MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (http://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005 - 2014 Mustangs (http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   So this week, I ordered... (http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/694293-so-this-week-i-ordered.html)

kdryan 04-28-2013 05:07 PM

So this week, I ordered...
 
...with much eye-rolling from the wifey:

Raxiom Retro Style Headlights

I thought about just having my stock headlight buckets painted and leaving the plastic off, but these look a lot cleaner. Has anyone else tried these out?

Kevin

07GrabU 04-28-2013 05:22 PM

lol at your wife rolling her eyes. My wife doesn't even flinch when I tell her I got something new

CPTCO 04-28-2013 05:23 PM

"You spent how much in headlights? Doesn't your car already have headlights?"

That's what my wife would say.

sbradle4 04-28-2013 07:00 PM

My wife asked me when I will be finished "doing stuff" to my mustang... :icon_playing:

jbrinkley0826 04-28-2013 07:18 PM

lol, funny, I'm not married. I do have a gf who has lived with me for several years. Might as well be married, but anyway.... she's the same way, only I always show her pictures on other cars before I order anything. She always likes what I show her and a few days later it shows up on the door..... I'll usually get a look, but she doesn't say anything. I just smile and start opening up the goodies. :-)

vixr 04-28-2013 10:25 PM

I had the entire suspension lying on the floor with 3800 miles on them, and my wife said "you took off new parts to install new parts?"...shakes her head and asks "whats wrong with you?"

BleedinBlue 04-28-2013 10:30 PM

My woman stated recently that "she gets it" now. She said she didn't at first, but now she understands. Even when car shopping last week, when we were considering getting a Jeep instead of another Mustang, she kept saying that she didn't want me to give up my Mustang for a car I wouldn't modify.

JB04GT 04-28-2013 10:43 PM

Not a fan of those lights. Stock looks better IMO.

2005Redfire6 04-28-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrinkley0826 (Post 8203248)
lol, funny, I'm not married. I do have a gf who has lived with me for several years. Might as well be married, but anyway.... she's the same way, only I always show her pictures on other cars before I order anything. She always likes what I show her and a few days later it shows up on the door..... I'll usually get a look, but she doesn't say anything. I just smile and start opening up the goodies. :-)

Pretty much the same deal with me lol.

OP, I think they look good! Be sure to post pictures.

dennisafrompa 04-29-2013 06:52 AM

I like them....
 
1 Attachment(s)
...here they are on my Bullitt. I never checked with my wife! But then again I'm 70 and both of us pretty much do as we like.:-)

So_Cali 04-29-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbradle4 (Post 8203233)
My wife asked me when I will be finished "doing stuff" to my mustang... :icon_playing:

I chuckled a little too much on this one lol short answer: NEVER!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennisafrompa (Post 8203452)
...here they are on my Bullitt. I never checked with my wife! But then again I'm 70 and both of us pretty much do as we like.:-)

These look awesome on your car!

I wanted to order these when they first came out but, AM said they weren't compatible with HID's. Decided I was just gonna try to paint mine myself with some hi-temp paint.

AMWill 05-01-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdryan (Post 8203125)
...with much eye-rolling from the wifey:

Raxiom Retro Style Headlights

I thought about just having my stock headlight buckets painted and leaving the plastic off, but these look a lot cleaner. Has anyone else tried these out?

Kevin

Kevin,

Not sure if you ended up already purchasing these or not... I think they give a clean unique look to any S197. We had them on our 2007 GT and now I feel it looks weird without them! I'm sure they'll be back on in no time, but we're always test fitting something.

Anyways, you have my vote!

Shane

kdryan 05-01-2013 01:22 PM

Sitting on my front porch waiting for me to go out and get them as we speak. :)

Thanks, Shane...

redrader26 05-01-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdryan (Post 8205127)
Sitting on my front porch waiting for me to go out and get them as we speak. :)

Thanks, Shane...

I have found that the evil death stare isn't quite as bad if I inflate the price when I bring it up. It plays out something like this - "Hey babe, I got these new headlights and they cost $600". <Evil Death Stare>. "Just joking, they were $350". <Rolls Eyes and leaves the room. I don't even mention until I buy it already, maybe that is part of the problem :icon_shrug:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.