Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Mustang 5.0 Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 12:58 PM
Genxer
1st Gear Member

No tapping before you took it in for service?

Did they tell you what failed in the engine or the specific problem? 12k seems pretty low to have engine trouble.

I wouldn't be surprised at a dealer replacing just a shortblock as long as there's no valve damage. However, they need to make sure there is no loose metal contamination going back together.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:46 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NiNoMArksLA
Hello Everybody New On Here And I Needed Help With a 5.0

I Am Getting a 2013 Mustang 5.0 6 Speed Hate Auto
And Picking It Up 2 Days From Now Special Order Red/Red
Loaded Out

And Want To Put Intake Tune Tire Short Trow Shifter Exhuast
And I Want To Be Loud Don't Care About Cops Lmao What U Guys Thinking !

Got a New Credit Card With Good Limt So Want To Buy Everthing 1 Time
If you're going to use a CC for the mods...then my only suggestion is to make sure the CC adds an increase to the existing warranty on the items purchased. If I don't have the disposable income, then I ain't buying mods...but if it comes to a big purchase and the warranty is important....then some creditors will extend the existing manufacturer warranty while you are still paying off the balance on their cards. And that would be the ONLY reason to use one for mods.

Or if the Mods are all Ford supported you should have made a deal to roll the work into the cost of the car and have them do it all since you're financing the car anyway.

Just Saying

---
Old 06-20-2014, 04:24 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by STANG2013
I took my car for an oil change at the Ford Dealership Monday the 16th of June. They put in 5W20 synthetic blend. It was bought new 18 months ago and has 12K miles on it. I drove it off the lot and I heard an intermittent metal tapping sound ( coming underneath the hood). It comes and goes every 5-10 seconds and sometimes it will tap once or more in random intervals. So I immediately took it back to them.

The first thing they tried was replacing the A/C compressor and that didnt fix it. So they have been waiting for Ford help line to make the next decision over the phone and as of this morning they said Ford called them and they are shipping a new short block from Detroit and will replace my short block and that will put me at 2 and a 1/2 weeks until it MIGHT be fixed. They stated that there have been issues before with these and this should fix the problem as it should be upgraded. I called Ford motor CO and explained that this is a new car and I wanted the entire engine replaced. Is that asking too much? Any thoughts, opinions and past/similar expierences welcomed.
You neeed to start your own thread, not hijak someone elses.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:52 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gary Ugarek
take my advice, never buy on credit. save up the scratch over 2-3 months and do it all at one time. Best way to go.

Trust me, using CCs for mod parts is bad news.
I use the credit cards to get the stuff to me quicker, then pay it off every month. I got a lot of credit card points when i bought my whipple! Credit cards are very convenient, but if you have no money, then they can be very bad.

hey Gary, try to convince my wife to pay cash for a car!

Last edited by moosestang; 06-20-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:37 AM
STANG2013

Default really

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
You neeed to start your own thread, not hijak someone elses.
cry me a river
Old 07-01-2014, 03:46 PM
STANG2013

KEARNY PEARSON FORD HERE IN SAN DIEGO HAS HAD MY CAR FOR OVER 2 WEEKS NOW AND WAS SUPPOSED TO GET IT BACK YESTERDAY AND THEY TOLD ME TODAY NOW IM GETTING TOLD TOMORROW WTF.......LEMON LAW!
Old 07-01-2014, 04:31 PM
krazykevin
2nd Gear Member

KEARNY PEARSON FORD HERE IN SAN DIEGO HAS HAD MY CAR FOR OVER 2 WEEKS NOW AND WAS SUPPOSED TO GET IT BACK YESTERDAY AND THEY TOLD ME TODAY NOW IM GETTING TOLD TOMORROW WTF.......LEMON LAW!
You are using this forum wrong, your post is unrelated and would get more relevant replies if you started a new thread for it instead of taking someone elses that deals with mods...
Old 07-01-2014, 06:26 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

cry me a river
cruisin5268d is right... so stay on topic and lose the attitude.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:08 AM
STANG2013

I am simply feeble minded and a newbie without the common sense to close my mouth and not disrespect members with my stupidity!

Last edited by code3GT; 07-02-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Stang2013.... Are you a little "slow"??? Like Forest Gump kinda not all with it up in the area between the ears and just above the neck?

Don't you have this topic going in another thread? The guys here were actually pretty kind and clear in what they said. It didn't come off as rude.

But.... you seem to have a chip on yer shoulder.... Perhaps yer frustrated over yer messed up ride???

C H I L L O U T

---

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang 5.0 Need Help