Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger Help: Roush, Whipple, or Kenne Bell?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 01:51 PM
blk07gt
2nd Gear Member

Default Supercharger Help: Roush, Whipple, or Kenne Bell?

Hey guys, i am looking at getting a blower, blower cams, and LTs soon. I had been talking with Brenspeed about getting the Saleen blower when i was informed that it was not available and may no longer be being manufactured. so this leaves me at a fork in the road... option 1) try to find one elsewhere and/or piece together a kit. option 2) roush tvs 2300 supercharger. option 3) whipple supercharger. option 4) Kenne Bell. I tell myself "im not going to build the motor" but we all know how that goes... always wanting more power. but i would like to push as much as i can safely, tuned on stock motor. as far as the budget goes, i have enough saved to be able to afford whatever it takes as far as the blower, cams, and exhaust. i just want to do it right the first time and not have to go back and re-do anything. ideally i would like the option to be able to push more power down the line if i want. but as for now im wanting around 480whp tune
i know that any of them will work if im staying on a stock motor. i would like to know any drawbacks to any of them. also which one is typically the loudest, and if anyone knows what they max out at?
any info, opinions, or positives and negatives with advice on which way i should go about this decisions is greatly appreciated. thanks guys
Old 03-04-2013, 02:04 PM
GT500Steve
4th Gear Member

The TVS gets my vote. Thats what I am running on my GT500 (slight changes made to it by VMP, but still the Eaton 2.3TVS) and it is a great blower. The main advantage is the tq it will produce over the whipple or KB. The other 2 are still good options, but I think the TVS will be more fun to drive and perform the best also. With the right porting, fuel system, pulley, etc... they are capable of over 800rwhp, so have fun.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:20 PM
blk07gt
2nd Gear Member

thanks Steve, thats the one i was leaning towards because i have heard good things about them.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:36 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

The Roush TVS unit is a very well put together set up. You'll be very happy.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:49 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

When I was at Brenspeed last, they had a great TVS kit for the three valve. They are getting great numbers from them.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:03 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I'd get the tvs too. I like the way they engineered that blower. I would add the gt500 fuel pumps if the kit doesn't come with them.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:59 PM
blk07gt
2nd Gear Member

Does the single belt compared with the dual belt option matter that much?
Old 03-05-2013, 11:01 AM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

The TVS is the first choice. Another option that makes 450rwhp easy is a m122 GT500 blower. Complete kits are available but many choose to buy piecemeal as it saves a few bucks and they get exactly the parts they want and not what someone else decides to offer a real problem with most kits. DOB site and check their forum for complete kits.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

All of them have their ups and downs. I'd take a Whipple or TVS over the Kenne Bell. The Kenne Bell runs HOT.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:53 AM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

I have the TVS on my 4.6 and I love it, with a dynotune and good exhaust you'll make 480 no problem, I'm making about 450 on the conservative Ford tune. The Kenne Bell is sick, maybe a little too over the top for a dd in my opinion. Sometimes I wish my car sounded like a cat in a vacuum cleaner, but the TVS puts out a nice whine when you get on the pedal, and it's pretty subtle when you want to be.

Just make sure you intercool it and put on a catch can the first day!!!

Quick Reply: Supercharger Help: Roush, Whipple, or Kenne Bell?