Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Endgame: part 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 11:04 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Oh my goodness, I'll have to come watch the next one, I'm only in Rosamond after all, so no excuses. I have got to see this monster in action.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:27 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
I am digging it man! I'm not for turbos on the street, let alone with with a manual tranny. But yours, for what you are doing, perfect. The tranny, the gearing, the application. You will have tons of fun.

I haven't taken my car to 160 or so in several years. 160 is freaking fast in a street car.
Greg (RET) tells me that that it will actually be pretty mild mannered on the street (if I keep my foot off it), that the injectorsare great at idle... we'll see.

160 is pretty fast for a street car, the thing about mojave mile is you see what cars can do in stock form and modified. GT500s (at least up through 2012) are governed at 155, I saw a guy with 4.6 stroked to 5.1 all motor get to 153, Corvette ZR1 not quite hit 180, stock Nissan GTR hit 180, Lamborghini's stuck just under 180, mini coopers stuck between 135-140, 36 HP VW bug break through the 80MPH mark, stock Bugatti do 204... then there are the modified Vipers & GTs busting out in the 220 range.

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
This thread is full of surprises!!! So awesome. I may have missed it, but what trans are you going with? I know you were having troubles with the 5r55s a while back
I went with what they're calling the "S197 magnum", basically the tremec T-56 magnum for the S197 mustang. For all intents and purposes it is the TR-6060, with an extended housing so there is no remote shifter linkage hanging out, and I think they say it can handle a bit more torque. I've had it in since April and had some issues with the Mcleod RXT clutch at first, but it has broken in nicely, other than that it does lug a bit at low RPM in 2nd-4th, I need to get feedback from someone who knows transmissions before the one year warranty is up, to see if it is normal or something that needs to be fixed, I've adapted my driving habits to avoid the lugging, but it will be nice to know if it's normal or not.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:55 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CMcNam
Oh my goodness, I'll have to come watch the next one, I'm only in Rosamond after all, so no excuses. I have got to see this monster in action.
Nope, no excuses at all.

One wastegate installed...

second wastegate installed...

final connection of cold side tubing to turbos...

and now the cold side tubing goes for final welding and powdercoating.
"Endgame:Part 1" is almost done.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:53 PM
AJSpags
2nd Gear Member

Wow! What a piece of art! So cool looking.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Warpig12354
3rd Gear Member

Nice build. Have you seen the Underground Racing Gallardos running the Texas mile? And Hennessy got a Ford GT to do 257.something. Texas mile is November 26-28 if anyone's interested.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:43 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

These pictures are delightfully inappropriate...so much ****...
Old 10-12-2012, 09:02 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Might be a dumb question but, What are they gonna do for the intake of the turbos? Just slap a air filter on and suck up dirt and hot air from under the car or run tubing up to a cleaner area.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:26 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Might be a dumb question but, What are they gonna do for the intake of the turbos? Just slap a air filter on and suck up dirt and hot air from under the car or run tubing up to a cleaner area.
LOL. Not a dumb question, I'm curious to see what he comes up with. I told him my goals for power and that I drive it on the street and let him do what he does best in the way he does it.
based on the update pics I've received, I don't think a filter will fit right at the turbo locations, they'll at least have to stub out to a piping-free location.

I should be picking it up at the end of next week, at which point this question will be answered.

And then it's time for part 2... if finances hold out.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:31 PM
89fiveeight
2nd Gear Member

I would like to let you know how much I hate you.

[----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

that much.

Car is ****ing sex.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:31 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Is that the exile system, or a custom kit.

I know exile are the only ones I can think of that mount the turbo's in that location, vice under the hood (gets cramped with twins), or in the rear.

Quick Reply: Endgame: part 1