8" vented rear disc, Agressive suspension tuning, unique electonic stability control (ESC) tuning, 19 x 9.0 dark stainless painted aluminum wheels with 255/40 ZR19 Pirelli P Zero
summer performance tires
Old 05-20-2012, 02:25 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

To keep costs low you won't be able to push through any combinations that aren't normally offered.

You can custom order and get whatever combination of packages you want, but you can only customize things to a certain extent. I custom ordered mine, and for example I wanted side scoops and a hood scoop, but that wasn't an option, they have "accessory packages" that you have to select from.

I'd suggest ordering something as close as possible to what you want from the factory, then just adding on suspension components as needed to make your car exactly the way you want it.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Sequence

It is possible to special order but not the way you listed. You can order packages but you cant piece things together.

by the way welcome! I also live in DC but wont have a mustang until I get back from my deployment, hopefully one day we will cross each others path
Old 05-20-2012, 10:34 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

thanks everyone, first new car that i'll likely order. Also Ed (Bickety) please ask your friend! There seem to just be a few chains, but right now I'm trying to decide on ordering now, or waiting till fall when the '13's normally would actually come out to order a car then. With the Cali Special supposedly not all that common I just don't want to chance it and have to pick through remaining inventory later.

The last car I bought new was my 2005 GTO, and with those it was as simple as what color do you want and which transmission.

Well it seems like the wheel choices with the Brembo brakes aren't all that great.

I've always admired the newer Mustang, and I'm pretty excited to finally be really considering it. I just hate that Bullitt wheels are so played out. I have a feeling when I buy this car, I'm going to want to change those out.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:29 PM
POMBCHSTANG

Nice, Had a 69 GTO a while back myself. In regards to your convertable Track Package question, I found out No Can Do! That's why Im ordering the Glass roof option. getting 3.73 gears with that Track Package. Your talking about the Boss Diff and all the other stuff right?
Old 05-24-2012, 07:03 AM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

Exactly. If I had it my way I'd have a gotta have it green convertible with Cali special and track package.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:48 AM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

Danielle - I asked. I'm waiting for an answer. He did say that he went through the largest Ford dealer in that area: http://www.appleford.com/ I would just ask them.

And just an opinion from a guy that has owned two GT convertibles in the past ('83 and '00). Get a coupe. I'd rather have the track package then a top that goes down

Quick Reply: Special Order for '13?