Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I have an inferiority complex with my car

Old 05-02-2013, 03:49 PM
WesleyEng.com
2nd Gear Member

You need flowmasters
Old 05-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andy13186
can 10.5 wide rims even fit on the front without issues? I wouldn't think so. mabe im wrong though.
With the right offset and the right tires and camber that's more negative than anything Ford accepts, probably yes. Terry Fair ran 18 x 11's up front on a 2011 with everything under the fenders at last year's SCCA Solo Nationals.

Needless to say, there isn't much "wiggle room" left for small dimensional differences anywhere, so you may be in it for custom rims if you don't want the wheels and tires sticking out past the sheetmetal.

18 x 10 all around is easy by comparison.

Norm
Old 05-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Joenpb
2nd Gear Member

I've had my car for 2.5 years and it still turns heads. In part because my Bassani mufflers sound terrific on the v6, and because I maintain a nice shine on the car.

If your problem is you're just used to it, or that there are more modern cars that are quicker/faster, I can almost assure that will always be the case (especially in So Cal). That is also why many traded away their old GTs for a new 5.0s.

I've been thinking about moving up, but the reality of the situation is my car is about perfect as a daily driver. I might splurge for a garage queen, but when I do, it will most likely be a used Shelby, Corvette, or Porsche.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:04 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

The only time I really get a complex is when I see cars like the Koenigsegg Agera R, and all this does is make me challenge myself more. Anything less than this and I don't even think about it. I tell myself even when I get a car like that someday, I'll still have the Mustang that started it all (it'll just be fully built!).
Attached Thumbnails I think I have an inferiority complex with my car-koenigsegg-agera-r.jpg  
Old 05-02-2013, 08:06 PM
drewsky
3rd Gear Member

lower it! rides better and looks much more mean, i think these mustangs are monster trucks before they are dropped down. After a lowered mine I had it aligned, when the guy took it for a test drive he came back around the corner a few min later and I thought wow thats a nice looking stang! Didnt realize it was my own for a second there, so like everyone is saying... look from another angle!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:48 PM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andy13186
can 10.5 wide rims even fit on the front without issues? I wouldn't think so. mabe im wrong though.

also, do you have any issues with speedbumps/driveways with the sportlines?
You thought wrong. Lol
Name:  IMG_0027.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  141.3 KB

There are a couple guys on another forum I'm on running 10.5s, just need the right offset, looks killer. A 10" sq. setup can be done all day, I might push it to 10.5s though.

Only had one issue on a steep speed bump and I lightly scraped my Evap cover out back, barely. And it was only because of the A-hole stopped on the speed bump in the other lane so I couldn't take an angle. Other than that 0 problems.

Sorry for the thread jack OP.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

^ that car wouldnt go over my speedbumps i have some really bad steep ones in my condo association (7 actually it sucks). Ive scraped with steeda sport springs which are higher than those.

looks great though.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:42 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

That is dangerously low. Looks awesome but it wouldn't survive Maui's roads.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:46 PM
AJSpags
2nd Gear Member

Yeah OP, it's just because it's your mustang. I am the same way though, my mustang has come a pretty long way since I purchased it last year in Stock forum, but I still see other cars driving and think "that would be a fun car to own, instead of this". I actually have an appointment at 4pm today to test drive a new Mustang, but I decided to blow it off because I like the uniqueness of my current mustang. When you can buy a set of wheels (look on craigslist) and you will really like the look.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Wait till the 2015 "Fusion" look-alike Mustangs come out, you'll love your car!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I think I have an inferiority complex with my car