Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Mustang GT Factory alarm Help PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 02:21 AM
Melins GT

Default 06 Mustang GT Factory alarm Help PLEASE!!

I just got a 06 Mustang GT Premium with 67k on it and i just love this car!!
their is an aftermarket remote start system it maid buy Avital.
When you lock the doors or hit lock twice the horn should honk should it not?
I went to a ford dealer to find out what was up with the alarm system and when the seen that it had a aftermarket remote start system in it they did not want to touch anything else but if i were to have them install the factory remote start system then they would be able to look at the alarm??????
The dealer is blaming the alarm system problem on the remote start system!!
Well i took it to Car Toys in Portland Or. paid them close too $60. to look at it
and the told me that who ever installed the remote start messed some things up and all they could do at that point was to put a new alarm/remote start system in and they hit with a $849. price tag!!

I got a print out of the options this car has and it has the two motion sensors up by the interior overhead lights, the print out has the alarm as a
Security system (HNA) perimeter Alarm W/Intruder/Sensor (HNAAJ0)

For close to two weeks now i have dug all over the forums looking for info on the ford factory alarm system!

I have downloaded all that i can find on programming and resetting this ford alarm, to find out that the ford alarm is a Code alarm system and that there is a valet button some were but i cannot find that dam thing!!!
i was in hopes of reprogramming the factory alarm to get the motion sensors turned back on and the horn to honk when you locked the doors but no valet button so no go!

I ordered a New Python 5904 594 alarm system with remote start and key less entry and will start out with a new system!

Question !!

#1, How do you disable the factory alarm or can you leave it active with the new Python system?? If not were in the hell is the factory alarm system at??
it is not on the driver side kick panel or under the drive side dash the only thing there is the Avital remote start system!!

#2 Can you hook up the stock overhead motion sensors to the new python alarm system?? or is this a none compatible item??

I plan on installing the alarm system my self as looking at the way the remote start system was installed i think my kids could do a better job and i know i can!! that is wiring wise!!!

#3 Is there anything else i need to do to prep for the new Python alarm system?? i should say Directed Electronics system since the make most of the alarm systems out there Viper, Python, Clifford, Avital, Etc.

I am not trying to be cheap but after what i spent at the ford dealer then at car toys then to find out they were the one that installed the remote start system in the first place!! I just think i can do a better job and i do not think installing this system should not be to big of a pain! or is it???

So has anyone here installed a system like this?? is there any advice??

yup I'm an old man and still believe if you want something done right!! do it yourself!!!!

Thanks for any and all Advice!!
Bill
Old 05-07-2013, 09:36 AM
TheStigSC
2nd Gear Member

1. If you are getting a Python, put that remote on your key ring and take the Ford one off and put it in a safe place. The Factory alarm will still lock and unlock but you want to let the Python do everything.

2. Not sure what you are referring to here.

3. Unless you have done one before, I recommend letting someone install it for you. If you buy it from Best Buy, they will install it for free (and they have cheaper options than what you bought). These things can be very confusing to do and one small mistake can throw a lot off. It's a ton of wiring, trust me (I've done them, aftermarket and Toyota factory).

Good Luck.

PS: The dealer wasn't screwing with you, like I said above, these things can throw alot off with a small mistake. If anything, that aftermarket shop was probably overselling you when they said it would be $849 or nothing.

-Seth
Old 05-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Melins GT

As for question #2 the stock factory alarm has two motion sensor eye's up on the map light
i was just wondering if those could be connected to the new Python alarm system instead of the factory system?? or would it be better just to get a new motion sensor for the Python alarm??

as for the Python I got, it is only costing me $200 and not $799 plus $59 for a motion sensor!
there are other things that i really need to do for this car that is going to cost $$$$
so that is why i am thinking of doing the alarm myself
Old 05-07-2013, 01:29 PM
TheStigSC
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Melins GT
As for question #2 the stock factory alarm has two motion sensor eye's up on the map light
i was just wondering if those could be connected to the new Python alarm system instead of the factory system?? or would it be better just to get a new motion sensor for the Python alarm??

as for the Python I got, it is only costing me $200 and not $799 plus $59 for a motion sensor!
there are other things that i really need to do for this car that is going to cost $$$$
so that is why i am thinking of doing the alarm myself
Ahhhh ok I know what you are referring to now. I'm not sure if you could connect those. It would depend on if they had the kit wired to do so.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Melins GT

Well i do not wish to sound like a pain in the ***!
But is it OK not to disable the factory alarm?? car toys said it would be necessary to disable it! or there would be conflicts between the two! This i cannot see why it would be just two alarm systems and as for the remote start that has nothing to do with the alarm system!
Then there is the key less entry that can be tapped into as it is now with the remote start system.

But still i would like to know were the stock alarm system is at? But from what i have read on the posts, Is that the factory does not put the alarm in it is a dealer ad-don??
but the factory does put in the pats system but then there is them motion sensors up at the map light then when you roll down the wind and lock the door and wait a minute the reach in and open the door the horn starts going off! So to me that is a alarm system
so were or how do you get into the programming mode on the factory system??
do you have to take it to a ford dealer so they can use a vehicle communication module to program it?? i cannot find a valet switch and no one else i have taken it to can find one!!
so that is why i am here! Some one some were must have a 06 or XX year mustang that
has a factory alarm system and has gone down this road cus i cannot believe i am the first!! A sucker or a pain in the *** or a dweeb maybe but not the first!!
Were i live and were i have to park my car at work the cars get broken into allot!!! I have had my cars broken into 4 times now and this was the first thing my insurance agent is in demand of to get done on this car because he knows what i am going to UPGRADE this car too but that is over time when the $$$$ allows me to

I got one more Question and that is why a two piece drive shaft?? Do the make a one piece drive shaft replacement?? and is it a better way to go if so?? i would think a two piece drive shaft would rob horse power to the tires!

Anther question the tach wire does anyone know were this is at??
or can someone or does someone have a wiring diagram layout for a 06 mustang gt??
i cannot find one no were

Thanks
Old 05-08-2013, 01:49 AM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Melins GT
Well i do not wish to sound like a pain in the ***!
But is it OK not to disable the factory alarm?? car toys said it would be necessary to disable it! or there would be conflicts between the two! This i cannot see why it would be just two alarm systems and as for the remote start that has nothing to do with the alarm system!
Then there is the key less entry that can be tapped into as it is now with the remote start system.

But still i would like to know were the stock alarm system is at? But from what i have read on the posts, Is that the factory does not put the alarm in it is a dealer ad-don??
but the factory does put in the pats system but then there is them motion sensors up at the map light then when you roll down the wind and lock the door and wait a minute the reach in and open the door the horn starts going off! So to me that is a alarm system
so were or how do you get into the programming mode on the factory system??
do you have to take it to a ford dealer so they can use a vehicle communication module to program it?? i cannot find a valet switch and no one else i have taken it to can find one!!
so that is why i am here! Some one some were must have a 06 or XX year mustang that
has a factory alarm system and has gone down this road cus i cannot believe i am the first!! A sucker or a pain in the *** or a dweeb maybe but not the first!!
Were i live and were i have to park my car at work the cars get broken into allot!!! I have had my cars broken into 4 times now and this was the first thing my insurance agent is in demand of to get done on this car because he knows what i am going to UPGRADE this car too but that is over time when the $$$$ allows me to

I got one more Question and that is why a two piece drive shaft?? Do the make a one piece drive shaft replacement?? and is it a better way to go if so?? i would think a two piece drive shaft would rob horse power to the tires!

Anther question the tach wire does anyone know were this is at??
or can someone or does someone have a wiring diagram layout for a 06 mustang gt??
i cannot find one no were

Thanks
PM me your email address and I will email you the wiring sections for what year you want. There are 1 piece driveshafts made up for our Mustangs, but the 2 piece is stock. They are good up to just below 120 safely, but afterwards there have been reports of the caps coming out in the earlier S197s. Personally I've never had a problem but I don't put 400 hp to the ground either. lol

The auto start does require use of auto locks, so it is tied into the theft circuit. I can see why they say they have to disable it. As far as using the overhead sensors, if you want to spend the money to adapt them, then why not use them. You may have to build a harness to the *** (auto start system) but that wouldn't be a big thing for a good install shop. You can get a shop to install your equipment if it is new without much problem but you many not get more than an installers warranty. It might be worth it do go that route. Good luck.

Last edited by akdoggie; 05-08-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Exley

Ok I literally just finished putting a viper system in my 07 mustang. My car does NOT have the factory alarm.

All of the wiring is at the smart junction box. Big square thing in the passenger side kick panel.

You can just hook up the DEI alarm to the factory arm and disarm wires and it will arm and disarm the OEM alarm. That way you don't have to disable it.

I think the OEM alarm is under the glove box.

It was more of an undertaking than I originally thought it would be, but I like my new alarm.

If I were in your position, I would just buy an aftermarket system WITHOUT an alarm. This would add remote start, you could then use the aftermarket key fob and have the aftermarket system arm and disarm the OEM system. The factory alarm already monitors both doors, the trunk, the hood, interior motion, and tilt. What else were you looking for?

Oh and only the stock fob will honk the horn when you hit the button twice. The aftermarket system locking the doors is like hitting the button from the switch on the door.

Edit: I guess if you already have some sort of remote start this has already been addressed, but you need to bypass the passive anti theft system some how (chip in the key). I don't know what the previous installer did about this, but there are modules that the aftermarket system can talk to that get programmed like keys and splice into the wiring at the key switch. This sends a valid key signature to the cylinder when the car is remote started

Last edited by Exley; 05-08-2013 at 07:49 PM. Reason: More info
Old 05-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Melins GT

I have found out about the horn honk when you only use the ford remote only today from an installer of alarm system!
The reason i am getting jumpy about the stock alarm system is one the motion sensor inside up at the map lights they do not work! also today i jacked up the front of my GT then the Rear the car stereo/ alarm installer i talked to told me to do this then rock the car a bit to see if the alarm will go off (tilt sensor) well that does not work either!!
Then there are the punks that have been checking out my Mustang and then there are the fat asses at work that do not care if the slam there car door into your car!!

i have tried to get at least the motion sensor to work but no go, I have ordered two new ford remotes the other day since i only got the 1 remote and 1 key when i got the cars so when i get them i will try one to see if that will arm the tilt and motion sensor that is factory installed!!
Now i have had a few vehicles broken into a 2005 dodge 3500 4X4, A 1969 Chevy nova SS they tried to steal this one, but for the dog they did not get far and a 2008 Nissan Quest!! i do not know if any one here has ever had there car broken into or stolen? but too me it feels like i have been violated in a way and not being safe the dodge 4X4 had a factory alarm and that dam thing did not even give a whimper of a horn honk

So sense then i test all the factory alarm in the cars we buy and the Nissan sentra has almost the same setup as the mustang has found that out 2 years ago doing X-Mas shopping
25-30 years ago i never had to lock my car doors or my doors to are house but today???
if you do not have fort Knox on everything you have some people just think it is there GOD given right to just take it or damage the stuff you have because they don't have what you have work hard most of your life to get!!!! Does this sound about right???
This is my second Mustang (i should have never sold the first one i got!!) and i do not wish no harm to come to it or have it stolen!!
every place i have taken it to all they want is to upgrade the system and money wise $500 to $849 bucks

from what i have found on the Internet about ford alarms is there should be a way to program them but in reality you have to take them to a ford dealer to have them program them with a vehicle communication module

Any way i got a python 5904 all in one system and i am going to install that! I think if Exley is right and hook up the python system to the factory alarm arm and disarm system then is truth you would have two alarm system working on your car! right???

if you are right Exley and the alarm is on the pass side under the dash then what i have been told is wrong i will dig into this tomorrow!

i just got done putting fatmat in the truck and two layers of mass loaded vinyl in the trunk
the 1/8 inch mass loaded vinyl is the same stuff you get a home depot for under hard wood floor sound proofing but $60 cheaper and this is only good for the doors this is great on your doors!! As for the trunk i think if you use the blackjack stuff from home depot or from the Internet you will need 5 layers of this 1/8 inch stuff to get quite
i did 2 layers and that cut the noise from the trunk about almost 40%
i would like to find that sound deadener they use on my 06 mustang up on the firewall that looks to be at least 1/2 inch thick and i sure do not hear the engine when it is running do you??

but first things first the alarm i got to get this done!! right!!!! cus like most everyone here on this forum I too will be decking out my gt and hopping it up!!! just would not like some punks with with a pickup that has one of them hidden tow bars in the bed to hook up to my GT and as the movie goes Gone In 60 Seconds!!!!

what i will try to do here when i start this Python 5904 install is document it all and will try to post it here step by step just maybe the next guy or gal will not have to go through what i have!! but then we just have to tinker with are toys do we not???
and some were some time we all need some help!!!

oh ya the fatmat it does have a tar like smell to it at first i will let you all know how long it last!!! and no you do not have to cover every inch of your trunk with this stuff or any other like it just a 4x6 or 8 or a bit bigger patch on each metal panel!!! some youtube videos show guy covering every inch with this stuff and that is alot of added weight!!