Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT
Default I think I have an inferiority complex with my car

This might sound weird, but I feel like I have an inferiority complex with my car...in other words, I'll see other cars around and think they look very nice, but then look at my own car and just think it looks plain/unnoticeable. It just doesn't seem like there's anything about it to grab any attention appearance-wise, except maybe the obviously not stock exhaust note.

Do I feel this way only because I see and drive my car every day? I have done some subtle exterior stuff (taillight tint, smoked markers) but not much in the way of appearance because I do like to be subtle and tend to spend money more towards performance. I'd like to do a little more exterior stuff but not sure what direction I want to go.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
C&L Racer, 93R Tune, SR UDP's, JBA ceramic LT's & catted shorty H, Magnaflow resonators, Hooker Aerochambers, Hurst Billet/Plus, "P" springs Spohn reloc brackets/lowers, J&M AL panhard bar, DIY brace, smoked markers/tail lights
ghunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
aleit2013

Vehicle: 2013 GT Premium

Yeah, its just because its yours bro. To the dude in the civic, you look like a rock star. Dont worry, just be happy with whatever you do to the car and make sure whatever money you toss at it is money well spent.
aleit2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang GT

Follow the 10 Commandment's, and you'd be ok....

Exodus 20:10 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor his mustang, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #4
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 4.6 gt with red leather

i was the same dude..up untill i saw my pride n joy v6 drive away today after i sold it..wow it looked awesome..let someone else drive ya stang and you'll see what i mean.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #5
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

get some wheels of your choice and lower it as much as you can safely for the area you drive it.
2011 5.0 6 speed manual BAMA tuned with 20x10.5 Forgestar f14's with 315/35/20 BFG Rivals, 19x9's with 275/40/19 Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position, Koni sport adjustable dampers, Steeda sport springs on the front, stock springs rear, Steeda 101mm CAI, UMI adjustable panhard bar, J&M Extreme joint LCA's, Strano adjustable front sway bar, Eibach camber bolts, Roush axleback
Andy13186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #6
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 4.6 gt with red leather

yep wheels transform ANY car.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
vixr
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang GT

a chin spoiler does it for me...

Eibach sportline kit, Boss 302 quad exhaust, BMR LCA, Boss 302 intake, BMR LCA re-locators, JLT carbon fiber CAI, BMR adj. panhard, FR 84.5 mm TB, Steeda adj. UCA, 302 strut brace, MM CC plates, Bama 93 octane race tune, RTR chin splitter, MMD louvers, Steeda functional spoiler
vixr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #8
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT

I agree with Rudolph. Wait until you see it driving around from the outside. Takes on a totally different perspective, makes you appreciate it much more.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #9
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 v6 Performance Package
Skatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker View Post
i was the same dude..up untill i saw my pride n joy v6 drive away today after i sold it..wow it looked awesome..let someone else drive ya stang and you'll see what i mean.

exactly. have someone else drive your car and you'll see exactly the perspective of others.

2013 v6 Performance Package
Airraid CAI 91 Tune
Roush Axlebacks
ST Coilovers
Exterior Mods
JayBeStangs94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #10
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Five-Oh Premium

When i get bored i ask my gf to take a drive with the car while ill follow with her civic, i alway tell her: go easy on it girl. First thing i see her do everytime she get on the highway, she pull it hard and even make the rear bounce on full throttle, damn italian girl, but i do love to see it pull away with the sick sound it do etc.
4.10, Steeda CAI/Tune, American Racing Long tube headers/Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow axle muffler, 07 svt rims painted black gloss, R1 Standard full adjustable Coilover, brembo upgrade..1 pcs driveshaft, all the bmr goodies.
mighted1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:25 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement