Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012-2013 Mustang Forums Fantasy Football League Sign-Up

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 09:47 AM
McDirty
1st Gear Member

Unless it is unanimously agreed to I don't think any rules should change after the draft and certainly not after any games have been played. I understand*something might accidentaly get overlooked when setting the league up or something unprecedented happens.

- Question 1: All division winners get in to this years playoffs or just the best overall teams?
Since divisions were used I think division winners should be in.

- Question 2: First tiebreaker is total points for followed by our head to head record (if the teams played)?
I like total points as a tiebreaker.

- Question 3: Alter the season next year so that you play divisional opponents twice and then non-divisional opponents once, at random, or leave it random as is?
I prefer all random matchups. If anyone quits especially in a four person division that has the potential to be an unfair advantage/disadvantage. Forgetting to set a lineup one week is different than someone playing a roster with lousy autodraft players or players on IR or byes every week.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:49 AM
xkape
4th Gear Member

For ideas for next year... I play in 2 other leagues... both are 12 team leagues. In one league, only the top 4 make the playoffs. 5-8 play for the 1st - 4th pick in next years draft. 9-12 get nothing. (its a 4 player keeper league thoguh)

In my other league, we are split into two 6 team divisions. The winner of each division gets an auto in and a 1st round bye. The next best four, regardless of division, are in as wildcards. They square off and the winner takes on the 2 division champs.. and so forth to the end.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

My bad about the 16 team playoff thing. Anyway, I still think head-to-head record should be above points for as far as the tie breaker.

Team A has 1500 points for.
Team B has 1600 points for.

Team A beat Team B in Week 6.

So team A has the better record against team B, but the way you guys have made it out (and the way the rules are) team B will win the tie breaker. Just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by emin
Thanks for clearing that up. Just doesn't make logical sense to me how Erick can have a lower score and make it into playoffs (no offense). Especially since the division process is random.

Either way, good luck to you this week. Its a shame I lost gronk and mccoy this time of the season though :\
Gronk was a big hit for you and I'm kinda glad lol. Though I am down 2 receivers. I picked up 4 off the waiver just not sure who I want to start. I really hope this isn't as close a match as ESPN predictions is making it out to be! I hate the nail biters.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:14 AM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Gronk is huge.. In my 1 league I was 10-1.. Gronk got hurt, now I am 10-3. The 10-20 points a week out of the TE position, being replaced by a 3-6 point guy sucks.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:12 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

Okay, so the votes I received were as follows:

Question 1:

Division Winners in Automatically = 6
Highest Record = 3

Question 2:

Points For = 6
Head-to-Head = 2

Question 3:

Random = 1
Divisional = 7

So, taking this into account, we will adjust next season accordingly, but I'll leave more time for others to vote on that in the off-season. For now, the pressing issue is playoffs this year.

I looked back, and the lower division did play their divisional opponents twice. So, divisions were relevant in that league. Therefore, we will do the following:

- Division winners get the 1-4 seeds. The remaining two wildcard spots go to the 8-5 teams with the highest points for for the season.

I'm pretty sure this is how the playoff bracket and seedings are already set up so there shouldn't be any changes but I will double check. It leaves out one 8-5 team, but the divisions were relevant for this league, the 5-8 guy who gets in scored more points throughout the season...this just seems like the fair way to do things.

The upper division will be handled in the following way:

- Divisions were irrelevant in this league. I didn't even play one of my divisional opponents, much less face them all twice. However, changing the standings to not account for division winners will not affect who gets into the playoff, just the seeding of these teams. Due to this, I feel like we'll just run with the same setup that the lower league will run. Division winners get the byes (even though the divisions didn't really matter) and the rest of the seeding is based on the best teams, regardless of division, based on the tiebreaker order.

So essentially, as far as I can tell, nothing at all will be changed for these playoffs, but the regular season will be altered next season so that divisions are relevant in the upper league. It's just not worth changing, in my opinion, just to alter seeding.

Dissenting or concurring opinions now accepted .
Old 12-05-2012, 12:25 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Im in.. time to whip Memphis' 5-8 ***
Old 12-05-2012, 12:41 PM
McDirty
1st Gear Member

Hunter, thanks for setting everything up again this year. Managing a team takes enough time so managing the league is appreciated. I also like this league's scoring setup with ppr, idp and return yardage counting as a nice change from standard scoring.

Are the ESPN predictions ever close? I felt healthy players were more inconsistent this season than previous seasons. Add in injuries, platooning, spreading the ball around and changing gameplans and scoring seems so erratic.

What is the retention like in the upper league? Is it even possible to run a keeper league? I know it would also be extra work to keep track of everything.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:44 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Keeper leagues are fun. You have to plan more for injuries, retirement, trades, etc.. I could see that being a royal PITA as a commish though. I am in one but, we do a live draft and the commish just inputs the picks himself. Would be a lot harder completely online I bet. Especially with keeper leagues how you can trade draft picks as well as players.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:48 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Not a problem. I can look into a keeper league but we're losing about 4-6 players a year I'd say which may make it difficult.

Running the league is a pretty big time commitment but it's pretty fun. I don't mind it. I just hope everyone enjoys it!

Quick Reply: 2012-2013 Mustang Forums Fantasy Football League Sign-Up