Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something for CCW permit holders.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 07:50 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Would behind the center console, facing the back work well for the right-handers? You'd have to be very careful not to drag the boom-end across the passenger, if you had one.

I'm a lefty, so in the door slot is easy.

Really, it's the easiest place to access. Any scenario where you might need one quickly would generally involve very close range (car jacking . . .), and in that even you should be good enough with your off-hand to defend. The door locations is especially good in that scenario because you can access it without someone seeing, either while in the car, or as you open the door to get out.

Another option would be something hanging off the front seat, between your legs, either stapled or bolted to the front, gun pointing either straight down, or angled slightly for easier draw. Only issue there is if you had to draw quickly/defensively, you have to cross yourself with the barrel (near the knee) to do so.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:34 PM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Would behind the center console, facing the back work well for the right-handers? You'd have to be very careful not to drag the boom-end across the passenger, if you had one.

I'm a lefty, so in the door slot is easy.

Really, it's the easiest place to access. Any scenario where you might need one quickly would generally involve very close range (car jacking . . .), and in that even you should be good enough with your off-hand to defend. The door locations is especially good in that scenario because you can access it without someone seeing, either while in the car, or as you open the door to get out.

Another option would be something hanging off the front seat, between your legs, either stapled or bolted to the front, gun pointing either straight down, or angled slightly for easier draw. Only issue there is if you had to draw quickly/defensively, you have to cross yourself with the barrel (near the knee) to do so.
It could work, I think you would just have to work with it maybe. It seems kind of awkward because you would have to turn so much to get it. I like this saddle bag because its right there by me leg and easy to get at.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:59 PM
yellowneck86
2nd Gear Member

I recommend this
Old 02-26-2013, 08:31 PM
JFitz
2nd Gear Member

I've been thinking of something under the steering wheel or between my right leg and the dash.

I carry a little Sig P230SL so it's not hard to hide, I'd just like it out of sight but in reach in case something happens. I have no problem with further securing the pistol if I'm parking for long periods (nothing a rag won't hide either).

I was thinking of maybe drilling a couple holes to mount a canvas strap on a couple cap head screws. Then just clip my holster through the strap. Out of the way, in reach.

I dunno, leary to start drilling holes on anything automotive related.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:43 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JFitz

I dunno, leary to start drilling holes on anything automotive related.
Wouldn't sweat it too much. It's how half the car is put together .