Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone install AM GT billet grille on 2013 V6?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 11:45 PM
shouldhavegottheGT
2nd Gear Member

Default Anyone install AM GT billet grille on 2013 V6?

According the AM the grilles for the GT and V6 are different. However the billet grilles on eBay are made for either. Also Roush and the CDC grille can be used for either as well. Not sure why AM is stating that the their GT grille will not work for the V6. I really like the black billet grille but the V6 with the pony is pretty tacky. Any of you try installing the GT in the V6? Thanks!

http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-...le-2013gt.html
Old 12-27-2012, 11:03 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by shouldhavegottheGT
According the AM the grilles for the GT and V6 are different. However the billet grilles on eBay are made for either. Also Roush and the CDC grille can be used for either as well. Not sure why AM is stating that the their GT grille will not work for the V6. I really like the black billet grille but the V6 with the pony is pretty tacky. Any of you try installing the GT in the V6? Thanks!

http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-...le-2013gt.html

shouldhavegottheGT,

The reason our Billet Grille doesn't fit the V6 is because it's designed to be an overlay on the factory 2013 GT grille. So it attaches to the factory GT grille, instead of fully replacing it. Since the factory GT and V6 grilles are different, the connections do not work on the V6, unfortunately. However, we're coming out with a Black Billet Grille overlay for the 2013 V6 shortly. So, if you're able to hang tight, we should be able to hook you up shortly!

If you need the grille ASAP, you could purchase a factory GT grille and install that into your V6 and then buy the Black Billet overlay for the GT. This is more costly of course, but it's a solution around the manner at least.

Sorry for the inconvenience and let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Shane
Old 12-27-2012, 12:44 PM
shouldhavegottheGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
shouldhavegottheGT,

The reason our Billet Grille doesn't fit the V6 is because it's designed to be an overlay on the factory 2013 GT grille. So it attaches to the factory GT grille, instead of fully replacing it. Since the factory GT and V6 grilles are different, the connections do not work on the V6, unfortunately. However, we're coming out with a Black Billet Grille overlay for the 2013 V6 shortly. So, if you're able to hang tight, we should be able to hook you up shortly!

If you need the grille ASAP, you could purchase a factory GT grille and install that into your V6 and then buy the Black Billet overlay for the GT. This is more costly of course, but it's a solution around the manner at least.

Sorry for the inconvenience and let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Shane
The site says it is a direct replace for the upper and the lower is an overlay?
Old 12-28-2012, 01:58 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by shouldhavegottheGT
The site says it is a direct replace for the upper and the lower is an overlay?
Overlay isn't the proper term, sorry for the confusion. The factory honey cone grille is taken out, but the Black Billet grille is still attached to the factory grille surround. Since the grille surrounds are different from the v6 to the GT, the Billet grille will not secure properly to the factory v6 surround.

Hope this clears things up!

Shane
Old 12-30-2012, 10:58 PM
shouldhavegottheGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Overlay isn't the proper term, sorry for the confusion. The factory honey cone grille is taken out, but the Black Billet grille is still attached to the factory grille surround. Since the grille surrounds are different from the v6 to the GT, the Billet grille will not secure properly to the factory v6 surround.

Hope this clears things up!

Shane
Thanks for the clarification. That makes much more sense. I guess I will be waiting for you guys to release the new grilles. Hopefully it will be soon