Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great weekend at the track! NMRA Super Bowl Champ!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 04:33 PM
beefcake
1st Gear Member

Default Great weekend at the track! NMRA Super Bowl Champ!

Had an amazing weekend in Joliet last weekend!

After struggling the first 3 races of the season, and not going a round this year, then having brake issues up through the 2nd round of qualifying, and only having one round left to try to figure the car out, We (me, my family,
my team, my sponsors) took home a National Event Win!

I couldn't get a good burnout, and the car was pushing through the beams every time I tried to stage it because we didn't have enough vacuum, and a leak could not be found and the car had no brakes at idle. I cannot thank Brian from Finish Line Performance enough. He found a "work around" for the brake issue on the car. He gave me a system to get the car to do a burnout, to stage the car, and launch the car, and it worked!

It was awesome to have my family at the race, My wife brought Dakota (11) to see me at a national event when she was 13 months old, that was March 2002! Adrienne (8) has never been to a national event. To get a win with them there felt great!

In addition to taking home the win in the NMRA Roush Super Stang Class, and 3 days of tough racing, I was able to take my class win in the NMRA/NMCA Superbowl of Street Legal Drag Racing. For those that don't know, it is when the class winners from the series I run in, The NMRA, race the winners from our sister series, the NMCA! Whichever series takes the most wins, that series gets a super bowl ring! We won 6-5! I was very glad to do my part running a 9.69 on a 9.69 dial in!

Other than being a series champion, the Super Bowl ring to me is the most coveted prize to be had in the Series!

The car has been constantly evolving over the last 2 years, constantly going quicker and quicker, as quick as 9.27@151 in the heat at Milan last month. We dialed the car down a tad for this race to try to go after some round wins!

I cannot thank those that have been involved in the program enough. Brian from Finish Line performance, he does all the grunt work on the car and keeps everything running smooth, and helps me keep a cool head in the lanes. Jon Lund and Ken Bjonnes from Lund Racing for keeping the car tuned to it's potential, even in it's constantly evolving state. B.E.S. Racing Engines for the killer short block that has been taking a beating for a year and a half. Justin Burcham from JPC Racing for the killer heads and cams that top off the short block. Also JPC for the killer fuel system they put together for these cars! David Zimmerman from Team Z and Strange Engineering for the killer suspension that gets the car down the track straight! Vortech Superchargers for the big huffer hangin on the front of the engine, Exedy racing and Circle D Converter / Trans for the great trans / converter combo, Stainless Works exhaust that helps the big engine breathe, and Race Star Industries for some great wheels that put all that power down!

A big shout out to my sponsors as well that without their contribution, would make it tough to make it to the events. Stainless Works Exhaust, Dynojet Racing, and Evolution Performance!

A big thanks to Lund Racing who stepped up mid season with a sponsorship package and stood behind me, even without a round win. That means a lot to stand behind someone, even when the chips are down.

Also another shout out to Dynojet for increasing their package mid season as well and having faith too! I cannot thank everyone enough! TJ from GCI for hooking up the great graphics on the car as well. If i missed anyone, I apologize. I'm still on cloud nine right now!!!

Old 07-21-2012, 07:18 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Beefcake, its an amazing accomplishment. Talk about never giving up. Congrats on a well deserved win.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:42 AM
beefcake
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Beefcake, its an amazing accomplishment. Talk about never giving up. Congrats on a well deserved win.
thanks!