Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures of 2013 V6 Premium 17" Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 02:24 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

In the '13 brochure, the 17" Machined Aluminum with Painted Pockets looks like a very dark grey or black. There is also a footnote next to them that reads "Limited production"

the picture posted of the black Mustang looks like it has the 17" Sparkle Silver-Painted Aluminum. Those are standard on the V6. The V^ premium standard wheels are the 17" Machined Aluminum with Painted Pockets or the 17" Foundry Black-Painted Machined Aluminum which has a footnote that reads "Late availability".
Old 05-23-2012, 02:50 PM
hebert24

heres my premium
Old 05-23-2012, 02:54 PM
hebert24

[/IMG]
Old 05-23-2012, 02:56 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hebert24
heres my premium
No picture.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:41 PM
JTN

Originally Posted by BicketyBam
In the '13 brochure, the 17" Machined Aluminum with Painted Pockets looks like a very dark grey or black. There is also a footnote next to them that reads "Limited production"

the picture posted of the black Mustang looks like it has the 17" Sparkle Silver-Painted Aluminum. Those are standard on the V6. The V^ premium standard wheels are the 17" Machined Aluminum with Painted Pockets or the 17" Foundry Black-Painted Machined Aluminum which has a footnote that reads "Late availability".
I asked two dealers for a brochure but neither had any yet so I dug up the PDF online. I have not seen those 17" foundry black wheels listed anywhere yet, I wonder how "late" the late availability is?

And again in that brochure PDF the 17" painted pocket wheels appear very dark gray if not black while all the wheels I've seen pictures of are light gray. And even next to the 17" foundry black wheels the colors appear very similar, which leads me to believe Ford intends them to be black. Could it be that Ford is rolling them out later on and all the "early" 2013's are shipping with the silver wheels instead?

I do know that the 17" silver wheels on the base model 2013 V6 I saw were definitely not two-toned. They were a solid dull silver color through and through.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:05 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

I just spec'd one out on Fords website. The only wheel option when I selected V6 Premium was the 17" machined aluminum with painted pockets. Here is what the car looked like:

Looks black to me.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:18 PM
JTN

I just spec'd one out on Fords website. The only wheel option when I selected V6 Premium was the 17" machined aluminum with painted pockets. Here is what the car looked like:

Looks black to me.
That's the trouble I'm having... I've been "building" various V6 Premium Mustangs on the Ford website and while others are free to disagree I like the looks of the 17" painted pocket wheels... provided they look as they do on the website... with black pockets.

My fear is that I will order what I want then get gray wheels... at which point I can very realistically expect the Ford dealer to say "that is how they come" and I'll be stuck with ugly gray wheels.

For the record I'm no Bucks Rockafeller. I'd buy a GT in a heartbeat if I could swing the payments combined with the insurance and gas hit... but as it stands I can only afford to run a V6, and I'm leaning towards the Premium edition simply for all the extra stuff you get for not much more money. A second consideration is that I live in Saint Louis, which is a town known for snow in the winter, so the Performance Package with it's summer only tires is out. I currently drive a car with summer only tires and I don't have the space to store a set of winter wheels and I can't take another winter of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:24 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

I'd spec the car out on the website and then print it when it gives you the option. Bring it to the dealer and say, "I want this" and be sure to point out the wheels. Keep a copy of the print out. If the car comes in with wheels that don't look like the picture, I'd make either the dealer or Ford give me a credit so I could buy wheels I like.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:57 PM
ninefooter
1st Gear Member

Looks black to me.
I agree that on the website they look black. I also agree that if they were as black as on the website they'd look better than the ones I posted the pic of on page one. However they are NOT black. I will show a comparison between the standard (not painted) v6 and premium v6.

Standard:

Painted but-not-near-website-rendering-black:

Once again
Standard:

Painted but-not-near-website-rendering-black:

I personally think the unpainted standard version looks better than the current painted version. I also think if the painted version WAS actually black it would look better than both.

Now I'm not saying anyone's wrong in what they should be expecting based on the website, but I just hope you see here on actual 2013 v6 vs 2013 v6 premium the differences so when it doesn't show up black you don't pre-road-rage and smash up someones Camaro.

Cheers
Old 05-24-2012, 01:03 PM
JTN

What made me initially think the 17"s are not black is that the 19" performance package wheels are also not black. Both wheels are shown black on the website but I've seen the PP wheels in person two different times and in two different times of day... they both looked gray and not black.

So I'm expecting gray wheels if I order a V6 Premium with those wheels.

Quick Reply: Pictures of 2013 V6 Premium 17" Wheels?