Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't You hate it when your Mustang gets Vandilized

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 10:47 PM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

I had my 2002 T/A "egged" (just 1 egg on the windshield). Little did he know we had a security system that caught the act on tape... in the middle of the day... and he drove the only late 70s Firebird in town. His parents got a fine and his father made him sell his car.

Sorry that happened OP. Assclowns will be assclowns, I just hope they get caught and you can move on knowing justice was served.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:09 PM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

Was there a reason for someone to mess with your car? Maybe some road rage or something you knew?

No offense, but I just don't see why anyone would break the windows of a stock V6. Usually the retards try to mess with nice cars.

EDIT: By "nice cars" I meant more expensive cars... not that your car isn't nice.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:09 PM
stang06lv
2nd Gear Member

It's even worse when somebody hits your car in a parking lot and doesnt leave a note , 2500$ deductible anyone?
Old 05-23-2012, 04:55 AM
YerBuddy
2nd Gear Member

That sucks...

Some people are just completely void of decent character.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:39 AM
Hysteric
1st Gear Member

I park mine outside. This definitely makes me feel like I need to put some cameras up.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:08 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Luckily my GT is not my daily driver. It will never see a movie theater, Walmart or mall parking lot. Nor will it ever spend the night outside of four walls. The culture we live in has gone to pure schitt. No wonder people want to blow us up.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:24 AM
ninefooter
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hysteric
I park mine outside. This definitely makes me feel like I need to put some cameras up.
As I put in another thread and if anyone has any questions I'll be happy to 'splain:

Yea I just installed a motion activated day/night security camera 24 hours that records videos in 5 second durations but will continue if the motion continues. It stores over 16 thousand videos 5 seconds long in pretty good quality (good enough to identify someone or get a plate). It's plugged into a separate dvr that plugs into the video port in our TV.

It worked pretty nicely earlier. We heard someone outside and instead of walking out there to see I just switched input from our tv to video and saw 2 people walking around my car looking at it and they walked away. Now if anything ever happens to it I can check the logs.

I use my garage as a pool table room so I can't put the vehicle in there and the front of our house has no windows except up stairs so now I have eyes out there all the time!

One camera + recorder + SD card was nowhere near 1,000 dollars either. It was about half of an insurance deductible so I think it's worth it.
Cost me total about 260 bucks including the 32gig card.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:15 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

What are you guys doing with $1000 deductible and above??? Especially on non collision scenarios...
Is your driving record so bad that you don't have a choice?
If so, drive a POS until you can get a decent deductible.
No offense OP, I'm just saying...
Old 05-23-2012, 06:59 PM
UofHmustang
2nd Gear Member

This is why I can't wait to move into my house in a month. I hate even having my parking spot next to a 2012 Roush where I live now. He has a young daughter and I'm afraid he doesn't pull out before letting her in. Kids don't always have presence of mind for such things as watching doors.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:05 PM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
What are you guys doing with $1000 deductible and above??? Especially on non collision scenarios...
Is your driving record so bad that you don't have a choice?
If so, drive a POS until you can get a decent deductible.
No offense OP, I'm just saying...
exactly. mine is $250 on my Mustang. a bit more expensive but nothing outrageous.

Quick Reply: Don't You hate it when your Mustang gets Vandilized