Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to order a 2013 Mustang from dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 05:42 PM
MustangBoy28
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wayne613
To that end...http://www.showroom.ford.com/FDShowr...nsition=config
Once you've done all the options, it will try to get you to submit it to a dealer, just cancel out when done.
Anyone else go to the Ford Showroom, customize the hell out of a Shelby, Boss or GT and when you get to the last page with the summary just sit and wish and dream $50,000 would miraculously appear in front of them so they can buy that car on their screen?......You do? Good, I thought I was the only one.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:03 PM
JimC

Ordering is easy. I have a 2013 on order right now. After getting my wife's MKZ I asked about a new Mustang and we went over what I wanted using the dealer order guide. He was inputting it to the system configuring as we spoke. After we had gone over the options and price (I get X plan) I said "I've never ordered a car before what do we need to do next when I'm ready to pull the trigger?" He reached up, hit a button on the computer and said "all set, your car is ordered"
Old 05-31-2012, 07:10 AM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Thanks to all for the great help.

Will all dealers give you the same base price based on options ordered or will there be differences at dealerships - i.e., should I shop at 2 or 3? Would I expect to pay MSRP or below? Should I work off of invoice? Thanks again.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:45 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Rogan - Before going into a dealership, get a Ford X-Plan PIN number from a forum member or neighbor that works for Ford. This PIN number will get you the best price as you will only pay a couple hundred dollars over the dealership's invoice. You will also get any rebates that are offered at the time of delivery as well as any special financing rates.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:12 AM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Thank you. I don't know anyone with an x-plan number...Anyone that is willing to help in obtaining? I would certainly express extreme gratitude. PM?
Old 05-31-2012, 10:47 AM
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rogan01
Thanks to all for the great help.

Will all dealers give you the same base price based on options ordered or will there be differences at dealerships - i.e., should I shop at 2 or 3? Would I expect to pay MSRP or below? Should I work off of invoice? Thanks again.
Anyone with money can walk into any dealership and order a car. But not everyone is a smart shopper. The key is DO YOUR RESEARCH!!! You ALWAYS start your haggle from dealer's invoice or below invoice, never from MSRP. Ford incentives have nothing to do with the dealer's invoice so don't let the dealer confuse you with that. Ford incentives is not part the pricing structure. You deduct the incentives AFTER you have struck a deal. Shop at 2 or 3 dealers with the exact same options (same MSRP/invoice) and see who give you the best deal. Be patient and learn during your quest for the best deal.

I have done this kind of buying for the last 20 years. Good luck!

Last edited by flash gordon; 05-31-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:53 AM
JimC

Go to edmunds.com and build the car and they will tell you what others are paying in your area. That will give you a target for what you should be able to buy the Mustang for.

Or, join Mustang Club of America (mustang.org) and as a member you can get an X plan pin to buy your new car. I think a membership is something like $50 a year. I get X plan through work as a supplier and the price was just a little over invoice, no haggle other than a trade in value to agree upon.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:33 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Goldenpony
Be ready for them to push "add ons" like extended warranty, "Protection Packages" like Scotchguard, paint sealant and the like. Use your own good sense, but I say a big NO to these.
That is the finance guys job ... and will not happen until delivery ...

When you order car you just tell the sales guy what you want (I brought a printout from ford.com configurator with me) .. He then has the ordering guy put it into the order system. My dealer did a screen print of the order listing colors, options, etc that I had to sign before he pressed the submit key.

Give dealer a $500 deposit (that is what mine wanted) ... and then wait 8 to 10 weeks for the car. Once car is in you go through all the typical buying a car BS and paperwork.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:53 PM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
Go to edmunds.com and build the car and they will tell you what others are paying in your area. That will give you a target for what you should be able to buy the Mustang for.

Or, join Mustang Club of America (mustang.org) and as a member you can get an X plan pin to buy your new car. I think a membership is something like $50 a year. I get X plan through work as a supplier and the price was just a little over invoice, no haggle other than a trade in value to agree upon.
I will join them today - money well spent. Thank you!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:21 PM
Mayberry40
2nd Gear Member

If you are looking for a 12 GT try http://autotrader.com
Shop around! I live in Ohio and wanted a new 08 GT/CS. They were selling good in Ohio so the dealers didnt deal much. I went on auto trader and found exactly what I wanted in North Carolina. I settled everything by phone, rented a one way car, then me and the wife drove to North Carolina and saved about $5000 over the cost of the exact GT/CS that Ohio dealers had!!!! The GT/CS's werent selling hot there.

Last edited by Mayberry40; 05-31-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Quick Reply: How to order a 2013 Mustang from dealer?