Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Navigation saying "NO GPS" almost constantly

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 08:57 AM
hoodlum54
1st Gear Member

Default Factory Navigation saying "NO GPS" almost constantly

I live in Charlotte and my GPS has always functioned perfectly. Super accurate. Up until recently, it had never said I was on the wrong street. I haven't changed anything with the car, but lately it's almost always displaying the "NO GPS" symbol at the top left of the screen. I would say 95% of the time. Because of this, it says I'm almost constantly either driving through fields or following a street that's anywhere from 3 streets down from me to a mile away. It's really stupid and renders the unit basically useless. Any suggestions? Is there anything I can do or should I try to take it to my local dealership (they always give me a run around.)
Old 11-22-2012, 09:27 AM
blackbird 11

I had the same problem, The dealer had to replace the attenta. and there was some type of update they did.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:48 AM
hoodlum54
1st Gear Member

Alright thanks! What a bummer...
Old 11-23-2012, 10:55 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by hoodlum54
I live in Charlotte and my GPS has always functioned perfectly. Super accurate. Up until recently, it had never said I was on the wrong street. I haven't changed anything with the car, but lately it's almost always displaying the "NO GPS" symbol at the top left of the screen. I would say 95% of the time. Because of this, it says I'm almost constantly either driving through fields or following a street that's anywhere from 3 streets down from me to a mile away. It's really stupid and renders the unit basically useless. Any suggestions? Is there anything I can do or should I try to take it to my local dealership (they always give me a run around.)
Hi, hoodlum54 -

Like blackbird 11 said, you'll more than likely have to visit your dealer. However, to possibly save yourself a trip, I recommend trying a Master Reset on your system. Here are the instructions:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...ync-navigation

Let me know if this helps or if you have any questions.

Jaclyn
Old 10-15-2014, 05:57 PM
kpow84

What was the issue with your "No GPS" error? I'm now getting the same thing and a master reset didn't help at all... thanks! Keith
Old 10-16-2014, 06:38 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by kpow84
What was the issue with your "No GPS" error? I'm now getting the same thing and a master reset didn't help at all... thanks! Keith
Hi kpow84,

If the master reset didn't resolve your navigation concern, I suggest bringing this to your dealership's attention. You can schedule an appointment here : http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten.../LocateADealer

Kim
Old 10-16-2014, 08:16 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi kpow84,

If the master reset didn't resolve your navigation concern, I suggest bringing this to your dealership's attention. You can schedule an appointment here : http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten.../LocateADealer

Kim
since his car's probably out of warranty, he should probably also remember to bring money.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:48 AM
kpow84

Good call on the money, initially they told me it was under warranty, then they changed their minds and said warranty is based on order date (Jul 11) instead of delivery date (Nov 11.) Since it was "out of warranty" they wanted $125 just to tell me what was wrong, no thanks. Good job Ford, I thought for a minute you were getting better and were going to be better then Chevy/Dodge. Guess it's time for that Audi....
Old 10-22-2014, 10:55 AM
artsvettes73
2nd Gear Member

Good call on the money, initially they told me it was under warranty, then they changed their minds and said warranty is based on order date (Jul 11) instead of delivery date (Nov 11.) Since it was "out of warranty" they wanted $125 just to tell me what was wrong, no thanks. Good job Ford, I thought for a minute you were getting better and were going to be better then Chevy/Dodge. Guess it's time for that Audi....
Don't you just love it when they play games with warranty work. I'll bet they put in the warranty claim with ford, and tapped you also.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:19 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

That's BS. the Warranty Start Date is the day you take delivery of the car. Ford sets warranty terms, not the dealer. Find another dealer, maybe?

Quick Reply: Factory Navigation saying "NO GPS" almost constantly