Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #11
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 V6 Coupe

If you can afford it, replace them all, but at a minimum replace both of the fronts. As long as you're replacing them, you may as well get something better than OEM as well. I agree with the suggestion to get the Koni's.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

My 2012 427w Shelby Tribute
jsimmonstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:30 PM   #12
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Sonic Blue V6
Remember Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6 View Post
Good thing you only have stock ones which might explain it could be blown. I would go ahead and replace them all. If you want a better stock replacement go with the Koni SRT.Ts they aren't that expensive and are a nice upgrade from the stock ones. They are the ones I run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimmonstx View Post
If you can afford it, replace them all, but at a minimum replace both of the fronts. As long as you're replacing them, you may as well get something better than OEM as well. I agree with the suggestion to get the Koni's.
Well, it wasn't the struts...

I just got a call from the body shop and my left front spring is snapped. I had Steeda lowering springs. Damn...
It's like building a howitzer that also shoots BBs just so you can use it around the house.
4LiterSonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #13
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LiterSonic View Post
Well, it wasn't the struts...

I just got a call from the body shop and my left front spring is snapped. I had Steeda lowering springs. Damn...
I've never heard of a spring snapping on these cars, here comes a big stink about Steeda springs!!!
Old 04-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #14
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Remember Reach

What do I do? Call them? I'm at a complete loss right now, I can't believe that it snapped. I'm gonna ask if I can get a picture or something.
It's like building a howitzer that also shoots BBs just so you can use it around the house.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #15
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: '08 S197 GT

It broke? Never heard of a spring breaking....Was it cracked or a clean break? Definitely get pictures.

Yes, Call Steeda, I don't know what their warranty is but at the very least it should cover replacement of the broken part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoyz View Post
if you are getting 29mpg in your 5.0, you aren't driving it correctly
Derf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #16
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Remember Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf00 View Post
It broke? Never heard of a spring breaking....Was it cracked or a clean break? Definitely get pictures.

Yes, Call Steeda, I don't know what their warranty is but at the very least it should cover replacement of the broken part.
I borrowed a friend's car to get to the shop so I can take pictures. I'll post them soon. The guy is making it sound like it's a clean break.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #17
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

I am sure they will replace it, that could have been a lawsuit if you were going down the interstate and that popped causing you to wreck.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #18
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008, V6, PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kput View Post
lolol, right?

ain't no way in hell I'd pay a tow truck before I got my hands dirty and saved the trouble.
You definitely would if you lived in an apartment/townhouse with communal parking. I know mine actually has rules against doing any medium/heavy car maintenance in the lots or porticos.

OP that is crazy man, I'm guessing a defective part? It could happen I guess. I would suggest you get steeda to replace all 4 of them for you! Like others said, if that one is defective, what if another one shears/snaps while you're doing like 80mph on the interstate. That could very well mean serious damage to your car.

I would get pics of your own along with your mechanic's pics. Take pics of the entire strut assembly and the area behind the wheel (on both sides) just in case as well. Steeda will probably want all the info they can get for something like this.

Steeda CAI, 91 tune, GT axle-backs w/ H-pipe, P/P stock TB. Dinosaurs!
aaquib1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #19
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

1) always replace struts in pairs.

2) I'd have tried the space saver spare to get the car to the shop.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #20
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Vehicle: 2011 3.7 Premium

Damn this is a first. Ive never seen a spring break without alot of stress added to them. Curious on the pics.

Matthew

2011 Coupe - 3.7 Premium - BAMA tune, AirRaid CAI, GT500 spoiler, staggered AMR 20's, BMR PHB & LCAs. Eibach springs, and sways, Raxiom Navi, Roush axlebacks, BBK headers
Matt's 95 Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:28 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement