Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NA mods what can I expect?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 09:08 PM
DCzapla
1st Gear Member

Default NA mods what can I expect?

Other than a CAI and a tune I want to go the NA route as far as mods...for now. Looking to do a mild cam, new headers, and possibly a new intake. This will be on an 07 GT. If anybody has done followed this. Idea Id like to hear your input please.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:10 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

NA route would be cai, tune, headers, cams, pulleys, and intake. All those do up to some nice increases but a blower would put all that to shame and give you the 100+ HP your looking for. I started with all the NA mods in this order, cai, tune, 4.10 gears, longtube headers and cams. My car was faster and sounded cool but nothing like when I added the m90. That made my car 1 second faster at the track. Think long term before you buy anything, it may save you some money.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:12 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

^Hit the nail on the head!

Oh and either way, get 4.10's
Old 11-28-2012, 08:09 AM
awbreyjd
2nd Gear Member

like others have said. N/A will be fun and you will notice some good power through the curve with mods you and others have listed, but if you are a true car guy you will want more. Aside from building a new bulletproof block stroker and going insane. you will want more. Just slap a vortech on her and you will be happier and save long term money. After that, exhaust mods and intake gains are near doubled from what they are adding to N/A
Old 11-28-2012, 08:46 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I concur
Old 11-28-2012, 02:47 PM
DCzapla
1st Gear Member

The guys at work are pushing me hard to get a supercharger, not sure why Iam so reluctant. I live in a county that requires emissions testing if I put a SC on it, how does it affect emissions. Aferall Id hate to spend all that money and not be able to drive it because of emissions.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:48 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by awbreyjd
but if you are a true car guy you will want more.
Wow, I gotta say it...that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard on here and I'm not even gonna ask what qualifies as a "true car guy"???
Now to answer the op's question...
What to expect you ask, well more hp and torque from the moment you press the gas. The pedal will have more weight meaning you will dig less into it as the increase in torque will produce tire spin much easier. The idle the cam will produce is oldschool heaven, so needless to say you will notice a definate upgrade in sound when combined with l/t's or shorty headers. To avoid any possible emission problems, go with a set of shorty headers as they will retain the use of your factory catted mid pipe.
Pay special care and consideration to proper gear selection...
with a manual city car I would recommend 4.10's, but as an a/t has a different gear ratio in 1st, I would recommend 3.73's.
I too debated on a supercharger out of the box and if I had the extra money to burn I would have went that route, but I gotta say i'm very happy with what I ended up with.
Hope this helps!

Last edited by mayo; 11-28-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:16 PM
07GrabU
2nd Gear Member

As far as emissions are concerned, here in Ohio you can get around it with collector plates. Have to be north of $5,000 in mods or it has to be a specialty limited production vehicle.
Check your state for something like that.or ask Brenspeed what they suggest, they can't be too far from you
Old 11-29-2012, 08:11 AM
awbreyjd
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mayo
Wow, I gotta say it...that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard on here and I'm not even gonna ask what qualifies as a "true car guy"???
Now to answer the op's question...
What to expect you ask, well more hp and torque from the moment you press the gas. The pedal will have more weight meaning you will dig less into it as the increase in torque will produce tire spin much easier. The idle the cam will produce is oldschool heaven, so needless to say you will notice a definate upgrade in sound when combined with l/t's or shorty headers. To avoid any possible emission problems, go with a set of shorty headers as they will retain the use of your factory catted mid pipe.
Pay special care and consideration to proper gear selection...
with a manual city car I would recommend 4.10's, but as an a/t has a different gear ratio in 1st, I would recommend 3.73's.
I too debated on a supercharger out of the box and if I had the extra money to burn I would have went that route, but I gotta say i'm very happy with what I ended up with.
Hope this helps!

Perfectly valid what I said about true car guys. Ones that dig speed always want to go faster. Ones that like show always have something new they want for looks even if its just a new shine. Always something. Car guys/gals are never done with there car. That is what I meant.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:21 AM
Nick V.
2nd Gear Member

ah will ferrell.....anywho,

pretty much what mayo said. im not exactly sure where that will put your cars power in terms of numbers but i bet by the time your done you'll be extremely happy with it.

And if you ever feel like diving into the supercharged route you can always do that too.

id like to build my car up n/a and race a same year mustang built up the same way n/a.

simply b/c thats the coolest thing i can think to do. -rambling

Quick Reply: NA mods what can I expect?