Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang
whosniffedme whosniffedme whosniffedme
Default Someone Backed Into my GTCS -_-

Hey all, been awhile since I posted. I realize this could possibly go in appearance, but I know that no one will ever see it in there!

Not sure if anyone knows this, but last year I moved to Austin to work at Circuit of the Americas. Well today, a big wig from a respected automobile manufacturer who I won't name (Porsche), backed a trailer hitch through my GTCS front bumper. I was mad, until I quickly realized that this means new front bumper! Woo! No more scratches from previous owner! There's just one thing I would like to ask my fellow Mustang enthusiasts; I know in the end it's my decision but I like to hear opinions.

The Roush front fascia costs roughly the same as the GTCS, and I'm thinking about going that route when I swap the bumper. So three things: do you think putting that on would depreciate the authenticity and value of my car, do you think douchebags would say I have a "fake" Roush, and lastly, which do you personally think looks better? Mind you I'm probably not getting the chin spoiler, I think he'd catch onto that... I'm just afraid it wouldn't look flush with my rocker panels without it. Thanks guys
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
whosniffedme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Kona Blue GT Premium

I don't think anyone who isn't a Mustang enthusiast will know that it's a Roush bumper... anyone who does will probably respect it... I know I would.

I don't think your GT/CS will depreciate due to a lack of "authenticity"... but like most cars, if you trade it in to a dealer one day, it might lose some value due to the non-stock equipment.

Good luck... I've been wanting to get over to the Circuit of the Americas... do they let you take your car onto the track? lol...

Don

BigDinTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Sonic Blue V6
Remember Reach

I have the GTCS so I'm biased but one of the big reasons I went with it instead of the Roush was because the Roush is so much lower. I already scrape on everything and I wouldn't want to risk having something even more agressive.
It's like building a howitzer that also shoots BBs just so you can use it around the house.
4LiterSonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #4
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

No lost respect and as long as you don't badge your car as a Roush, no one will say you're trying to fake one.

That said, without the Roush side skirts/maybe even rear bumper, I prefer the CS front over the Roush front anyway. The Roush front bumper does look killer...but as a package with everything else.

2011 Black on black GT/CS A6
BMR springs, LCA's, panhard, STR.Ts, GT500 AB.
BleedinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:50 AM   #5
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Great attitude after getting hit. I hope I am as calm as you if it ever happens to me. I think the Roush unit would look awesome. I would buy one myself if I was in your shoes.

06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, Afco Dual Fan HE, 4.10s,Truetrac, Detroit Rockers, DSS DS, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, Eibach Handling, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, J&M UCA/LCA, SS Lines/ EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2011 NHRA Sportsman Class Hawaii State Champion
12.23 @ 113 mph
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #6
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: early 2000, 1991, 2008

I would stick with the cs front as the roush covers, although look great, seem like everyone went to them, or the gt500 front, awhile back and are now everywhere. There arent many gt/cs fronts out there although with the price dropping on them more people are swapping over.

1991 2.3L I4
2000 3.8L V6
2008 4.6L V8
PNYXPRESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #7
07 Cervini
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 07 GT

I also will vote to keep the CS bumper. The roush bumper always looked to extend too far from the car.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #8
E_cox310
2nd Gear Member

Keep to CS bumper. Much cleaner look. I'm not the biggest fan of the roush bumper because it looks to busy for my taste. They both will look nice though. I just feel the roush front goes better when you have the whole kit

|Ford Racing| |Steeda| |Hurst| |Nitto| |Forgestar|
E_cox310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:45 AM   #9
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 BOSS 302
2012_CO_BOSS_302

If you like the Roush front bumper, I say go for it...lots of people take these opportunities (accidents) to make changes to their cars.

1 of 67 (Car Cover, Floor Mats, No Recaros)
#0614 of 1066 (Overall)

20x9 & 20x11 Gloss Black Forgrstar F14's l 255/35/20 & 305/30/20 Pirelli P-Zero Tires l Eibach Sportlines l BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar l Shorty Antenna (AntennaX.com) l Sound Pipe Delete (CoolTechLLC.com)
05 Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:45 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement