Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need car cover recommendations ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 06:49 PM
SKTER97
1st Gear Member

Default Need car cover recommendations ??

What is the best car cover for the buck so that i can store my car indoor for the winter, but i want to cover it with a cover and dont know which one???
Old 10-17-2012, 07:51 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SKTER97
What is the best car cover for the buck so that i can store my car indoor for the winter, but i want to cover it with a cover and dont know which one???
Check out CoverCraft car covers. You want one that has at least a 3 year warranty. Since you will be keeping it indoors, you want one that is soft so no need to worry about if it is water resistant. Right now my garage is full so my stang has had to sit outside since I bought it home brand new back in Dec. '06. Because I keep it polished and a car cover on it, it still looks like a brand new car. The key thing to remember is, ALWAYS wipe your car down BEFORE you put the car cover on. I use either my California Duster or a Microfiber cloth and Meguire's Detailing spray. I got the Evolution 4 car cover from AutoAnything.com. It has a 4 year warranty and they back up their products. From sitting outside in the weather, the fiber will eventually start to break down leaving dust particles on the car. That's when I call and let them know and they tell me to send it back and then they send me another one. Hope this helps.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:21 PM
SKTER97
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Check out CoverCraft car covers. You want one that has at least a 3 year warranty. Since you will be keeping it indoors, you want one that is soft so no need to worry about if it is water resistant. Right now my garage is full so my stang has had to sit outside since I bought it home brand new back in Dec. '06. Because I keep it polished and a car cover on it, it still looks like a brand new car. The key thing to remember is, ALWAYS wipe your car down BEFORE you put the car cover on. I use either my California Duster or a Microfiber cloth and Meguire's Detailing spray. I got the Evolution 4 car cover from AutoAnything.com. It has a 4 year warranty and they back up their products. From sitting outside in the weather, the fiber will eventually start to break down leaving dust particles on the car. That's when I call and let them know and they tell me to send it back and then they send me another one. Hope this helps.
thanks, im prolly gonna order one from american muscle, and plus we get a discount with them, and im gonna get the covercraft deluxe custom fit one!! unless someone can chime in on a better deal!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:02 AM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

I bought my Cover Craft car cover from AutoAnything.com. I was just over $200 shipped IIRC. It is the Noah model. I am happy with it. But, you could get a cheaper one since you plan to use yours indoors only. The Noah is indoor/outdoor.

Check out this link to help you choose which one is best for you.

http://www.covercraft.com/App%20Guid...vers%20app.pdf
Old 10-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

I don't really like them, but if I were to buy one I'd get the Noah model too.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:53 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I got my Covercraft cover from American Muscle.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/coverc...nvertible.html

It fits correctly on my SGT, but I would not recommend it. It didn't come with a cable and lock and after I washed it by hand, in my bathtub with a bucket of water with a bit of Simple Green added it started shedding all over my car and (even worse) my cloth convertible top. I air dried it.

I then took it to a laundromat and used their washing machine and then dried it on my balcony at home, but no improvement.
I had a cheaper, silver cover on my 2005 GT that worked much better and was cheaper, but I can't find it online. It had a Mustang Pony on the front.
I think this cover might be similar:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/coverc...cover-all.html
It's machine washable, which means you'll wash it more frequently, it won't get all dirty and smear your windshield.
Remove your antenna for long-term storage. For daily use get a shorty antenna and cut a hole and install a grommet over the hole in the cover.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:06 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

I went with our CoverCraft Deluxe cover for my own 5.0. The best part about it is you can use it outdoor or indoor. Since I keep my Mustang indoor for the winters and outdoor during normal spring/summer weather, it's nice to just throw a cover on in the driveway!

Shane
Old 10-23-2012, 03:15 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

I purchased mine from Brenspeed, very happy with it!
Old 10-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Slappy3243
1st Gear Member

I prefer California Car covers. If you go to their website and put your car information in, a list will come up explaining the differences between all of the different covers. They come with a 5-year warranty. I just ordered one for my Firehawk which I store outdoors.