Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a Camaro driver WASN'T a d***

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 09:02 AM
Peshields
2nd Gear Member

Default a Camaro driver WASN'T a d***

on my way to work today a guy in a Camaro followed me, we messed around a little bit taking off from intersections, then when it came time for our routes to diverge he rolled his window down, complimented my car, alerted me that one of my brake lights was out, then the light turned green and we left!
Old 05-28-2012, 09:03 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Sweet. Nothing like a little camaraderie amongst car fanatics, even IF the other guy likes Chevy.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:23 AM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

What's a little weird is I haven't had any negative interactions with the Camaro and Challenger owners. Seems we all have a little nostalgia in us, and enjoy seeing "the competition" on the road. The Charger guys who are all stuck in auto's seem to be the ones who wanna act up. Those, and the SRT-4 guys.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:53 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

^ word. Everyone has their own brand.. I havent encountered much douchebaggery from other muscle guys.. (except for those ****ty Monte Carlo and Cobalt owners [ss wannabes])

Import guys are the worst.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:11 AM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
^ word. Everyone has their own brand.. I havent encountered much douchebaggery from other muscle guys.. (except for those ****ty Monte Carlo and Cobalt owners [ss wannabes])

Import guys are the worst.
I get a lot of crap from S"R"T-4 guys.

There is a reason the 4 cylinders are Street and Racing Technology, and the v8s are Racing Technology hehe
Old 05-28-2012, 10:49 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
I get a lot of crap from S"R"T-4 guys.

There is a reason the 4 cylinders are Street and Racing Technology, and the v8s are Racing Technology hehe
Don't get too cocky. There are still plenty of 4 bangers that would walk on you in a race. Namley the AWD 4 bangers.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:42 AM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

Exactly. The Subaru's and EVO's can be made to be pretty damned quick.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:41 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

I've never encountered ********* with other brands on the road..Seems every day vehicles are more douches to me now.. Cut off and flicked off a good 5 times in the last month.......

I'll never forget... about 4-5 years ago a new Z06 pulled up to me on the highway doing about 75.... He was a good 60 years old with his gray hair... He waived and hit...My adrenaline was rushing just by watching him.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Shift
2nd Gear Member

You get it from people who are basic Chevy or Dodge fans and DON'T drive a challenger or camaro. My friend's dad and his buddy's always say their Mopar Magnums could outrun any Ford. I also was with my other friend a couple days after he got the new ZL1 and went for a little drive and some guy came up saying "I like that the Chevy is running and the Ford isn't" (We were parked. His car was on and mine off). Then again the drivers can be cool as stated in the thread. Had a camaro guy pull up next to me and gave compliments, asked about power, and kindly asked if I wanted to go from a stop light with him... But as I said yes he stated he was playing around. Cool guy but bummed he wouldnt play
Old 05-28-2012, 01:42 PM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

I have had jerks in all brands try to start stuff, but I have had far more good experiences such as "nice car" or people that wave and acknowledge that we both like musclecars.

Quick Reply: a Camaro driver WASN'T a d***