Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Mustang 5.0 Need Help

Old 12-02-2012, 07:42 PM
NiNoMArksLA

Default 2013 Mustang 5.0 Need Help

Hello Everybody New On Here And I Needed Help With a 5.0

I Am Getting a 2013 Mustang 5.0 6 Speed Hate Auto
And Picking It Up 2 Days From Now Special Order Red/Red
Loaded Out

And Want To Put Intake Tune Tire Short Trow Shifter Exhuast
And I Want To Be Loud Don't Care About Cops Lmao What U Guys Thinking !

Got a New Credit Card With Good Limt So Want To Buy Everthing 1 Time
Old 12-03-2012, 06:45 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

congrats, that's awesome!

My favorite cold air intake is JLT, and you'll need a tune with it.....look at AmericanMuscle.com for more info.

As far as exhaust, I've persoanlly heard Borla's on the new Mustangs and they are obnoxious....so you'll probably like them, lol!

For short throw shifter, I'm not too sure for the 2013's....hopefully someone will chime in with some good info for you.

Good luck!
Old 12-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

take my advice, never buy on credit. save up the scratch over 2-3 months and do it all at one time. Best way to go.

Trust me, using CCs for mod parts is bad news.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:32 PM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NiNoMArksLA
Um, yeah i wouldnt recommend this ^^^ but good luck with the car.

05 mustang - Your cobra is gorgeous, how have i not seen that yet.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:52 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NiNoMArksLA
Hello Everybody New On Here And I Needed Help With a 5.0

I Am Getting a 2013 Mustang 5.0 6 Speed Hate Auto
And Picking It Up 2 Days From Now Special Order Red/Red
Loaded Out

And Want To Put Intake Tune Tire Short Trow Shifter Exhuast
And I Want To Be Loud Don't Care About Cops Lmao What U Guys Thinking !

NinoMarksLA,

Welcome to the MustangForums and Congratulations on the new car! You're going to love the 13' GT, these new Coyote motors are unbelievable. I've never seen a Red on Red yet, I'm really excited to check it out so definitely post up pictures for us when you take delivery!

It looks like you definitely have your head in the right place with your list of mods as well. A CAI and Tune combo is going to be your most beneficial mod in the power department! I would recommend either the AIRAIRD or JLT CAI paired up with the Bama SF3 Tuner. These are my two personal favorite kits and I'm confident you'll be extremely happy with this set up!

If you're going to get a short shifter, then your best options are going to be either a Barton or MGW. These are the top competing brands for the 11+ Manual cars! Using a Dual Pivot Trunnion design the Barton Short Shifter allows for a 40% reduction in throw with only minimal loss of the neutral left to right throw. All while preserving the factory shifter ergonomics for a comfortable ride.

Exhaust is definitely going to be the toughest question for me to answer. This is a very opinionated question and everyone loves a different set up! However, I'm confident if you want loud that your in for a treat. One of Muffler deletes, Borla or Maganflow systems will make your GT extremely loud! If you're looking to go really loud then I'd also recommend an O/R X-Pipe. From personal experience I've always loved the SLP and Borla Systems!

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or some further assistance! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Old 12-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Boss_Hotrod
5th Gear Member

Simple you want loud, Set of Kooks headers, Off road pipe and a Borla catback.

Ive got a set up similar to that on the boss. I have the side pipes still and still running resonators. Car can be heard from miles. Sounds badass in the car too, but I think that is mostly the sidepipes.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:03 PM
theczar
2nd Gear Member

I love my Barton short throw....Corsa's too, but prolly not loud enough for ya lol
Old 12-04-2012, 07:41 PM
BigMech

I just put a set of Borla S-Type axle back mufflers on my 13 GT and it makes some truly awesome noises now!
Old 06-20-2014, 12:02 PM
STANG2013

I took my car for an oil change at the Ford Dealership Monday the 16th of June. They put in 5W20 synthetic blend. It was bought new 18 months ago and has 12K miles on it. I drove it off the lot and I heard an intermittent metal tapping sound ( coming underneath the hood). It comes and goes every 5-10 seconds and sometimes it will tap once or more in random intervals. So I immediately took it back to them.

The first thing they tried was replacing the A/C compressor and that didnt fix it. So they have been waiting for Ford help line to make the next decision over the phone and as of this morning they said Ford called them and they are shipping a new short block from Detroit and will replace my short block and that will put me at 2 and a 1/2 weeks until it MIGHT be fixed. They stated that there have been issues before with these and this should fix the problem as it should be upgraded. I called Ford motor CO and explained that this is a new car and I wanted the entire engine replaced. Is that asking too much? Any thoughts, opinions and past/similar expierences welcomed.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:35 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

I have the Borla ATAK and I get compliments on the sound everytime I have my Stang out

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang 5.0 Need Help