Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trade my '10 M90'd GT in for a 2013 GT?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 11:32 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Time to start looking out of state!

Originally Posted by wcgman
I wish I were a millionaire! lol. You pretty much hit this one on the nose. I went look for a GT500 and because of the ridiculous nature of how they are pricing in Denver it left me disillusioned. My wife said what you did and that a GT500 at regular pricing isnt out of the question.

As for the car, I really do like it and I think it's a major case of new-car-itis.

Yesterday I took her out in my 10 and invented a new game. She's a little shorter and has to lean forward to touch the AC vents, so whenever she reached, I'd goose the throttle and knock her back in her seat so she couldnt reach it. It honestly was the most fun I've had in it since our last big road trip...

So for now, I'm keeping it. If the prices in Denver drop, then it may go. As for the trade in if that time comes, I'm not worried about getting a good price. The dealers in Denver at least have been good to me in that respect. They've discovered that they can make good money on a well modified and maintained car and are willing to pay for it often.

I really appreciate your input guys! Earl
Old 07-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Rolling13
2nd Gear Member

They can't void your warranty over a CAI but they can give you a whole lot of trouble.(No Tunes!) Most dealers won't. I went over this with my dealer before I ordered one. Not sure about the Ford Racing Tune.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:48 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
Time to start looking out of state!
You know it
Old 07-08-2012, 06:06 PM
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Go for the GIG 5.0. I wish I could be in your position. If you were to upgrade to the Boss...
Old 07-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

I wish I were a millionaire! lol. You pretty much hit this one on the nose. I went look for a GT500 and because of the ridiculous nature of how they are pricing in Denver it left me disillusioned. My wife said what you did and that a GT500 at regular pricing isnt out of the question.

As for the car, I really do like it and I think it's a major case of new-car-itis.

Yesterday I took her out in my 10 and invented a new game. She's a little shorter and has to lean forward to touch the AC vents, so whenever she reached, I'd goose the throttle and knock her back in her seat so she couldnt reach it. It honestly was the most fun I've had in it since our last big road trip...

So for now, I'm keeping it. If the prices in Denver drop, then it may go. As for the trade in if that time comes, I'm not worried about getting a good price. The dealers in Denver at least have been good to me in that respect. They've discovered that they can make good money on a well modified and maintained car and are willing to pay for it often.

I really appreciate your input guys! Earl
Holy Sh**********t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $97,000! Crazy! I didn't think it was that bad.

I agree, you should definately go out of state to see if you can find one whithin your budget. It would be worth it! Or if you have the patience, wait til the 2014s hit the lots and those prices will drop. But then again, that'll be the 50th anniversary edition so it would be good to see if Ford throws in a nice little treat on those. But then that would mean you'd have to wait another year until the 2015s hit the lots :P. Good luck hunting for that GT500!

I actually like to mess around with my girlfriend like that lol. She's 4'11" tall, sometimes she'll take her shoes off in the car and when she reaches down to put them back on I'll stomp on the gas to throw her back and then I'll stomp on the brakes to throw her up front . I'll stop once I take a hit on the arm.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

HAHA! What happened to no mods?
Well I had to do SOMETHING to it, lol.

I would think if you tried again in about December or so when those cars are bound to sit on their lots for MONTHS in our climate, that you might have a better chance of getting one for MSRP.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:06 PM
MiniD

Originally Posted by Entaille
on that same token a ton of performance cars were modded and demodded prior to trading in - and only the most observant of car peoples and mechanics would notice the little things left behind. I'd know - I've returned three cars to stock when selling/trading in, and I meticulously maintain them, ahead of schedule, and I don't really beat up my cars very badly.
Any car that is being traded in after 2 years is a risk unless you know the owner's intentions. There's those that simply love warantees and get rid of a car before the warantee exires. There are also those that simply hate the car for some reason or another. That's an entirely different ball of wax.

The "over $10k in mods" is a red flag if they're still on the car. With the dealer I bought my GT from, I traded in my CTS-V and had to fill out a questionare on what mods I'd done to it and sign it. I would not advise anyone to lie in that type of situation, no matter how meticulously you maintained the car.

you never really know how well maintained the vehicle was either. good luck finding that small % of owners that maintained the car, didn't push it terribly hard very often, and didn't mod it.
I completely agree. That, in and of itself, is an inherant risk. "Tons of mods" means more risk.

I would just assume the risk is always there when buying used. if you can't stomach the idea, then buy new.
Once again, I completely agree. This isn't about what I'm buying. It's about what sends up major alarms when someone is buying a used car. "Tons of performance mods" seldomely increases the value of the car to anyone other than the person that upgraded it. It also hampers the potential resale.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Mr2013GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kenthicken
I would make absolutely sure of this before buying the '13. There are several posts regarding a memo sent six months ago to all Ford dealerships about voiding the engine / drivetrain warranty over things like reflashed PCMs, headers, CAI's, etc.

If you're not worried about voiding the drivetrain warranty with mods, then definitely go ***** out... but don't cry when your new '13 with the flashed PCM and $6,000 worth of engine damage is denied warranty work by Ford.

Gotta pay to play.
It would be quite ridiculous for Ford to try and pull that one. I like the stock shorty headers, they breathe enough for me, but that being said, I'd definately go with a Borla ATAK cat-back, my father and I agree that THAT is how these 5.0's are supposed to sound, lol, and I can't think of any possible way that such an exhaust would lead to part failure of any sort, thus voiding a warranty. It would still have the stock headers and cats, no tuning, no air filter replacement etc...it would just free up some extra horsepower and torque that was restricted by the stock exhaust.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:49 PM
darksky1984
2nd Gear Member

$97K is a crazy number. the $67K is a fully loaded GT500 from Ford. I don't know where they are getting this $30K in upgrades from. They will be sitting on that car forever at that price.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:06 AM
MiniD

That's not upgrades, it's "market adjust" which is simply a number that the dealer puts in there because they can. I must say $30,000 looks optimistic.

Quick Reply: Trade my '10 M90'd GT in for a 2013 GT?