Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help sourcing an 05-09 CS rear bumper ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 09:53 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Default Need Help sourcing an 05-09 CS rear bumper ASAP!

Long time no see folks...

Insurance company finally called and sent a check. I'll be getting a brand new long block and repaint of my rear bumper cover. Exhaust damage to be assessed after tear down.

However, I want something out of this deal... so I'm trying to purchase a gt/cs rear on my own dime since they'll paint. I need this cover within 5 business days which is the limiting factor. It looks like I can't go to Tousley Ford as they've informed me that they can't guarantee when my bumper will get here and LRS wants over $400 (!!!!!!) for a bumper cover. Where can I go to get the CS rear? If I can't find anything reasonable, I'll be purchasing a GT rear cover from AM.

Also, will the GT or GT/CS rear cover mount directly to my 6? Or will additional hardware/components be needed on top of my existing V6 cover hardware?

I need to make this purchase today so I needed answers quickly!

Betty lives...

Thanks everyone,

Wade
Old 01-03-2013, 10:09 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Glad to hear something positive could come out of this. You still getting a 4.0 put back in her?

Here is one but it's still pricey.. pretty much everywhere I see has them for about the same price or more... but of course AM has a great turn around time so if you order it today, it should be there by Monday. If you call you could probably get a deal for faster shipping.

AM CS Rear Bumper
Old 01-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Jarrod@latemodel
Former Sponsor

The Ford original one is over $400. I carry one that is the same piece, but made from an aftermarket company. It's $389.99, we do price matching, and also offer a forum discount.

2005-09 Mustang GT500 - GT/Cs Rear Bumper Cover

I have it in stock, and ready to ship. Going to Florida, it will only take 3-4 business days since it has to ship via truck freight.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:55 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Thanks Zac, finally it looks like the end is near. 9 weeks without my car, good Lord. Still putting a 4.0 in her with 0000 miles on the clock. I don't have the time or money right now to do a 4.6 conversion and all of the trimmings since I don't start work until later this month.

Originally Posted by Jarrod@latemodel
The Ford original one is over $400. I carry one that is the same piece, but made from an aftermarket company. It's $389.99, we do price matching, and also offer a forum discount.

2005-09 Mustang GT500 - GT/Cs Rear Bumper Cover

I have it in stock, and ready to ship. Going to Florida, it will only take 3-4 business days since it has to ship via truck freight.
Jarrod, the wording in the description is very vague as far as replacement for the V6 rear goes. Do I need any other mounting hardware for this gt/cs rear to work?

Thank you
Old 01-03-2013, 11:18 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Thanks Zac, finally it looks like the end is near. 9 weeks without my car, good Lord. Still putting a 4.0 in her with 0000 miles on the clock. I don't have the time or money right now to do a 4.6 conversion and all of the trimmings since I don't start work until later this month.
No problem man. I know I would die without driving my car for that long. Lol. Driving an F150 for a week was torture enough when my hood was painted. Good luck with the rest of the process.

And I'm almost 100% sure the bumper swap is all the same hardware, it's not that much longer so it should just swap over. Even the bumper on AM doesn't come with any other installation parts.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:29 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ZPounds07GT
No problem man. I know I would die without driving my car for that long. Lol. Driving an F150 for a week was torture enough when my hood was painted. Good luck with the rest of the process.

And I'm almost 100% sure the bumper swap is all the same hardware, it's not that much longer so it should just swap over. Even the bumper on AM doesn't come with any other installation parts.
I never realized just how much I LOVED just getting somewhere... Why do I like grocery shopping? Because I get to drive my car. Why do I like picking up fast food for dinner? Because I get to drive my car. Why do I like doing a full day of errands? Go ahead and guess haha. I love my car and seeing a shop destroy it with just one turn of a wrench and leave me in a Ford Escape for 9 weeks really made me appreciate what I have though it's not exactly a V8.

Anyone here own a V6 that did the swap? With all due respect to vendors, they're trying to make a sale and some are more honest about required components than others...
Old 01-03-2013, 12:05 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

I had a friend do a GT bumper swap on his 6 and I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty positive it's all the same hardware. I know that probably isn't the answer you were looking for, but that's what I know hahaha and I hope you find a nice CS rear bumper! I think that's the best part of the whole GT/CS package
Old 01-03-2013, 12:52 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by whosniffedme
I had a friend do a GT bumper swap on his 6 and I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty positive it's all the same hardware. I know that probably isn't the answer you were looking for, but that's what I know hahaha and I hope you find a nice CS rear bumper! I think that's the best part of the whole GT/CS package
Hmmm I sure hope you're right. Just found out that the dealership wants $250 to install the bumper. Found out after my old man got off the phone with 'em and it was the hardest I've laughed all morning by far. I'll throw it in the backseat and install it a block down the road for free haha
Old 01-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Jarrod@latemodel
Former Sponsor

As long as all of your hardware is in good shape, and nothing needs to be replaced, you should be able to bolt it right one without any problems.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:45 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Thanks Jarrod. CS rear on order.

Quick Reply: Need Help sourcing an 05-09 CS rear bumper ASAP!