Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is what stock Pirellis look like !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 05:23 PM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

Exclamation This is what stock Pirellis look like !!!

I had 65,000 miles on them, luckily I got new one's those looked like they were about to tear off !!!!
Attached Thumbnails This is what stock Pirellis look like !!!-1.jpg   This is what stock Pirellis look like !!!-2.jpg   This is what stock Pirellis look like !!!-3.jpg   This is what stock Pirellis look like !!!-5.jpg   This is what stock Pirellis look like !!!-7.jpg  

Old 05-22-2012, 05:39 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

do you have some camber?
Old 05-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Time for an alignment.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:15 PM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

No chamber, stock suspension !!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:31 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

And this is a perfect example of why every state needs inspections. You were driving on those tires?

I changed my pirellis at 38,000, not because they were to the wear bars, but because they were freaking old! You got stupid people out there driving on tires that are 10+ years old, then try to blame the manufacturer when they have a blow out.

Do they not have state inspections were you live? I used to be against florida bringing back inspections, but I'm tired of all the crap car leaking oil all over the road and burning oil.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DragonPL
No chamber, stock suspension !!
Originally Posted by Diabolical!
Time for an alignment.
I agree with Diabolical!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:49 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
And this is a perfect example of why every state needs inspections. You were driving on those tires?

I changed my pirellis at 38,000, not because they were to the wear bars, but because they were freaking old! You got stupid people out there driving on tires that are 10+ years old, then try to blame the manufacturer when they have a blow out.

Do they not have state inspections were you live? I used to be against florida bringing back inspections, but I'm tired of all the crap car leaking oil all over the road and burning oil.
I have to agree with Moosestang regarding your choice to put yourself and others at risk by continuing to drive on tires that were in that condition. If you were oblivious to their condition, then shame of you for not performing regular maintenance, such as tire rotation, that would have identified the problem early enough to not be a danger to others. If you knew and CHOSE not to rectify, then you truly are ignorant of the consequences of your actions and maybe shouldn't be on the road.

No two ways about it though... you should not have been at that many miles on a tire only rated for 45k miles.

Don
Old 05-22-2012, 07:27 PM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

That's why I checked the tires and replaced them. I don't know why you're jumping at me like that, when actually I do perform maintenance my self (never had any issues with the car) and heard from many people including Ford service workers about shabby Pirelli tires.

When people leak oil on the road, have old oil smoking from their exhaust it's their own stupidity and no state enforced inspection will change that.

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
I have to agree with Moosestang regarding your choice to put yourself and others at risk by continuing to drive on tires that were in that condition. If you were oblivious to their condition, then shame of you for not performing regular maintenance, such as tire rotation, that would have identified the problem early enough to not be a danger to others. If you knew and CHOSE not to rectify, then you truly are ignorant of the consequences of your actions and maybe shouldn't be on the road.

No two ways about it though... you should not have been at that many miles on a tire only rated for 45k miles.

Don
Old 05-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Tygr1
2nd Gear Member

That is NOT the fault of the tires!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:43 PM
JimC

If it were me I would take the car in for an inspection, especially of the front end. That kind of wear says you have something way off and worn out. If you don't get it fixed your new tires will look just as bad on the inside as that set.

Quick Reply: This is what stock Pirellis look like !!!