Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of selling my two car's for a 2011 GT...I would like your opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Murder after Midnight

Question Thinking of selling my two car's for a 2011 GT...I would like your opinions please.

New member here.
For the 2011 mustang gt owner's i would like some opinions on what you think of the car, I'm thinking of prolly getting an auto how's the trans,how's the handling and what's this i keep hearing about engine issues? Anyway I'm still deciding on whether I want to sell my 1994 mustang gt vert and 1986 buick grandnational to get this car, so your opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-24-2012, 08:14 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

The auto trans is strong in the new setup. Only you can decide if selling those two cars is worth a new or newer stang. New motor is awesome but ford can now tell if you have tuned it and your warranty will be toast. Something to think about if your a mod addict like most of us are.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Murder after Midnight

Originally Posted by 808muscle
The auto trans is strong in the new setup. Only you can decide if selling those two cars is worth a new or newer stang. New motor is awesome but ford can now tell if you have tuned it and your warranty will be toast. Something to think about if your a mod addict like most of us are.
So that means any engine mods, even a cold air kit?
What about a 4.10 gears upgrade?
Old 11-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Murder after Midnight

even the ford boss intake? WOW...............
Old 11-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

he said tuned - and yeah, an intake requires a tune.

that doesn't mean it's going to blow up - there were a handful of cases of the #8 cyl failing mostly due to tuning issues. obviously if you fiddle with the engine programming and cause the engine to fail, you're on the hook. don't sound so surprised. there are thousands of people running tunes without issue.

you can upgrade gears without worry (to an extent), and the auto trans is very stout.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:07 PM
acquah20
1st Gear Member

If the buick grand national is in nice shape and not a lot of problems I would have a really hard time getting rid of something like that. Beautiful cars imo and pretty rare
Old 11-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Murder after Midnight

Originally Posted by acquah20
If the buick grand national is in nice shape and not a lot of problems I would have a really hard time getting rid of something like that. Beautiful cars imo and pretty rare
Yeah it is and that what makes this decision so hard......i will have to post some pics of the cars.......
Old 11-25-2012, 01:12 AM
Murder after Midnight

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/z...carpics007.jpg
Old 11-25-2012, 01:17 AM
Murder after Midnight

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/z...carpics029.jpg
Old 11-25-2012, 01:19 AM
Murder after Midnight

Originally Posted by Entaille
he said tuned - and yeah, an intake requires a tune.

that doesn't mean it's going to blow up - there were a handful of cases of the #8 cyl failing mostly due to tuning issues. obviously if you fiddle with the engine programming and cause the engine to fail, you're on the hook. don't sound so surprised. there are thousands of people running tunes without issue.

you can upgrade gears without worry (to an extent), and the auto trans is very stout.
I heard something about a cooling issue with these new 5.0 motors....any info on that?

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my two car's for a 2011 GT...I would like your opinions please.