Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best way for a Canadian to get a Barton?

Old 01-06-2013, 12:37 AM
Raydin27

Default Best way for a Canadian to get a Barton?

Hey Guys,
Ive got a 2013 GT/CS and ive been wanting to pick up a barton shifter and two-post bracket for the car as a little early birthday gift to myself. I went to my local mustang shop (Dasilva Racing) however they said they do not deal with barton and were unable to order me one.

So ive been searching the usual suspects online, American Muscle, Late model resto, CJ pony parts etc, which are all USA based. I was just wondering if there was a canadian site that i could order from, if not which site do you all prefer to order from.

Also as a side note, which shift **** are you using? im still up in the air on that part but seeing as i can use the stock one im in no rush.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:18 AM
gabb
1st Gear Member

Where in Canada are you? I'm in Vancouver and I usually shipping to a mail service that's located near the border. Drive over pick it up and if it's not more than $200 you don't pay duty.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:23 AM
Newatthis
1st Gear Member

As gabb says, why not just have it ship to a depot across the border and pick it up? Asking some vendor in canada to order it for you...will likely cost you way more than just ordering from one of the popular mustang sites,sponsors from here, right to your door. You'd be hard pressed to find this off some canadian site since there's so few of them with very limited stuff, plus likely cost more anyway. You'll have to pay for all the things they'd have to pay for plus their profit.

You're better off getting it directly from one of the many sites in the US.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:32 AM
Raydin27

Well im about 2-2.5 hours from the Niagara Falls (so im near Toronto Ontario if that helps) border crossing so i guess thats a good option too. Maybe i could take the girlfriend and make a day trip out of it.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:20 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

My thoughts too, Barton is in Upstate NY so if you're close enough a nice drive over the boarder would do the trick.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:15 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Raydin27
Hey Guys,
Ive got a 2013 GT/CS and ive been wanting to pick up a barton shifter and two-post bracket for the car as a little early birthday gift to myself. I went to my local mustang shop (Dasilva Racing) however they said they do not deal with barton and were unable to order me one.

So ive been searching the usual suspects online, American Muscle, Late model resto, CJ pony parts etc, which are all USA based. I was just wondering if there was a canadian site that i could order from, if not which site do you all prefer to order from.

Also as a side note, which shift **** are you using? im still up in the air on that part but seeing as i can use the stock one im in no rush.
Raydin,

We can definitely get you set up with a Barton Shifter and Two Post Bracket. If you'd like us to ship it over to Ontario, we can do that for you or we can ship it to a depot right across the border so you can pick it up in the US. We can also ship it to your Girlfriends, if you'd like. Shipping it to the US will definitely save you some money because we ship to the 48 for Free. However, there is a shipping charge for Canada (Border & Duty Fee's etc..)

You also qualify for our 6% forums exclusive discount, so shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up with this as well! I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions, need some assistance or would like me to set you up with a quote!

-Dan
Old 01-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Steve@CJPP
Former Sponsor

We can take care of you and this is a good month for you as.....

https://mustangforums.com/forum/cj-p...rts-today.html