Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Made the switch from 12 GT to 13 GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 02:42 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by BlueBellThunder
Why are knocking what the kid did, I said it before and I'll say it again most people would have done the same the he did. If the dealer doesn't fully inspect the car car for any problems it's their fault not the kid's fault. If you buy a used car from a dealer are you going to look to the previous owner to make it right?
No most people wouldn't have done what he did. He thought he broke his car at the track and rather than pay for it himself, he traded the car in and didn't say anything about it.

99% of people won't say if there is a problem with their car when trading it in... however..... Most people would have just fixed it if something broke at the track.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:19 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

What you did was selflish. Part of being a man is being accountable for everything you do. You're doing a lot right in your life and for that you are to be commended, but this was not the right thing to do in that someone who buys that car later may end up with problems because of your mistake.

It's up to you whether you are going to do anything about this and come clean with the dealer, etc... but I would hope at the least that you look at what you did and how it may impact someone later who is an innocent victim of your mistake and try to not do this in the future.

We all know modding a car is a dangerous game and if done improperly can have significant or even dire consequences. But if a warranty is a big concern of yours, you should only modify your vehicle properly and within the boundaries that will not void the warranty. Otherwise, don't mod at all.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:52 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

I once heard buying a used car was just buying someone else's problems...
Old 07-07-2012, 09:46 PM
DSargent09
2nd Gear Member

Y'all are some real dusche bags. I will say it again. Nothing was wrong with the car I was just paranoid, and peace of mind is a valuable thing. I did not make this thread to have my decisions evaluated. So stfu. Champion Ford knows who I am, and I am very confident that the car is COMPLETELY FINE.

I was paranoid 2 months after the fact. I was just uncomfortable. I datalogged it, and registered knock and unknowingly thought there wasn't supposed to be any.

I sought advise on another forum

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showt...t=86535&page=2

and didn't receive any valuable advise until I was already signing papers.

As far as I'm concerned all you people who are believing I ****ed a dealership can go screw yourself. I was completely honest with every question I was asked. That car is fine in all honesty if the advise about the data log that had me mind ****ed would have came in sooner I would still be in a 2012.

Flame away. I will keep an eye on the vin number, and honestly make an attempt to meet the new owner to show you all the car will be fine for many miles. A friend of mine is actually waiting on it to hit the used lot to try an make an attempt to purchase. Oh and yes he was recording the night it happened. I just freaked out like every other owner has at one point.

I too am all for taking this thread in another direction. The difference between the two??

I had 3.31s in the first one... 3.73s in this one. The shorter gears can be annoying for short trips, but when being aggressive with the car it is awesome. I love how fast you wrap out first second and third.

The steering wheel is amazing. I was considering upgrading the first one, and let me tell you I LOVE THIS WHEEL its awesome. I dont use the buttons much, but the feel is sweet.

The hid's are beautiful. Way better than the headlights on the 12, although I liked the face of the 12 better... it looked more aggressive.

I think the hood vents are sweet looking, and also I LOVE THE NEW AS$!!

Overall I would say I wouldnt make the switch if I would have known my warranty, and data log was fine. Knowing now it was I somewhat wish I could go back.

I hate the fact that it was completely fine, and I left my pride and joy go. If anyone would like to see the 10 data logs I did on it prior to trading in send me your e mail.

I thought it you logged .1 or anything on knock it was bad. Now I know its normal.

Im not saying I did right, and by all means you all are entitled to an opinion. I would do it again tomorrow and not feel once grain of guilt. Even if it blew up I wouldn't give a ****. Dealerships are the scum of the earth and I am a firm believer in that.

Lets carry on, tell me how bad I am. Its exciting. Or we can move on from this and turn this into a useful thread for people thinking about making the switch. That was my intention.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:48 PM
DSargent09
2nd Gear Member

This was the advice I was looking for and if it would have been a day earlier I would still be in a race red mustang.

"Since no one has said it yet, I logged my car when stock, on 93 octane.

It had timing being pulled by the knock sensors all over the place. You're fine."
Old 07-07-2012, 10:27 PM
MiniD

Originally Posted by DSargent09
This was the advice I was looking for and if it would have been a day earlier I would still be in a race red mustang.

"Since no one has said it yet, I logged my car when stock, on 93 octane.

It had timing being pulled by the knock sensors all over the place. You're fine."
You posted after the fact, so you weren't looking for "advice". This is not absolution. You thought you might have a broken car and no waranty. You got rid of it and may not have told the dealer your concerns. The cause not being serious doesn't make that any less slimey.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:27 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Congratulations, thread locked.