Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AUX out & cruise control stopped working 2007 mustang

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 03:45 PM
Formidablefoe

Default AUX out & cruise control stopped working 2007 mustang

Hi,
The AUX out that was working (used it for over a year to listen to my ipod) stopped working. It goes through SAT1, SAT2, SAT3 but AUX does not show up anymore. Does anyone know what caused this? Also the cruise control does not turn on anymore. I'm guessing the cruise control has to do with the fuse in the passenger footwell. I took the cover off but I cannot figure out how to access the fuse or actually see inside. Can anyone help me? thanks.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:47 PM
whatapony

The cruise control on my pony is testy at times, too. I often has to arbitrarily press the other buttons on my steering wheel, and then go back to cruise control. I know there is an age gap between your car and mine, but maybe it will help? As for the AUX problem, I'm not sure. Best of luck to you!
Old 08-15-2012, 03:48 PM
whatapony

have*
Old 08-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Formidablefoe
I'm guessing the cruise control has to do with the fuse in the passenger footwell. I took the cover off but I cannot figure out how to access the fuse or actually see inside. Can anyone help me? thanks.
Remove the access hatch from the passenger side kick panel. I think you have already done this.

Use a bright light (if you have an LED flashlight, this should work) to look inside. You should see a black metal cover with a tang on the left side and a tang on the right side, although the one on the right side may be difficult to see. There's probably a white piece of insulation on top of the metal cover. Leave this alone. It's Ford's feeble attempt to keep water from getting into the SJB (the fuse box).

Pull straight out on the tangs if you can get to both of them. If not, pull on the left one. In either case, hope that the tangs don't break. Wrestle that bear! When you get the cover off, you will see the fuses.

Remember to put the outer hatch on firmly when you are finished. It can hang down, but not be secured. When it appears to be in place, push in about an inch or so to the right and to the left of the finger slot. You should hear two clicks, one from each side. If not, the outer hatch may not be secure.

Good luck!
Old 08-15-2012, 11:21 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

if none of the above work, these newer stangs will start killing stuff in order to keep the car running when the battery is dying. Kind of like a human body.. when under stress, you never have to pee or whatnot.. it shuts down all things not essential to life or survival.

battery.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:46 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Hi,
The AUX out that was working (used it for over a year to listen to my ipod) stopped working. It goes through SAT1, SAT2, SAT3 but AUX does not show up anymore. Does anyone know what caused this?
Likely corrupted info. Hold buttons 3 + 6, then press 1 during the speaker test to show shaker diagnostic codes

https://mustangforums.com/forum/8008699-post4.html
Old 08-20-2012, 02:00 AM
Formidablefoe

Originally Posted by xkape
if none of the above work, these newer stangs will start killing stuff in order to keep the car running when the battery is dying. Kind of like a human body.. when under stress, you never have to pee or whatnot.. it shuts down all things not essential to life or survival.

battery.
My battery is a few months old. I had to get it replaced.

Originally Posted by wayne613
Likely corrupted info. Hold buttons 3 + 6, then press 1 during the speaker test to show shaker diagnostic codes

https://mustangforums.com/forum/8008699-post4.html
I tried this but all it did was test each of the 4 speakers individually. Maybe I did it wrong but I don't see how this was suppose to cycle through the Auxiliary.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:15 AM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

press 1 during the speaker test to show shaker diagnostic codes
Maybe I did it wrong but I don't see how this was suppose to cycle through the Auxiliary.

It's not. It's supposed to show any diagnostic codes it might have on the screen.

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=373&viewfil...o%20System.pdf (page 3, 4-6 for what the codes mean) The point is to see if just the as-built data is corrupted, or if it's unfixable/flashable. If you get B1342 as one of the codes, then clear the codes by pressing 2, then EJECT, run the self test again and B1342 shows back up then the ECU in the radio is toast and it can't be re-programmed.

Your best case scenario currently is to have the configuration re-flashed at a dealer if pulling power for a few minutes has not brought it back. Worst, is a new or used unit(hopefully just going after-market) if you want that functionality again.

Last edited by wayne613; 08-20-2012 at 07:05 AM.