Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doesn't it just make your day when someone compliments your ride?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I get more of a kick out of my kids noticing other peoples comments and looks.

I would have to say the one that did make me smile was when my neighbor who is a diehard Chevy fan (owns an 07 vette currently) came over a few days after I got my car and asked me to pull it out of the garage so he could take some pictures of it because he liked it so much
Old 06-17-2012, 10:32 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

I thought I'd revive this thread from page 3 as I have something funny that happened yesterday.

My mom, girlfriend and I drove down from Tampa to Bradenton/Sarasota area to see some relatives who flew in because they won a week's stay at a very nice condo (and I mean very nice) down in Anna Maria Island. My mom owns a white 2007 C6 Corvette and was spending the night and I and the girlfriend unfortunately could not so I drove my Mustang (and the corvette seats two, duh).

We had to stop on the mainland at Publix for my mom to use the restroom and we both parked side by side far out from the shopping center. An older couple (I mean like late 50s or early 60s) popped out of nowhere and started walking around both of our cars. At first I didn't notice but my gf brought it to my attention. They were both grinning from ear to ear walking around and checking out both cars and pointing at different features (both cars freshly washed). My windows have 15% all the way around so they couldn't see me from the side if they tried, but then walked around the front. When they did so, we both smiled and waved and they might have noticed us, but to be honest, I think they were oblivious haha. My gf told me that she felt awkward. To which I replied "So, do you like this kind of attention?". She answered that she didn't know but was glad that I didn't drive a boring, drab 4 door haha.

Later, upon crossing over the bridge and arriving onto the island, there were 2 boys probably from 7-10 who were both staring and leaning out of the truck window to get a glimpse of the mustang and corvette at the street corner.

It made me happy to have my hard work noticed and I can't ever imagine never owning a Mustang or at least some sort of sport coupe.

I love my car.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:39 AM
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

I'm not usually a person that tries to be the center of attention but yes, I do love the attention this car gets!

Just since buying the car last year:

- A very cute girl waved at me while I was driving home from work

- A kid at a gas station in his parent's car clambered across to the other side of the car to open the door and say "Nice car mister!"

- Some random dude on the sidewalk said he liked my car while I was at a red light

- A guy at a gas station was checking it out, his wife said she loved the color, and he was telling me how much he liked it and how getting it with a stick was "the only way to get it."

- Just last night, I was driving through a shopping plaza with my windows open and a little girl shouted "You have a nice car!" as I was driving by!

What frustrates me is I'll see guys in nice looking Mustangs and just try to make eye contact to give a thumbs up, and they're oblivious. I just saw a guy in a nice looking SN95 Cobra a few weeks ago, and when I went past him he didn't even look over. I dunno. When I had my Fox I would get a wave from anyone else I saw in a Fox, in this thing nobody in a Mustang waves or anything.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:05 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ghunt
I'm not usually a person that tries to be the center of attention but yes, I do love the attention this car gets!

Just since buying the car last year:

- A very cute girl waved at me while I was driving home from work

- A kid at a gas station in his parent's car clambered across to the other side of the car to open the door and say "Nice car mister!"

- Some random dude on the sidewalk said he liked my car while I was at a red light

- A guy at a gas station was checking it out, his wife said she loved the color, and he was telling me how much he liked it and how getting it with a stick was "the only way to get it."

- Just last night, I was driving through a shopping plaza with my windows open and a little girl shouted "You have a nice car!" as I was driving by!

What frustrates me is I'll see guys in nice looking Mustangs and just try to make eye contact to give a thumbs up, and they're oblivious. I just saw a guy in a nice looking SN95 Cobra a few weeks ago, and when I went past him he didn't even look over. I dunno. When I had my Fox I would get a wave from anyone else I saw in a Fox, in this thing nobody in a Mustang waves or anything.
That first sentence describes me completely. I don't like being the center of attention, but when I work hard at keeping my car clean and tastefully modified, I love the attention haha.

As far as mustang waves, yea, there are some douchers out there who are completely oblivious, but a lot more actually wave back. There's a few modified GTs around the Orlando area where I go to school and we always wave to eachother. It's the stock V6s and even stock V8s that are always oblivious and just bought the car because of it's lines. There aren't too many car enthusiasts out there compared to the mass population, so a wave from an unmodified stang is completely outside of the norm.

Let's get one thing straight, we're not driving Corvettes here that are typically fair weather, weekend only cars for performance enthusiasts. Most mustangs are daily driven and have a WIDE consumer market with most interested more in mpgs and looks than 1/4 mile times and g's pulled on a skidpad haha
Old 06-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Wade, what hood is that? I like it a lot!
Old 06-17-2012, 12:18 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

I have to admit I like the attention and when complete strangers compliment my car. My wife not so much shes a bit paranoid though just yesterday she was with me in the car and a guy was staring. She was like whats his problem that A** hole is staring at us. I just laughed and told her its not us hes staring at its the car. one thing is for sure if you dont want to stand out in a croud dont drive a Mustang.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:28 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

I have to admit I like the attention and when complete strangers compliment my car. My wife not so much shes a bit paranoid though just yesterday she was with me in the car and a guy was staring. She was like whats his problem that A** hole is staring at us. I just laughed and told her its not us hes staring at its the car. one thing is for sure if you dont want to stand out in a croud dont drive a Mustang.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:33 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

When i first drove my Stang around, i received a few waves and waved back. Then i started doing the Initial waving, but with no response. So now if im approaching another Mustang, i will look to see if the driver gives the "Wave", but i decided not to initiate it. Got tired of looking like a herb, lol..
Old 06-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Avery0001
1st Gear Member

It's a lot of fun when you get complimented on your car. When I pull up in school I always see kids turn there heads around when I try to find a place to park. Also people at the drive through always seem to like it. Me and my friend went through the Mcdonalds drive through at like 12:30 at night I pulled up to pay and the girl at the window was like "woah nice car" I said thanks. She said I like imports better though and I was like ok whatever floats your boat. Also a while back I was with my cousin driving and a car full of girls passed by and yelled MUSTANG that was a lot of fun.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Freakin bone stock on the outside and an entire group of guys complimented my car in a parking lot, then some girls went gaga over the audio system.

Now I need to go place that AM order.

Quick Reply: Doesn't it just make your day when someone compliments your ride?