Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To Keep Modding...or to Prepare to Trade?

Old 08-06-2012, 09:33 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

I would trade in for the 5.0, a safe Steeda tune/CAI, O/R exhaust and 3.73 rear gear will have you in the 12.3 to 12.6 1/4 mile times all day, depending on the weather. It doesn't take much to make the 5.0 fast, the 4.6 3V requires a lot more work/money to achieve the same times.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:37 PM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BleedinBlue
Nope...my work car is my DD, the Mustang is mostly a garage decoration. We're talking a hundred miles a month, with a little more in the summer and much less in the winter.
Then you have a no brainier my friend. Keep the car and mod the hell out of it. I'm getting married next month and went back and fourth with buying myself a new Mustang. At the end of the day, my car is also a "garage decoration" that I own, and is still BRANG SPANKING NEW. Look at it this way to, with the way our economy is currently, you have yourself one he'll of a "garage decoration" that most people would kill to have, you're already ahead of the 8 Ball.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:41 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gothamems
Then you have a no brainier my friend. Keep the car and mod the hell out of it. I'm getting married next month and went back and fourth with buying myself a new Mustang. At the end of the day, my car is also a "garage decoration" that I own, and is still BRANG SPANKING NEW. Look at it this way to, with the way our economy is currently, you have yourself one he'll of a "garage decoration" that most people would kill to have, you're already ahead of the 8 Ball.
+1 for sure

How the hell do you guys look at the car in get in your DD? I tried that years ago. I bought a $1500 Nissan and it lasted about 3 weeks, lol.

When you're older/retired buy the big dog.

My choice when I get older and the kids are gone; Z06
Old 08-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Warpig12354
3rd Gear Member

I couldn't stand getting in a beater every morning and leaving my stang behind, I love driving it!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:13 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

I tell you what, since you have such an issue with getting married and the car, I will service your wife and you service the car. In a year when we are both done, I will check out your mods and let you know if I want to trade back?

Seriously, keep the car, pay it off, mod the **** out of it. Get the blower. I am telling YOU and anyone whos listening... once the blower is on, you will NEVER trade your stang for another one unless it also has a blower already.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:50 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

You're right, I know you're right. I have to keep telling myself how little I drive the car, then repeat that every time I see a coyote, lol.

Originally Posted by 99gtstang
+1 for sure

How the hell do you guys look at the car in get in your DD? I tried that years ago. I bought a $1500 Nissan and it lasted about 3 weeks, lol.

When you're older/retired buy the big dog.

My choice when I get older and the kids are gone; Z06
To and from work I don't have a choice, but in my off time when the weather is nice I have been leaving the company car at home much more.

Bad thing is my fiance' can't drive a stick, so if she and I go out we almost always take her car so that either of us can drive if one of us has a drink too many.

That was part of my reasoning with buying new, I'd get an automatic (Better for the track anyway, I suck at racing)

Originally Posted by xkape
I tell you what, since you have such an issue with getting married and the car, I will service your wife and you service the car. In a year when we are both done, I will check out your mods and let you know if I want to trade back?

Seriously, keep the car, pay it off, mod the **** out of it. Get the blower. I am telling YOU and anyone whos listening... once the blower is on, you will NEVER trade your stang for another one unless it also has a blower already.
LOL

You guys just about have me talked back in to keeping this car.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:03 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

It simply comes down to what body style u like the best. So it's easy for me. I have had my 07 paid off for 3 years and I've been modding it since. I'm in the process of getting a B302 stuck in her this winter.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

I still have my 01 Cobra and have been modding the hell out of it. Fully forged completely custom built motor, eaton swapped, T-56 swapped, DSS level 5 half shafts etc. Ive spent a grip on this and its value isnt nearly what I spent.

Im going to be selling it soon as I will be changing jobs and not be 5 minutes from the race track anymore. So doubt I will get to race anymore and sure could use all that money to invest in some home improvement projects.

Seems as life goes forward we change our priorities. Have fun and enjoy whichever choice you make but nothing is permenant. Sure it may take years to be able to change but enjoying your car, which ever you choose, is what makes it worth paying payments and mods etc.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:43 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I seriously believe you should stick with the car you have too and mod it. I only traded because duh...its a GT500.

Heck, just imagine the things you can do it you keep it? The modding bug will always be there...swapping to a 5.0 wont change that.

I regretted trading my 06 for a 10, but havent had a second thought about my 10 since trading it for the 07 Shelby.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:04 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Then you have a no brainier my friend. Keep the car and mod the hell out of it.
WORD!

Originally Posted by 99gtstang
So, the payment is the same, but the debt itself is not.
If I had a company vehicle, it would be a priority to have a paid off car...best of both worlds imo, and the kicker is you get to mod the sh(t out of yours along the way!!!
Sounds like heaven to me bro

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: To Keep Modding...or to Prepare to Trade?