Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #21
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808muscle View Post
My buddy was under my car recently and he commented that I didnt have a drip of oil anywhere under there, absolutely no leaks. 27k total miles 9k of those with a blower, over 250 passes down the quarter mile track. 5 trophies in two years why......because the car is so damn consistent because it was so well built.

Have no fear, drive the bitch and enjoy it.
Thats nothing mileage wise! But then again, where the hell can you drive far in Hawaii? Lol
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 05-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #22
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Roush 427R

I've got 69,000 miles on my 4.6 FI car, and it's been great. Drive it every day.

2008 Roush 427R #365
Vapor / Gray - 1 of 12
kenthicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:00 AM   #23
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang V6 to V8 Swap
Send a message via MSN to BWfVA

ok I know its not exactly the same engine, but its close, the Crown Vic PI which my department uses are the toughest engines I can imagine, I mean the people I work with, and cars, they beat them like a mule and run them hard.

A 4.6 Ford makes a Hemi or LS look bad.

He who says he has rice that flys, can also tell big lies
BWfVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:21 AM   #24
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6 View Post
Thats nothing mileage wise! But then again, where the hell can you drive far in Hawaii? Lol
You got that right!! LOL I only put about 3-4k miles a year on this car but theres a lot of racing going on.

06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, Afco Dual Fan HE, 4.10s,Truetrac, Detroit Rockers, DSS DS, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, Eibach Handling, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, J&M UCA/LCA, SS Lines/ EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2011 NHRA Sportsman Class Hawaii State Champion
12.23 @ 113 mph
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #25
adj86
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT
adj86

The is 4.6 tough. I've got 123K on the OD, I didn't start modding until 80-90K. The thing never missed a beat.

2005 Mineral Grey Mustang GT (auto)
JLT CAI w/ SCT SF3 Tuner, Pypes Mid Muffler System, Boost Brothers Long Tube Headers, Thunderbolt High Flow Cats.

Last edited by adj86; 05-12-2013 at 11:11 AM.
adj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #26
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 4.6 gt with red leather

good to know guys cheers for your posts..
so mine should go for 20 years then..i drive about 6k miles a year max..only when there's not a cloud in the sky and never from october to april
Old 05-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #27
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

I should mention that I've only got 12,000 miles on my '06, but they are 12,000 of the hardest, roughest, meanest miles ever put on a car.

Whipple-12psi 10 Rib Pulley Kit-McLeod RXT & Steel Flywheel-UPR Rod End LCAs, UCA, Spherical Bearing, Panhard Bar, K-member + Front Swaybar Delete-Metco LCA Relo Brackets-BMR Xtreme Anti Roll-Spydershaft-Race Star Wheels-MGW-PMP Line Locks-Stanghi O/R X-Odyssey 10 lb Battery-Moroso Separator-Eibach Front/CJ Rear Drag Springs-Strange Adjustable Shocks and Struts-MSD 2 Step-etc. 11.29@123 1.59 60'
DRAG RACE? ASK ME ABOUT MY UPR SUSPENSION.
Diabolical! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #28
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 04" Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker View Post
good to know guys cheers for your posts..
so mine should go for 20 years then..i drive about 6k miles a year max..only when there's not a cloud in the sky and never from october to april
I have 94k miles on mine now. 70k of that is w/ a super charger. I dont baby it. Drive it like I stole it. I worrie more about how much the rear tires cost than hurting my motor, LOL. These cars are built for it. FORD knew how we were gonna drive em so they are over built where they need to be.

Just change all your fluids on the proper schedule & you will get more than 20 yrs out of it.

S*h*i*t* the stang is 50 yrs old soon & they are still some running today when taken care of. The new generation motors are built out of such good materials & tolerances that they are even tougher now.

Not driving them is harder on them then mashing the gas all the way to get munchies @ the store.

DSG 04" GT, 5 spd - P1SC Procharger 9 lbs - Anderson Power Pipe - 385 rwhp 329 rwtq - Dyno tuned by Performance Dyno - SLP LMII - Bassini X pipe - 3:73 FRRP - Eibach Pro-Kit - Nittos/ Staggerd on 18" GT500 Black chrome wheels - Seq turn - Steeda Short Shifter - Mach 1 grill delete & chin spoiler - Autometer boost & fuel press gauges - Shorty antenna - Smoked head & tail lights - 5K HIDs
FrostByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #29
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

My '06 sounds like yours. Garage queen, bought new...a whopping 23K on the clock 'thus far. I never had a concern about reliability, and I don't havr a concern now. I don't track it (it's a ragtop), but I drive it hard, and I have never had a problem with it.

I intend on having it till the day my clutch foot stops working and then I can give it to one of my kids...and they can do what they will with it.....
6xStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #30
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: '08 S197 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker View Post
yo,
guys are the 3 valve engines and gearboxes reliable?
i'm so paranoid about mine i loose sleep over it..mines gone about 18k miles..
it's 8 years old now..i dont think it's had a new fuel filter or brake fluid change.
should i do these things?
do these motors leak oil?
what's the highest mileage one on this forum?
cheers rudi
Yes, do the brake fluid. That stuff should be changed every 3 years along with coolant and power steering fluid.

The engines are pretty solid, no known leak points or weak points until you start boosting them.

Fuel filter, 8 years old...yes change it.

What type of gearbox you got manual or automatic? The Manuals are reliable however the 5R55S auto is known to be problematic. Just look up 5r55S Solenoid and valve body problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoyz View Post
if you are getting 29mpg in your 5.0, you aren't driving it correctly
Derf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:28 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement