Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

She's back home!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 08:39 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Default She's back home!

Picked up the ride today with a brand new motor and a CS rear cover! Made the round trip to Orlando, gave her a thorough check (fluid levels, looking for leaks, listening for anything out of the ordinary, etc) and sounds and feels like everything's A-OK.

I tell you what, being in a Ford Escape for the past three months has really made me more comfortable sitting up high and moving back to the Mustang was a real experience... definitely bigger blind spots and the window tinting didn't help. Driving with a clutch really was something out of the ordinary, but man am I glad I have my 5 speed back! I'm so happy to have my ride back: better cornering, firmer brakes, and greater pick up at highway speeds. I have to break her in for the next 500 miles which is the only downturn about this. The CS rear turned out GREAT. Smooth as glass and no blemishes. Their paint guy did a great job. The exhaust hangers needs to be re-welded to bring the cans up but I'm pretty happy with it for now. Might be able to bring her in on Monday to get this done.

The insurance company that I had to deal with was Gallagher Bassett. Ask the shop you take your ride at what insurance company has their back in case of an unforeseen incident. If they reply "Gallagher Bassett", ask yourself if you're willing to take the risk of being without your ride for over 12 weeks in case of negligence by your chosen shop.

Here's some pics from today. My HID kit from Retro Solutions came in! I'll install the kit on Sunday after I'm back from Miami.

Name:  photo3_zpse6a1a749.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  84.7 KB

This poor dog has had such a tough day lounging around on her ***. The suitcase packaging looks pretty good, but I'm wondering if it's completely necessary?
Name:  photo4_zps3a0d4900.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  104.2 KB

Name:  photo5_zps9b999aac.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  101.5 KB

Night shots from the Iphone just to document her arrival

Sylvania halogens
Name:  photo2_zps778b6d9c.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  61.7 KB

CS rear (hard to make out)
Name:  photo1_zpsbe0dc849.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  51.1 KB
Old 01-18-2013, 09:09 PM
Dawghouse
2nd Gear Member

Grats on getting her back man.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:35 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Car looks good! The *** job is hard to make out in the dark, but I'm positive it must look amazing, I am a huge fan of the CS rear ends lol.

Glad you got the ride back, I get antsy when I can't drive my car for more than a few days. Can't imagine how you coped.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:01 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
Car looks good! The *** job is hard to make out in the dark, but I'm positive it must look amazing, I am a huge fan of the CS rear ends lol.

Glad you got the ride back, I get antsy when I can't drive my car for more than a few days. Can't imagine how you coped.
Thank you both. Beyond antsy and I forgot just how much I love driving...

I'll be taking pictures tomorrow when it's light outside and hopefully doing a full wash and detail on Sunday and maybe a little photo shoot with my digital.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:49 PM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

Glad you finally got your car back after your ordeal. Its cool you got a brand spanking new engine too. Throw a blower on that thing and enjoy for many miles to come.

Please post about your HID install, it is something I woould like to do come spring.

Nice to see you're back in action
Old 01-19-2013, 04:21 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Very happy for you Wade. I have been wondering what happened to your whole blown engine deal. So the insurance company paid for the issue or what?
Old 01-19-2013, 05:33 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by drfister
Glad you finally got your car back after your ordeal. Its cool you got a brand spanking new engine too. Throw a blower on that thing and enjoy for many miles to come.

Please post about your HID install, it is something I woould like to do come spring.

Nice to see you're back in action
Thanks drfister. Being back in the cockpit really makes me appreciate what I have but I do want more. I'm still fighting an emotional urge to save and just do an entire 4.6 or maybe a 5.0 conversion buying components over the next year or two starting with the 8.8 rear but idk... if I were to go blown, a Vortech or Paxton would be in the cards since I do a lot of highway driving and I don't want to see a huge impact on my mpgs (roots sc would just make me want to get on it all the time haha).

Edit: Yes, I will let ya know how the HID install goes. I plan on taking pictures and possibly doing a write up though it looks pretty simple after studying the wiring diagram.

Last edited by MadStang40; 01-19-2013 at 05:37 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:36 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Very happy for you Wade. I have been wondering what happened to your whole blown engine deal. So the insurance company paid for the issue or what?
Well thank you sir. Yes, the insurance finally came through and paid for all of the repairs including the ruined rear bumper and it's paint and the fix to the chin on the underside of the front bumper due to the tow line.

Ever see a rental car bill exceeding $3k?
Old 01-19-2013, 06:09 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Congrads Wade...that's one for the good guys.
Enjoy being back in the saddle again!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:31 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Mayo, I absolutely will! She's only a six, but wow does she sound leagues better than that puny inline 4 in the Escape...

More Iphone pics from this morning. I really need to get those cans lifted on Monday.

Name:  photo6_zps762118de.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  88.6 KB
Name:  photo8-1_zps869b4fc6.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  85.7 KB
Name:  photo7-1_zps5abf5315.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  83.2 KB

Quick Reply: She's back home!