Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member, 1st car!

Old 03-21-2013, 11:08 AM
young_mustang

Default New Member, 1st car!

Hi all! I've been lingering for a while just reading and learning but decided to finally post and hopefully one day be able to contribute. I am 18 years old from Pennsylvania, I joined the Army Reserves and was gone for 7 months. I came home in February and I saved most of my money and I bought this '05 V6 convertible for $7300 which came with very clean leather interior, new rims and tires, he said a custom grill(?), all the service maintenance reports, the carfax, and the original tires and stock rims. The mileage is higher (102k) than I originally wanted, but I've been looking for one since I got home and this was the best price, and I bought it from a shop and I trust them and they just inspected and serviced it, so I feel confident about the car. But what reassured me is some folks on this form said that a mustang can last 200k+ miles if you take care of the car.

The car is very, very clean, I am the 3rd owner, last owner was a lawyer and put 80k of the miles on it and also was in the military, so that helped me save some $$$. But he sold it through his auto shop and that's how I found it. It's nothing too special but it's my first car that I paid for all by myself so, it's pretty special to me. I was thinking about throwing a spoiler on it, but the more I look at it, the more I like the no spoiler look!

Future plans:
I think cosmetically it would look cool if all parts or trim i added would be black to balance out the black top and silver paint. Let me know if this would look dumb or stupid or if you have done it please post a link or some pictures! And what i mean is like a black hood scoop, black rocker panels on the side, and maybe, just maybe a black spoiler.. I already bought a magnetic black rear panel between the tail lights! Please give me some opinions on this! I also would like to add a CAI but i am not too knowledgeable on cars so i have a friend who is going to show me the ropes. I also would like to add an exhaust, but my family looks down upon loud cars, and quite frankly i love a low roar from a car as long as it doesn't sound like a rice burner.

Sorry for the long post, I am just excited and it's my first car! Here is the pictures, and like everyone else's pictures they just dont do justice to the car, i was amazed when i saw it in person for the first time.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:36 AM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

That's a great looking ride! You have the V6 Pony Package grille. Black highlights on a silver car look very good, and there's far too many spoilers to choose from, so just start shopping and see what you like best! As far as cold air intakes, don't buy one that doesn't require a tune. It won't do anything for you. If you want to go that route, make sure you get a handheld tuner as well.

There's a lot of military folks here as well (myself being one), welcome to the Military Mustang family!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:22 PM
young_mustang

Originally Posted by CMcNam
That's a great looking ride! You have the V6 Pony Package grille. Black highlights on a silver car look very good, and there's far too many spoilers to choose from, so just start shopping and see what you like best! As far as cold air intakes, don't buy one that doesn't require a tune. It won't do anything for you. If you want to go that route, make sure you get a handheld tuner as well.

There's a lot of military folks here as well (myself being one), welcome to the Military Mustang family!
Thank you for the warm welcome and compliments! Ah, okay that would make sense, i wasnt aware about the pony package, that's pretty cool! I am reading up on tuners and CAI and everyone said make sure you get a CAI that requires a tune. I am such a noob when it comes to this kind of stuff so i am slowly starting to understand the whole tuning concept. I am just trying to figure out what brand, ive read so much about bama, AED, steeda, and others it would be hard to choose from.

I did notice a lot of military guys on here, its good to be around them even more than i am.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:26 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Looks like the car was taken very good care of. I have also heard the V6 models do last a bit longer than the V8's as far as miles go.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:37 PM
young_mustang

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
Looks like the car was taken very good care of. I have also heard the V6 models do last a bit longer than the V8's as far as miles go.
It really has been, it's a beauty. I just hope this will last me a couple years. Also, i know there is some tension (from what I've read on this forum) about V6's and V8's and certain modifications, i wanted a V8, but at 18 years old with insurance and gas, and im still working part time, the V6 was the smarter route for me, and hopefully one day i will get that V8 'stang.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:45 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

looks great. i started out with a v6 too. cant beat a convertible, so much fun to drive. eventually you'll get that v8, and a manual too!
Old 03-21-2013, 01:10 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by young_mustang
It really has been, it's a beauty. I just hope this will last me a couple years. Also, i know there is some tension (from what I've read on this forum) about V6's and V8's and certain modifications, i wanted a V8, but at 18 years old with insurance and gas, and im still working part time, the V6 was the smarter route for me, and hopefully one day i will get that V8 'stang.
You made the right choice. Don't worry about the V6-V8 thing, just do what makes you happy and screw everyone else's opinion. There's too many people who go out and buy what they can't afford at a young age and it hurts them in the long run. Keep us posted on what you do and definitely utilize the V6 section, there's a ton of knowledge there and you'll be an expert in no time!
Old 03-21-2013, 01:15 PM
kawasakiguy
2nd Gear Member

Good looking car, welcome to the herd.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:41 PM
SLVRSTNG06
2nd Gear Member

Congrats! Gotta love these cars in silver. Keep up the maintenance and she will run past 200k. As far as spoilers go I have the stock gt500 on my car and love it.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:32 PM
20binafd
1st Gear Member

I like your black bullitt rims. Also keep working toward a v8, you won't regret it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Member, 1st car!