Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To Lemon or not to Lemon?

Old 05-26-2012, 02:34 AM
bmore1186

Default To Lemon or not to Lemon?

Ok, so far since I have bought my 2012 GT on March 23rd I've had quite the run with it. I mean I LOVE this car, but I just might of run into one of the bad apples.

Within the first 2 months I've had to get both front control arms replaced. They then forgot to put the bolt back into the sway bar(previous thread). Brakes already squeaking, and somehow the pads are on backorder? I then heard loud thumping going over speed bumps at low speeds...low and behold both struts needed to be replaced. Technician took it for a test drive and was hearing the control arm problem again. So he puts it on the lift and calls me into the maintenance bay. Dun dun dun..left arm is bad again and needs to be replaced.

So obviously I asked to speak to the service manager about some sort of compensation offer before I decide to file this under a lemon, but he is still waiting on an offer/response from Ford Corporate.

I really just want to enjoy my car without having to carefully listen for something that could go wrong with it.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:45 AM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Try a dealer that knows how to fix it right the first time. Did you buy it new or used?
Old 05-26-2012, 05:28 AM
300HorsesAndCounting

agreed, try a different dealer
Old 05-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

I used the Lemon Law once around 1997.
You will have to look it up, I can't remember if they get 3 or 4 attempts to fix it.
The dealer has to try to fix the same issue 3 or 4 times or they just give up.
Document the hell out of everything.
Fords field service reps are better than they used to be. After it it over, I would expect that they offer you a new 2012 as a fair swap for yours.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:22 AM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Just me I would lemon it if I could. I gotta trust a car and after all that, I just wouldnt feel comfortable in the car.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:00 PM
bmore1186

Ya everything so far has been documented. I bought it brand new here in San Diego. From what the service manager they are waiting on a response from Ford Corporate on compensation I guess. Which he was supposed to get back to me about yesterday no matter what the response; if one. Still haven't heard from him after leaving a voicemail early in the day.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bmore1186
Ya everything so far has been documented. I bought it brand new here in San Diego. From what the service manager they are waiting on a response from Ford Corporate on compensation I guess. Which he was supposed to get back to me about yesterday no matter what the response; if one. Still haven't heard from him after leaving a voicemail early in the day.
Lame... but sounds like he's the middle man so be patient. After another business day of no word i'd start getting angry and demanding a brand new 2013 that'd be sweet, but just be patient
Old 05-27-2012, 06:52 PM
SteveDwsn
1st Gear Member

My brother came up with a novel approach that worked. He bought a lemon in the 80s. The dealer kept giving him the runaround and corporate didn't do much better. My brother had a vinyl decal made for the top of his windshield. It read "Pure Citrus." He parked the car on the street across from entrance of the dealersip one Saturday morning. The police told the dealer they couldn't do anything, because the car was parked legally. My brother's issues were straightened out that afternoon.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:09 PM
5.0/420

Bmore1186:

Curious about your situation...Im having similar issues with a 2013 gt. No fix at this time according to Ford.

Thanks.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:38 PM
Greenie

I bought a '93 F-250 diesel new and had plenty of problems right from the start and considered the lemon law...The dealer eventually fixed everything right and the truck has given me 268K miles of virtually trouble free service. I still have it. If you look into lemon law rules you might see that there is a substantial penalty for the miles you have driven it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: To Lemon or not to Lemon?