Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$2500 rebates on 13 GT's????

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 11:18 AM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

Default $2500 rebates on 13 GT's????

Was wondering, Does anyone know how long it takes till ford starts offering the $2500 rebate. I see they just bumped it up to $1000 now. Do they usually only do it right as the new year model comes out or do they start to offer it when it gets close to winter since its a summer style car and less sales. I wanna dump this POS WRX I own for another GT but I wanna wait till they are offering the rebates. I really wanted to get a 12 cause they have a $3000 on them now and alot of working room on the numbers but there are none that fit what i want they can trade for.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

I bought my 2012 in dec 2011 @ 1500 rebate. I think it was Feb'ish to March when they upped it to 2500 or 3k.

typically a couple of months before the next year model is coming - but, if the 2014 is very similar to the 2013, I wouldn't expect super deep cuts.

funny - I sold my 2011 wrx for my stang too.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:47 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

I made a stupid move and traded my 10 GT in for this car. Loved my 10 and miss it and hate this car. now I cant wait to get rid of it.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

Don't let the thought of a future rebate dictate what you do. If you want to make a change and hate what you are in right now, then make the change.

Rebates are more influenced by supply and demand than time of year or year end clearences.

As a retail Operations Manager of an Infiniti dealership I can tell you that the big rebates will be on the models that they have the largest days supply on. The number is never a set number, and it mainly depends on how many units that they have in the manufacturing pipeline vs. how many are on the ground vs. how many they want to move in a given time frame.

You can out think your self while waiting for the magical super rebate. If you want the car, take the plunge!
Old 07-02-2012, 01:10 PM
OneLargeToe
1st Gear Member

What is your dislike of the WRX? I had an 04 a few years back and really liked it.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:51 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by OneLargeToe
What is your dislike of the WRX? I had an 04 a few years back and really liked it.
just about everything. its a cheap Piece of Junk that is over priced. a $27,000+ performance car geared for rally style and a turbo motor. Cast pistons, front and rear open diffs, motor is like a glass house with its ringlands. Everytime I get on it some i think its gonna blow, it has No bllas, subaru warranty for the WRX/STi is a joke and fight you from horror stories I read. Clutch is one of the worst I have ever driven. NO feedback of any sort with engagement, paint quality is poor, front bumper might as well be made of paper for how thin it is and how easy they break. I feel like a tool driving it its a early 20yr old punk type car with his hat sideways thinking he is cool drinking his energy drink. **** poor MPG for a 4cyl car. Other then the seats I think the interior is pure garbage and cheap as dirt. I just WISH subaru actually made more then 1 a month so dealers would actually have one in stock to look at and drive. There was ZERO within a 100miles of me when i was buying it to even drive or see what its like. I had to make my deal a month before this car ever hit the dealer or they sold them. HUGE HUGE mistake as this is my first and last subaru i will ever own.

I hate the car but I have no issue waiting another 4months or so to get a better deal. When the demand settles down some for new style and comes closer to off season for sales of this car to work a better deal. I could have jumped on one last month but not willing to spend more for a car to have it NOW vs wait a little longer and get it for a better deal. Ford actually produces these cars so they are easy to come by unlike this Crapper I bought I had no option but to jump the gun.

Last edited by 05xrunner; 07-02-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

one of the things I hated the most about my WRX was how slowly the rpms dropped for shifting. can't really just bang through the gears! damn turbo setup.

I did full exhaust (including downpipe), intake and a tune - car was making around 300whp and 330tq. it was fun, but I hated having absolutely no go below 3300 rpms. I felt like I had to beat the **** out of the motor to get it to go anywhere. I did not trust the transmission at all - I wanted to do a turbo swap, but I feared I would blow the trans. the 5 speed the wrx has is just not very robust compared to the sti 6 speed.

I think I would have been happier with an STi or an Evo, but I wanted my v8 back : )

I hear you on the typical wrx driver though .. especially here in the pacific northwest where subarus are extremely popular. everytime I ran into another WRX or STi owner on the road they felt like they had to prove something and always wanted to race. never just a friendly wave or anything. I didn't want to be associated with that crowd either.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:13 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

yea thats another thing..I feel like i am Driving a corolla till about 3500rpm till turbo kicks in but then the factory tune is so awful that around 5grand it falls flat on its face. I am not putting a tune on it for my fear of the warranty and fear of the motor going poof. all i did to it was get a Nameless axle back and that was it. I originally ordered a STi but glad I didnt buy it..i woulda been even more upset with same piece of junk that cost more money. Tranny might be better but its the same junky weak motor.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

I'm not sure I'd call the motor weak - sure, there were a handful of ringland failures, but there's been a handful of cyl #8 failures on the 5.0 coyote, too.

I know plenty of STi owners pushing 400awhp on a stock block motor. the thing that I find appealing is that the lil 2.5L is pretty inexpensive to replace if **** hit the fan. you could probably replace your engine 3-4x before you could replace your coyote once.

that is what is holding me back from tuning my coyote. I really want to, though. not sure I can resist.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:51 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

i doubt it..you can get the 5.0 fully assembled off ford racing for around $7000. Other thing is the Mustang atleast HAS power and doesnt feel like your driving something that is lethargic that NEEDS to be tuned to get anything out of it.
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=11829
the Subaru motor is NOT cheap. Plus that whole #8 thing was identified i thought and Bama warranties for that issue anyway. so your covered if you have a problem and use bama tunes. there is NO tuner for the Subaru motor backing their tunes incase of ringland failure. So i would feel perfectly happy tuning my GT over this WRX cause i know its backed by the tuner there wont be a #8 issue and if there is they cover it.
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/musta...nty-2011gt.pdf