Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting FI

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 01:33 AM
bigmike06gt
1st Gear Member

Default Getting FI

Just bought a Saleen Supercharger with the Brenspeed stage 3 package off of S197 forums! Also ordered a wideband A/F guage and boost guage and thinking about getting an SOS pillar mount for the guages unless there is another guage that is important then I will get the dashmount. The SC kit includes everything but plugs and tune which is easy enough through my SCT livewire but is there anything else I should be looking into before the install starts.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:35 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

AF and boost are very benificial. There are a ton of gauges to get, some are more for general knowledge. There are a few newer gauge packages that are digital and go through your obd2 port and give you almost any parameter you want.

Who did you get the Saleen from? I probly know him.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:48 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

congrats, you'll definitely enjoy the additional horsepower!
Old 09-25-2012, 06:49 AM
bigmike06gt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
AF and boost are very benificial. There are a ton of gauges to get, some are more for general knowledge. There are a few newer gauge packages that are digital and go through your obd2 port and give you almost any parameter you want.

Who did you get the Saleen from? I probly know him.
I would prefer not to use the OBD2 port as I like to hook up my SCT Livewire most times. Also don't want a bunch of guages to start with as I am not big on the look of most but still want to keep track of boost and A/F for sure and was thinking maybe fuel pressure as well.

Got the Saleen from calebparkin3. Seems to be a good deal but I guess I will see when I get the unit.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:58 AM
bigmike06gt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
congrats, you'll definitely enjoy the additional horsepower!
Thanks, I am just hoping I can get it installed and have some time to play before it gets parked for the winter.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:46 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Congrats... Make sure who ever tunes your car knows what their doing.. I found that one out the hard way.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:04 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Like Soldier said, make sure the tuner knows what they're doing.. Make sure you have all the tools and parts you need before starting the install... Read the instructions all the way through before starting.. Other than that, it's pretty straightforward. Probably take about 2 days if it's your first time.. I think the stage 3 is good for about 450ish wheel so you should be fine.. Just be careful with it, keep an eye on fuel, oil, everything.. And also keep in mind driving it hard may pop your motor or tranny at that torque level.. Have fun though, I wanted the Saleen charger before I got the KB but Brenspeed stopped carrying them..
Old 09-25-2012, 07:14 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

where in canada are you located? expert tuning in napierville does very good job he only work on mustang too.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:20 PM
bigmike06gt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
Like Soldier said, make sure the tuner knows what they're doing.. Make sure you have all the tools and parts you need before starting the install... Read the instructions all the way through before starting.. Other than that, it's pretty straightforward. Probably take about 2 days if it's your first time.. I think the stage 3 is good for about 450ish wheel so you should be fine.. Just be careful with it, keep an eye on fuel, oil, everything.. And also keep in mind driving it hard may pop your motor or tranny at that torque level.. Have fun though, I wanted the Saleen charger before I got the KB but Brenspeed stopped carrying them..
I won't be doing the install myself, I don't have the tools or the knowledge and skills to challange a task like that. Also the only tuner I have dealt with is in Seattle so I was hoping not to have to drive the 16ish hours to go there.

Originally Posted by mighted1987
where in canada are you located? expert tuning in napierville does very good job he only work on mustang too.
I am in Alberta and the only tuner here that I know of is MRL performance. Never have dealt with them but lots of guys on Mustang Canada forums have had dealings and have alot of respect for his abilities. The only problem is he doesn't like Saleens so I am not sure if he will do the work for me.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:33 AM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigmike06gt
The only problem is he doesn't like Saleens so I am not sure if he will do the work for me.
What's not to like about a Saleen?! I'm not too experienced in installing blowers, but I'll have to agree with everyone that you need to make sure the person who's doing this isn't going to ruin your car.

I got my Mustang blown already, but getting the parts and everything installed from the dealership was just over 16k........