Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am torn and can't decide...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 05:54 AM
Sunfire186

Default I am torn and can't decide...

So I am shopping around the Houston area for a Mustang GT 4.6L 2005-2010. I have come across two really good potential prospects but I am torn between the two and really need some help to decide with pros and cons. Would love the community's input and help listing anything else that would be a pro/con for each.

2009 Mustang GT - 45th Anniversary - $19000
VS.
2007 Ford Mustang GT Supercharged - $16000

I am torn because I am going to be taking a loan on the car and I am still in school so not working part time. So the cost of gas and maintenance as well as possible future upgrades are something I want to consider. And the car will be my only car, so it will be a daily driver.

The Red 2009
Pros:
Newer Year
Almost Half the Mileage
Upgraded Exhaust
Hurst Shifter
Amazing Look and Flashy Red Paint
Possibly Better Gas Mileage due to not using a Supercharger
Cons:
Cost More
Single Toned Interior
Less Power due to no Supercharger

The Blue 2007
Pros:
Saleen Supershaker Supercharger
Racing Suspension
Beautiful Two-Tone Interior
Cheaper/Will Own it Sooner
Cons:
No Hurst Shifter
No Upgraded Exhaust System just X Piping
Higher Mileage
Less MPG due to Supercharger while cruising/daily driving
More Wear and Tear on the Engine due to the Supercharger
Exterior Color finish looks a little more dull than the Red one's Finish (Looks very glossy and nice)

Overall I prefer the color Blue to Red, I like both colors, but blue is preferred. However like I said I am a full-time student that works part-time and if the Supercharger is going to cause me to bleed my wallet for funds, I don't know that it is worth it for now. With the red one their is the option of adding a Supercharger or Turbocharger down the road, even though I would rather not have to spend the extra $4-6k down the road for one. Plus I really really love the two-tone interior of the blue one. I am literally torn between the two of them...

(Correct me if I am wrong, but just having the X-Pipe is not a full exhaust system upgrade correct? So the blue one's exhaust isn't fully upgraded, right?)

Any thoughts, ideas, additional pros/cons would be appreciated. Settling on one of them this weekend. Going to see the Red one tonight and the Blue one on Friday. Again, input is appreciated! And which would you choose and why?

Thanks Guys!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:18 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

i'de get the red one..original is best for me..
Old 02-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Dawghouse
2nd Gear Member

The Red one looks like it was better taken care of.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:42 AM
S stang
1st Gear Member

Default Witch one??

I think the red one ,should last longer cheaper overall in the long run .you can upgrade after you are out of school 06 gt lots of go fast parts,handling and other. Takes time to get it where you want it. P.s.class winer in autox many times. S stang.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

By 2009 a lot of the big quality issues like water leak , spark plugs, etc were better understood and addressed. For that reason I would go later. Search the TSB database.

Not to say most pre-2009 have issues, it's just playing the odds or being better prepared for what to look for in an older model.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:15 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

09 for sure. That car has been taken care of properly. It's obvious. More tasteful mods also in my opinion. The 09 won't have the maintenance issues that the 07 will have either.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:20 AM
Sunfire186

Thanks for all the input guys, if anyone has any more would still be appreciated.

Even though I like the blue one's two-tone interior and other things a lot, I have been gravitating towards the Red 09 since I saw it. I just wanted to make sure my feelings were justified and I wasn't letting some gem pass by for the other.

Going to see the red one tonight and take it for a test drive! Super excited!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:23 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

I would go with the red one. I just glanced at the pictures of the blue one, it looks like it has not been cared for nearly as well as the red Mustang. Also, with a supercharger on a vehicle, I would be willing to bet that those are 39K HARD miles. Not to say that a stock vehicle can't be driven just as hard, but the supercharger just screams to me that this person drove the heck out of that car. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:30 AM
kawasakiguy
2nd Gear Member

Pass on the supercharger one, the weaker motors is why I didn't want the 05-10
Old 02-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Speed Buggy

I know its not what you want to hear, but if I were you, and still in school...just buy some beater honda or something to get you around. Steer clear of the loans and debt until you work full time after you finish school.

Quick Reply: I am torn and can't decide...