Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebuilding my gt

Old 07-29-2012, 08:40 PM
RichieCal
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BleedinBlue
I don't know if all states require proof of insurance to get a car registered. Even if proof is required though, it's an easy system to beat. Pay for one month's insurance, get plates then stop paying insurance...or if you are a true deviant print up a fake insurance card. Then wreck, cause property damage to other's property, don't have insurance or the money to cover the other person's property. It's done all the time.
Wow..if there's a state that doesn't require proof of insurance to get your car registered that sure is a state that I don't wanna live in!..Also in NY if your insurance is cancelled by you or the ins company,motor vehicles is notified immediately and you must turn in your plates...I guess he did what you said (paid for one month, then stopped paying) and then didn't turn in the plates
Old 07-30-2012, 08:07 AM
knightryder
1st Gear Member

New Hampshire is one of a few states that don't require auto insurance. About a month ago I investigated an accident that occurred in my patrol area. A typical rear ender except in this case the person that rear ended the car in front was from NH and didn't have any insurance. That really sucks for the other person as he'll have to pay the deductable even though the accident wasn't his fault.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:03 AM
RichieCal
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by knightryder
New Hampshire is one of a few states that don't require auto insurance. About a month ago I investigated an accident that occurred in my patrol area. A typical rear ender except in this case the person that rear ended the car in front was from NH and didn't have any insurance. That really sucks for the other person as he'll have to pay the deductable even though the accident wasn't his fault.
Guess I won't be driving through New Hampshire anytime soon LOL..Also I forgot to mention in my last post in NY if u don't turn in your plates when ur insurance is cancelled Motor Vehicles will suspend your license. So there are consequences for not turning in the plates...well at least in NY there are.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:53 PM
darkstang69
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by loots06
Where are you located? I may have some of those parts you need. I wouldnt waste time on repairing the fenders just get new/used ones. I'm sure you could find a hood locally. Keep an eye CL and +1000 on s197forums.

Doing it yourself would save you a bunch or money, simple hands tools and you'll be fine. If you get stuck on something look up some of the DIY treads, check YouTube or ask for help on the forum.
Im in el paso tx, I used to live in anaheim california so I still have Ca plates, the insurance told me that I couldnt get covered by them because I live in texas with Ca plates, I think Ill go with e-surance They dont really care
Old 07-30-2012, 02:11 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

sorry to see your mustang all beat to poo darkstang, i hope
you find all the parts you need and as cheap as possible.