Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9/11 Where were you?

Old 09-10-2012, 07:29 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Strange how something like that can cause you to pin point your exact moment, what we were doing, who we were with, etc. Although this is not Memorial or Veteran's day, I think this entire country needs to remember that tomorrow marks a day even larger than the attack on Pearl Harbor in my book. There really is true, absolute evil in this world that wants to see us die. I can never even come up with the words to say to the men and women, both past and present who protect my freedom from that. A humble thank you is all I have to offer. I am proud to be an American citizen. If that offends anyone, I do not care. God bless the United States of America.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:34 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mapitts
Strange how something like that can cause you to pin point your exact moment, what we were doing, who we were with, etc. Although this is not Memorial or Veteran's day, I think this entire country needs to remember that tomorrow marks a day even larger than the attack on Pearl Harbor in my book. There really is true, absolute evil in this world that wants to see us die. I can never even come up with the words to say to the men and women, both past and present who protect my freedom from that. A humble thank you is all I have to offer. I am proud to be an American citizen. If that offends anyone, I do not care. God bless the United States of America.
+100000000000000000000
Old 09-10-2012, 07:37 PM
pandastang
1st Gear Member

it was my on my bday I was in school when it went down and I just remember the silence....everyone just watched and it was probably one of the scariest/confusing moments of my life. Now I turn 26 tomorrow and that's scary as well.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I was at Peach Bottom Atomic Power Station in PA. During the attacks, we (ALL 104 nuclear power plants in the US) were placed on lock-down; we were considered by the government to be secondary targets. 11 years later and the industry continues to spend hundreds of millions every year in security upgrades.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Toxix
2nd Gear Member

Grade 9 here....rocked my world, even in Canada.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:01 PM
billy mack
1st Gear Member

I was on the phone ordering rims for my old eclipse, I heard while on hold there was a plane that hit the first world trade center. I couldn't leave the tv for hours. Tons of planes were re routed to our local airport, and even to this day it feels unreal.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:12 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

I was in 9th grade getting ready to go to school, already knew I was going to be in the Air Force. I was confused at first, my mom was really upset (she was Air Force at the time too) and if she was that upset, I knew things were going to get real. Watching it on TV solidified my desire to join. My dad tried to recommission but he had just missed the age cut off for majors. Did everything he could to try and get back in, but they couldn't waive it. All the folks at my school knew my military background so they were asking a lot of questions that I didn't have the answers to. Definitely felt a lot of rage at that age, now it's just determination. Bin Laden was killed the day I started my tech school, and needless to say I put in every ounce of effort I had to learn my profession. It was a reminder of why I joined. God bless all the first responders, the victims, and their families, and God bless the brothers and sisters in arms around me every day, they all work harder than anyone I've ever met every single day they wake up and I'm glad to serve them.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:58 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

I was on Deployment in Kosovo. We actually had a TV in our room that got 1 station so I was the first back to the room after working in the motorpool. I switched on the TV just in time to see the 2nd plane hit. I was just standing there in shock when the rest of the guys came in. I have family that worked in the towers. Thankfully they all made it out. I pray for those that didn't.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:17 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

I'm orignally from NYC and was fortunate two of my family members did not go to work that day (they worked at the WTC). At the time of the incident, I was stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC. Was watching TV when they mentioned a plane hit the WTC. At first I thought someone in a small private plane accidently crashed into the WTC, that's when the 2nd plane hit and also heard about the Pentagon being being attacked as well. That moment I knew that we (Army) were going to go to war.

3 years later, came to work and our Company Commander said he had something to tell us and that it would change our lives forever. Our unit had just received orders to take part in the invasion of Iraq. I crossed the Kuwait/Iraq border April 4, 2003.

I cant' recall any other 9/11 events, but last year on 9/11, I was on a dismounted combat patrol (Afghanistan), when a suicide bomber blew himself up about 300 meters in front of us. No one was injured.

Other than that, 9/11 has changed my life entirely (4 combat tours)..

Last edited by a_lopez1975; 09-11-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:18 AM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

I was off work that day and was watching one of those morning shows (forget which one). They were doing an interview in New York and had the cameras facing out of the building they were in and you could see the towers in the background. All of a sudden I saw this big ball of fire erupt from the first tower hit. Everyone in the interview room saw it and started speculating what hit the tower. The general concensus was that it was a small single engine plane. Then about 10-15 mins later another ball of flame erupts from the second tower. I knew then something bad was happening. The rest is history.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 9/11 Where were you?