Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steeda and Bama installed

Old 04-10-2013, 03:46 PM
BairdGT
2nd Gear Member

Default Steeda and Bama installed

Received my intake and tuner yesterday morning and installed them in the afternoon.

Current mods:
roush axleback
Steeda 101mm intake
Bama 91 performance tune
(didnt install the 91 race as wanted nice gain with less risk of something going wrong at first.. will eventually test out the race tune)

I have to say I am exteremly satisfied so far, what a difference I was expecting a nice gain but the difference at 3000rpm is like night and day

not to mention before the intake/tuner a fillup would give me 487km to E and after intake and tuner installed now 583km to E.

absolute thumbs up on Bama and Steeda combo.

Posted from MustangForums.com App for Android
Old 04-11-2013, 07:25 AM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

Doesn't seem to me you have had this installed long enough to really see how the gas mileage shakes out??
Old 04-11-2013, 09:25 AM
TomKat
3rd Gear Member

I'm interested too see later results of this set up. but congrats enjoy!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:35 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BairdGT
Received my intake and tuner yesterday morning and installed them in the afternoon.

Current mods:
roush axleback
Steeda 101mm intake
Bama 91 performance tune
(didnt install the 91 race as wanted nice gain with less risk of something going wrong at first.. will eventually test out the race tune)

I have to say I am exteremly satisfied so far, what a difference I was expecting a nice gain but the difference at 3000rpm is like night and day

not to mention before the intake/tuner a fillup would give me 487km to E and after intake and tuner installed now 583km to E.

absolute thumbs up on Bama and Steeda combo.

Posted from MustangForums.com App for Android
Baird,

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your Bama tune and CAI! You're definitely going to love the Race tune as well and it's perfectly save to run.

Please let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
Old 04-11-2013, 10:32 AM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

BairdGT,

Congrats on the purchase ... the Steeda CAI is a very good design that will provide not only power, but look under the hood.

You will see your gas mileage go down due to fun of the tune & intake!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 04-11-2013, 11:19 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Nice! 2,500 RPM - 3,200 RPM is my sweet spot!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:27 PM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

I will be going with the Steeda and BAMA tune combo in about a month. I can't wait to feel the difference in power that it will make. I will also be going to a straight pipe axle back. Haven't decided what brand yet.

Did you go with a ghost tune by any chance?
Old 04-11-2013, 03:51 PM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

Any reason your Not using the Steeda tune with the Steeda cai.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:16 AM
BairdGT
2nd Gear Member

CFR865: I did multiple searches on google between Steeda and Bama and from everything I could find and reviews (the good and the bad), I had decided to go with Bama.

Dean Martin: Since the install I've gone through 2 tanks of gas (yes 2 tanks in 3 lol) offered to help friends run errands as I wanted to see how gas mileage in the city aswell as took a roadtrip up to the lake to compare highway (currently here). I had 1774km on the vehicle when installed i'm sitting at 2747km (973km). Must also make a note i've done atleast a dozen 1/4 mile runs with track apps so that has not been healthy on my mileage lol

I also have my winter tires on since this province I live in has the worst weather pattern ever.. best 1/4m with track apps before intake/tune was 13.0s 112mph (2200ft elevation) and my best after intake/tune is 13.1s 111mph (same elevation) however I can't stop the tires from spinning through 1st and 2nd so can't really complain with that amount of spin i'm still keeping pace to before times where I'd only spin a tiny bit off the launch

TJ@Steeda: Love the intake, easy install even without taking the engine cover off (have the strut tower bar from factory) and didn't feel like taking it off.

Kevinmalec: Mine is around the 3000rpm mark as soon as I hit 3000rpm it feels like night and day compared to before the tune.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:17 AM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for sharing some more details on gas mileage.

I hope to tune soon and am hoping to see a bit of improvement when cruise is locked on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Steeda and Bama installed