Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Boss BS from dealer

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Boss_Hotrod
5th Gear Member

Default 2013 Boss BS from dealer

I ordered my Boss back in December and received my VIN and got the window sticker online. Had a build date of April 4. Thats when things started to go nuts. The dealer told me that I should have it May 12th. Well that day came and no Boss. Was then told 16th, no Boss. Then told the 18th or 19th. Guess what no Boss. They finally called and tracked the car for me today and told me it was still in Michigan, WTF! They gave me some BS about the car had to go to a third party company to have the hood installed and a scoop. What scoop? They told me they were fiberglass and my cousin's 2012 Boss has a steel hood on it. As of now I have still have no Boss and no ETA anymore.

Anyone have this issue with getting your Boss? I know one thing though a dealer is going to be paying for a Trackey now.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:58 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

LOL......I actually picked mine up on Aug 1st last year, the build date was 6 June. I got the same run around, the thing is these cars sit on ramp 51 for weeks maybe months at a time, they won't ship the cars unless the train cart is full. I'm sure you'll get it I felt the same way. As for the track key I think it's garbage just get a CAI and a tune, but if they are gonna pay for it....get it and see what ya think. Remember.....you are dealing with union workers.....lol.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:26 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

FYI. S197 hoods are aluminum. Enjoy your Boss!
Old 05-23-2012, 06:35 AM
Boss_Hotrod
5th Gear Member

Opps. I remember the '05s had aluminum on them so I guess they are still doing that.

I hope it gets off Ramp 51 soon. This **** is driving me crazy. Ive already got new wheels waiting on the car.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:02 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boss_Hotrod
Opps. I remember the '05s had aluminum on them so I guess they are still doing that.

I hope it gets off Ramp 51 soon. This **** is driving me crazy. Ive already got new wheels waiting on the car.
Really .. I like the Boss Wheels ... how much you want for them?
Old 05-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Boss_Hotrod
5th Gear Member

Haha. Im putting them back into the boxes to hang onto them. My plan is to leave Ford and drive the 1000ft. to work (Honda....) and swap them and uncork the sidepipes on it before I take it home with the 5.0 in tow. Going to be a fun day when it finally comes.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Jizz
2nd Gear Member

Where at in NC?
Old 05-24-2012, 08:16 AM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

A friend of mine got a Boss early on. Just got his track key. In the literature, which I have not seen, he said it basically states the warranty is voided if the key is used. Has anybody else heard of this? Or is he just off his rocker?
Old 05-24-2012, 02:06 PM
beefcake
1st Gear Member

after the car is built, it goes across the street for accessories (splitters, stripes, etc..)

they can be there a couple weeks, then they have to sit at the ramp.

sometimes things get put on hold

my 08 shelby was 7 weeks late or so.....
Old 05-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Boss_Hotrod
5th Gear Member

Im in Hickory. As far as voiding the warranty I dont see if doing that other than maybe limiting the powertrain. The fleet manager told me I could have them install a blower on it and it would be covered under warranty. I dont car much about the warranty though since I will be doing all the work on the car and once the 3/36 warranty goes out a blower is going on the car.

Quick Reply: 2013 Boss BS from dealer