Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #11
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 Ford Mustang GT
DLAzrael43 DLAzrael
Send a message via AIM to dlazrael Send a message via Yahoo to dlazrael

Side note, where at in RI are you? I'm from Newport (born and raised) but now live in MD... I'll actually be heading up for a week around memorial day holiday (the big .gov approved my leave for that holiday!)
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Go Fast Parts: 2.3L W140AX FRPP Whipple 550 HO Supercharger, PCV Delete, Pypes Violators Axleback, MAC Prochamber, FRPP 62mm Polished TB
Suspension: Steeda: Front/Rear Sways, Sport Springs, Pro-Action S/S, Chromoly LCA, Chromoly UCA, GT500 Strut Mounts
Driveline:Steeda Tri-Ax, DSS 4" Aluminum DS
Show:GT500 Spoiler, GT500 Chinstrap (awaiting install), GTS-IV Hood
dlazrael is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:06 AM   #12
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT Premium, 5 Speed

Congrats man...!!
My B326 Stroker is just in and waiting for a dyno.
B326 (5.3L)Forged Stroker, FRPP CNC Ported Heads,Kooks LT,1pc Alum DS,4:10Gears,HotRod Cams, FRPP 62mm Throttle Body,Whipple-HO Intercooled SC,15 PSI,GT500 Dual Fuel Pumps,Mcleod RXT Twin Disk Clutch,Steeda 10 Rib Belt Drive Syst, Moroso 7qt pan,Tremec T56 Magnum
685 RWHP/699 RWTQ Mustang Dyno
07 GT E UPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #13
slickman
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang GT

On their website. Just the short block is $5,000. Kind of pricy.
slickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:54 AM   #14
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ford Mustang GT

Back in the '80's we used to race late models (asphalt circle track). I had a couple $12k 358 sbc's that didn't make the power that this does.

If the 326 is too much dollar-wise, Brenspeed also sells the internals for a forged 302 - all the good stuff, Kellogg crank, CP Pistons (made by Carillo - ever heard of Carillo rods? Some of the best made), Manley rods. But then you are looking at a lot of machine work and assembly cost.

Pretty much anyway you cut it, a forged short block isn't cheap, no matter where you get it.
E-Force /2.75” Pulley - IW 18% OD Balancer
ID 725 Injectors
Comp Cams 127450's
GT500 Dual Fuel Pumps w/ dual VMP boosters
Fluidyne Aluminum Radiator
AFCO Heat Exchanger w/ fans
Dad's Intercooler tank
Kooks 1 5/8” Headers, Green Cats, H-pipe
PI 3200 rpm Converter
3.73 Gears
Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft
Strange Adj. Struts and Shocks
GT500 Brembo Brakes & BAER 14” Rotors

DYNOJET: 633 rwhp/623 rwtq (4/2/14)

jpplaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #15
slickman
5th Gear Member

I have been looking around and gathering info on them along with reputation of the source. Not putting down Brenspeed in any way. However JDM Eng and MMR performance sell forged short blocks with all top of the line stuff. JDM is about $4200 and MMR is $3300. All im saying is $5000 for a short block is pricy compaired to others out there that have just as good a track record.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:15 AM   #16
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 mustang gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickman View Post
I have been looking around and gathering info on them along with reputation of the source. Not putting down Brenspeed in any way. However JDM Eng and MMR performance sell forged short blocks with all top of the line stuff. JDM is about $4200 and MMR is $3300. All im saying is $5000 for a short block is pricy compaired to others out there that have just as good a track record.
MMR does not have a good reputation, sorry. JDM has had their problems in the past as well. DSS racing is another builder and they aren't without engine failures either.

whipple HO SC,FRPP k springs, Pypes mid mufflers, hurst, frpp TB, 4.10's, spohn lca's, adj. UCA, relo brackets, 1 piece DS, spec stg 3+ clutch. 12.52@117.6mph so far with a 2.01 60 ft time

Pumpkin jacking addict

Last edited by moosestang; 04-25-2013 at 07:58 AM.
moosestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #17
slickman
5th Gear Member

Every engine builder has had problems. Its all in the perception and how a few people post crap about them. MMR from whatvi have found has made good stuff. JDM IMHO is the best on the east coast. I have beat the snot out of my setup which they built. NO ISSUES. People should not state negitive crap unless they have facts not what they read on the internet. I go by people who had personal experance with a builder or tuner. Not he said she said.

What experance bad or good have you had with MMR , JDM or Brenspeed for that matter?

My point with my post was not putting down Brenspeed just that they are pricy and other alternatives are out there that are just as reliable / durable.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #18
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

Compare apples to apples when talking price. The JDM & MMR prices cited are not for326cid strokers built with new Boss 5.0 blocks. MMR has the option for that but it costs $1200 extra. Also, to have the same quality internal parts as the B326 it costs extra.

Once you compare like to like, the prices are pretty much the same.
ID 725 Injectors
Comp Cams 127450's
Dad's Intercooler tank
PI 3200 rpm Converter
3.73 Gears
GT500 Brembo Brakes & BAER 14” Rotors

DYNOJET: 633 rwhp/623 rwtq (4/2/14)

jpplaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #19
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 mustang gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickman View Post
Every engine builder has had problems. Its all in the perception and how a few people post crap about them. MMR from whatvi have found has made good stuff. JDM IMHO is the best on the east coast. I have beat the snot out of my setup which they built. NO ISSUES. People should not state negitive crap unless they have facts not what they read on the internet. I go by people who had personal experance with a builder or tuner. Not he said she said.

What experance bad or good have you had with MMR , JDM or Brenspeed for that matter?

My point with my post was not putting down Brenspeed just that they are pricy and other alternatives are out there that are just as reliable / durable.
I've never bought from jdm, but I've read plenty of posts by them and I don't like their attitude towards customers with problems.

MMR, what can I say, they have so many negative stories that it's staggering. I'm surprised they are still in business. Are all the failures their fault? It really doesn't matter to me, because i'd never buy an engine from them to save a few grand.

whipple HO SC,FRPP k springs, Pypes mid mufflers, hurst, frpp TB, 4.10's, spohn lca's, adj. UCA, relo brackets, 1 piece DS, spec stg 3+ clutch. 12.52@117.6mph so far with a 2.01 60 ft time

Pumpkin jacking addict
moosestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #20
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

I did not mean to start a big debate about which engine builder is best. Just sharing my experience, which was great. Like I said, there may be other short blocks out there that may be just as good and/or cheaper. I have nothing against JDM, they build some good stuff and I have dealt with them before (and they are alot closer to me) - but there is no replacement for displacement, which is why I went with a 326.

I am totally satisfied with the B326 build, just as I have always been with everything I have gotten from Brenspeed. This was the first time I ever had them install anything, as I usually do it myself. But when it came down to installing basically a whole brand new engine, I just don't have the facilities anymore to do it (plus this is my daily driver and I can't have it down too long). Great customer service is rare these days, and Brenspeed has always delivered for me.
ID 725 Injectors
Comp Cams 127450's
Dad's Intercooler tank
PI 3200 rpm Converter
3.73 Gears