Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 "Base" Mustang Dashboard Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 09:43 AM
JTN

Originally Posted by KonaStangPete
first part is what the base does, i have the base.
tells ya avg mph, trip od A+B, the fuel econ bar, oil life

the premium adds:
OK, so the base model DOES show mpg info? That is good to know.

At the end of the day I afford one of two Mustangs... I can afford a premium V6 or a base GT. I'd much rather have the GT and if it will show mpg info on it's little odometer screen than that is all I really need. Radios and speakers can be upgraded later but something like a trip computer you are stuck with. And while it would be "cool" to see all the various intake temperatures and dynamic graphs and whatnot it is mostly all fluff in my mind. I'd look at it once then never again.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:33 AM
ninefooter
1st Gear Member

but but but what about pony projection lights!!, SYNC?, power heated leather seats, upgraded audio system which is actually good, ambient lighting, steering wheel controls, dimming mirror, etc. etc.

Man I don't know how you can give all that up and call it fluff but ok. You're basically going from a fast luxury car to a faster empty shell. And (while people make fun of sixers) the v6 is DOHC 305hp and gets insanely good mpg but yea 0-60 in 5.4 is just crap... I guess if you have something to prove at red lights for an empty GT.. again.. ok.

Anyway glad you figured it out. Hope you enjoy it.

Last edited by ninefooter; 05-27-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:06 AM
JTN

I was more or less all set to order a premium V6 when I made the mistake of test driving a used 2012 base GT the dealer had on their lot. While the V6 is good, the GT is a pretty fair leap further down the rabbit hole. Enough of a leap that I'm more than willing to give up all the "silk purse" stuff to have the V8. Plus if anyone read my other thread the wheels on the premium V6 are not to my liking while the base GT wheels are more than acceptable to me. One of the remaining sticking points was if the new 2013 base model had mpg display or not because from what I could tell the used 2012 I test drove did not... or at least I couldn't find how to display it.

And if the new 2013 base model GT comes with a leather steering wheel as I have heard online then that is another step above the base 2012 I test drove as it had this nasty plastic Honda Civic feeling wheel.

The final deciding factor will be if the base 4-way seat can adjust up and down enough to my tastes. The power 6 way on the V6 was able to get down onto the floor where I like my seats but I couldn't figure out how to lower the seat on the used 2012 base GT I test drove so I felt like I was sitting up on a booster chair the whole test drive.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:29 PM
KonaStangPete
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JTN
I was more or less all set to order a premium V6 when I made the mistake of test driving a used 2012 base GT the dealer had on their lot. While the V6 is good, the GT is a pretty fair leap further down the rabbit hole. Enough of a leap that I'm more than willing to give up all the "silk purse" stuff to have the V8. Plus if anyone read my other thread the wheels on the premium V6 are not to my liking while the base GT wheels are more than acceptable to me. One of the remaining sticking points was if the new 2013 base model had mpg display or not because from what I could tell the used 2012 I test drove did not... or at least I couldn't find how to display it.

And if the new 2013 base model GT comes with a leather steering wheel as I have heard online then that is another step above the base 2012 I test drove as it had this nasty plastic Honda Civic feeling wheel.

The final deciding factor will be if the base 4-way seat can adjust up and down enough to my tastes. The power 6 way on the V6 was able to get down onto the floor where I like my seats but I couldn't figure out how to lower the seat on the used 2012 base GT I test drove so I felt like I was sitting up on a booster chair the whole test drive.
test drive another base GT, info button by your left knee cycles thru all the displays
base 4way seat can be lowered by pumping the handle on the left of the seat upward(2 handles, small back one tilts, bigger forward one raises or lowers.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:28 AM
rm2092
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rm2092
Trust me if you can afford the Premium Pkg GET IT if not you will regret it every time you see a Mustsng with that Pkg.
Ive been there before, buy the Prem Pkg and there will be no regrets...
Old 05-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Mayberry40
2nd Gear Member

Am I reading this right.............the premium GT will display oil temp,trans temp ect? I thought those displays only came with the track set up.